In preparation for the new map on ps3 7/28....

I bring you.... movies scenes! Ones that I feel were inspired for making this map....

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom- Mine cart chase scene

Pretty self explanatory, every time I see that scene I go right to this.

pvmXmIHjQ2E

only video I could find on youtube, I apologize for the music....

The Ruins-The temple kind of reminds me of the one where the PAP is...

vzdto154_to

I know they don't look exactly similar because of the statues at the bottom in Shangri-La, but it reminded me of this movie as well.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

-note: I was extremely let down by this... but, with that being said, the building in the game kind of reminds me of the warehouse in the movie... Couldn't find a scene with it so the best I can give you is a trailer....

b3XGmQd1Je0

Raiders of the Lost Ark- Opening Scene

The spikes in Shangri-La remind of the this scene, even though it's not exactly similar or anything like that....

http://videosift.com/video/Raiders-Of-T ... g-Sequence

Also, there is a gold shield in the cave that kind of reminds me of the golden gongs in Shangri-la.

Enjoy! If you haven't seen any of these movies, I urge you to see them. They're amazing. The ruins could have been so much better though, but it did catch my interest and I thought it was a decent movie. Same goes for the crystal skull. If you can think of any other movie scenes or videos in general that have influences to the map, please share!

I thought I'd bump this for all those ps3 users who haven't gotten the map. A little over a week away! I'm pumped!

For those who have played it, can you think of any other movie allusions that shangri-la has?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was watching the old movie street fighter last night and bisons temple really remind me of the new trailer. this is all i could find on youtube. you see the temple between 3 and 5 minutes.

KiytiQZD3hw

"This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Stupid America.....

indiana jones seems like some movies i need to see :P

i not to much a fan of horrors, but i might consider The Ruins, as it seems kind of like Shangri-La

Definitely. Awesome movies with exception to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The first three each have their own flare and different style and hold up well against each other. I haven't watched them in a while, but I think I like them all equally. I would suggest watching them in order of course though, but I don't really think you need to.

As for The Ruins, I saw it on Cable once and it was very interesting: and I rarely watch a movie I've never seen before on Cable due to all the commercials and waiting, but I was intrigued. It had a very good concept and plot, but the execution was mediocre. It could have been amazing, in my eyes, if they had done more with it. Too many unanswered questions, but maybe that's what made it so great. Thought provoking and makes you derive your own ideas to fill in the gaps..... Hmmmmm.... Kind of like the whole COD Zombies storyline!

• 3 weeks later...