Explination of Shangri La's electricicty, some cool info.

nhcre8tv1

MAYBE TREYARCH IS MAKING US NEED TO GO PEE.

Because I really have to go pee right now.

carbonfibahs post got me thinking, and I decided to share what I taught myself over the years, and decided to be useful to the site.

On to my theory, since it IS an ancient place there's not gonna be an ELECTRICAL POWER SWITCH, would there be? Unless it's powered by BATTERIES. Batteries, in the ancient times? "Electric batteries, 2000 years ago!!! Surprised? No need to be, really,” said by the one Willard F. M. Gray, who is an engineer at GE (General Electric).

Apparently, 4000 YEARS AGO in Ancient Baghdad, Persia (Iraq), there were very talented metal workers. They knew their way around around copper, steel, and other metals. This led to copper vases, discovered in the 1930's:

Those copper vases had a plated antimony, a toxic chemical element with the symbol Sb and an atomic number of 51.

In english, a hurtful poison and an emerging application in microelectronics. (full Definition here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimony) In English AGAIN, a sub-category of electronic study (my fathers field) that studys smaller electronic components, or electronic measurement. That's what the batteries consisted of. I personally can't break it down simpler than that, sorry. A common example is when you hook a lemon up to wire and proper diodes, this meant that like a potato to a car battery, it would heat, but instead, with a lemon, it would be hooked up on each of the points and creates a cycling current, sort of like a weather cycle. (Diodes: currents that allows electric components and common electricity in one direction, link here: http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/diode.htm). All it did was move something from point A to B So this pretty much means that the Persian were boss electricians, although it was only used in the slightest and simplest manner. How can that power the perk machines, slide, mine carts, and pressure plates traps if it couldn't extend to barely making a spark? Why did you get a needless history lesson? We have gathered it will power the real power supply and obvious solution.

During the ancient Egyptian Times, they turned to water to move things. In the trailer we saw that after the water get's cranked on, the water shoots out of the dragons mouth, which signify's CURRENT, produced by PROPER DIODES and BASIC ANTINOMY, and on top of those stairs are where the Pack a Punch lies, if I remember one of the earlier screenshots correctly. The Water Catapults, are water spewing from sewers, RECTIFIER DIODES (a strong, upwards electric/aquatic current), the water pouring down from the windmill and covering the slide, PROPER DIODES and most likely many others. It's unrealistic however, unless the water mill moves at an ungodly speed with a ton of water, it couldn't power LED lights and dispensing of the perk machines for that long, so that is unrealistic. How it goes back into process after rest of thousands of years is a process that's only typical by an experienced electrician, but for video game purposes it's most likely the flip of a switch, although, someone said they saw two power switches, which would be enough to force the lever into turning again, probably having to repeat the process. Maybe that's where our friend 115 comes in, eh?

Well, that about wraps up your exploration into electronic history, none of this I learned from school, but my own interest in it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

however, unless the water mill moves at an ungodly speed with a ton of water, it couldn't power LED lights and dispensing of the perk machines for that long, so that is unrealistic.

Good post, but we're shooting ZOMBIES with guns that shrink zombies.. So i dont think they care about realistic or not haha

however, unless the water mill moves at an ungodly speed with a ton of water, it couldn't power LED lights and dispensing of the perk machines for that long, so that is unrealistic.

Good post, but we're shooting ZOMBIES with guns that shrink zombies.. So i dont think they care about realistic or not haha

Again, 115. I wonder how 115 can shrink zombies though?

Guys how did the people at Shangri La turn into zombies? Nazis got there and brought element 115 with them. If the Nazis got to shangri La and made a base there they'd bring modern (WWII era) electronics with them to power equipment, lights, and perk machines. If the water wheel does power anything I think it'll be the bamboo traps.

Guys how did the people at Shangri La turn into zombies? Nazis got there and brought element 115 with them. If the Nazis got to shangri La and made a base there they'd bring modern (WWII era) electronics with them to power equipment, lights, and perk machines. If the water wheel does power anything I think it'll be the bamboo traps.

All of the people there are dead and buried. When the characters go somewhere, Samantha controls the 115 that was there (since they have only been to places that had it) and controls all the zombies.

I'm sorry but what?! In the late 1800's Water mills where used to power extensive machinery and were capable of many tasks. We still use them today in Hydro-Electric plants. Water mills are fine, you just underestimate their power.

I'm sorry but what?! In the late 1800's Water mills where used to power extensive machinery and were capable of many tasks. We still use them today in Hydro-Electric plants. Water mills are fine, you just underestimate their power.

I spoke out of my ass at that part. The thread felt unfinished. :|