Good ways on taking out the Thief?

Ḉṍṷḉḣ

While playing solo/split screen/ Co-op on 'Five', we all(should) know that using the cargo elevator and going into the lab, also turning on the power, causes the thief top show up every 4-7 rounds, stealing the players' weapons if he gets to close and/or touches you. It's a pain, that's why you need a good strategy to 'take care' of him. I usually go into the war room(if playing split screen) and have him give chase to whoever he wants around the top floor/cat walk thingy while I aim at his head and upper body, firing bullets full force. If done correctly, he will die quite soon, depending on the gun. If you run out, knife him. He will not take your weapon, as long as he is not giving chase to you. Any other strategies/opinions on killing him? They're appreciated.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:roll: Sorry, but users are more focused on Shangri-La in MP3.

So? He can still post strategies, can't he?

My strategy: Upgrade the m1911. Waste all ammo on him. Victory. Max ammo plus bonfire sale.

I should try that next time I play five, sounds promising, as explosives HAVE been known to kill the thief aswell as George Romero, suggesting the power. As for Mr. Rolly Eyes, not everyone is focused on Shangri-La because of the fact that it's not even OUT yet, limiting from what you can say about, more to theories and and trailers that have been crawling all over that place for quite a while now.

This post was purely out of curiosity, regardless of the fact that the board itself is a ghost town.

Camp it out in the PaP room. Every round, put Claymores at the Teleporter and then when he comes through he dies instantly. Done. 2 second Theif round

Sounds good. I might try it, as it sounds less-risky than going in circles and running the risk of making the noobish mistake of getting caught on a chair.

I don't know how it happened, don't ask. It ALWAYS happens in front of my friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Do your catwalk idea, and have the person with Winter's Howl spam the thief with it. The thief slows down A LOT when hit by it and takes plenty of damage; have other players also shoot at thief while he is slowed down. Easy round and bonfire sale.

I can't really give ya a strategy, because for some reason everytime I get the Pentagon Thief round, He gets stuck in the main teleporter :| *We can still shoot him and kill him easily*

So I don't really play that map much because of that, sure Bonfire Sales are good, but we can only get 3 per match and Its not much of a challenge anymore =/ .

The way I handle the theif is claymores and bullets. I get my claymores before round 5-6 and lay out 2 of them on the first set of steps. Then when the next round comes, I lay out the other 2 on the upper steps. Then I hand at the top and when he cuts that corner from the teleporter up the steps he's getting hit with claymores and my bullets. Then if he makes it up to me I switch my gun to a wall gun (so I can buy it back if I lose it) then I just chase him through the bottom part until I kill him. But in all honesty, it depends on what guns you have. I've taken him out with the ak-74 before but I can kill him on his way up the stairs if I have the winters howl or the ray gun. He ain't shit.

Let him take your gun and when you teleport just move forward and press the sprint button while your teleporting and you should be right behind him then just keep knifing him untill he dies. I think this only works the first time he comes because it seems like he runs faster every time.

I killed the theif with the electric trap but it costed my perks and not getting max ammo. It's just not worth it.

When I play solo I can't get him to run through the traps. He'll get close then turn and go the other way. Maybe it's just multiplayer, who knows.

When I kill him on Solo, I sit at the top floor elevator and unload on him as he runs toward me with an LMG, then finish him off with the lighter weapon in the lab. If you keep your LMG, you're most likely not gonna keep up with him after he steals your lighter weapon.

lol y would u go threw it on solo there's no one to revive u?

You can run through any trap as long as you have Juggernog.

Except Kino's Fire Pit.

BTW I just checked CoD Wiki, and it says the thief never runs into the trap on solo or Multi-player.

lol y would u go threw it on solo there's no one to revive u?

You can run through any trap as long as you have Juggernog.

Except Kino's Fire Pit.

BTW I just checked CoD Wiki, and it says the thief never runs into the trap on solo or Multi-player.

Dammit CoDz! Give me more brains to give out! Thanks for checking that out man. I started thinking I was doing something wrong cause he never ran through it.

And you're right, Kino's firepit is the exception. I never remember that one.

I'll be sure to come back and brains you LMW-YBC!

i managed to kill the theif with the death machine and insta kill, i got it the round before and knew he was going to spawn, went to the power since we were on that floor the dm was about to run out so when he spawned i pretty much hit him with one shot and he died since it ran out, we got a firesale NOT a bonfire and only i got the achievement not my friend who didn't have it.... has this happened before??

*edit* i also forgot to mention that the warning siren that tells you that it's the theif round didn't stop afterwards which got annoying and we died 2 rounds after since we couldn't hear the zombies appearing behind us :evil: