Water in Shangri-La Important?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like it's Hydro-Electricity, I'll back this up with the fact that when the water comes pouring down, the light next to it turns on.

Well of course we need always turn the power on!

And I bet shangri-la has no power switch.

It does have a power switch, but the power switch activates the water, which hits the wheel, which spins, to create electricity. :D

Little off topic but I guess I might think getting this map pack.

I have skipped every other because the zombie maps in my opinion are not worth of 14€.

But this map looks awesome, or maybe I wait till they come to steam sale.

So much to think [brains]

possibly this is how the place is powered, as there is a wheel which moves inside which turns on when the power is on.

and by turning the power on, you remove water from places, alonging the slide to open, and more areas to be opened up.

Exactly what I was thinking! [brains] for you!

Once water is turned on, new areas open up as water is drained or re-directed. Water turns wheel creating power, a great twist on an old theme. Plus the water slides and moving carts appear to be greatly implemented, as well.

well, at the beginning on the "in the jungle" trailer, it shows the water turning on, so MAYBE instead of turning on power, we will be turning on the water flow, which will activate all of the slides, traps, etc. Could also be some kind of a puzzle too, maybe to get to the PAP? Divert water down certain paths to make the PAP open up?

Well, if the entire map is power by Vril, I'm willing to guess that the water cranks the statues, making the statues sort of like a doppler for collecting any Vril in the air and collect it in the statues like an ancient battery.

That Vril would then radiate from the statue to the monks that guarded the temple.

The reason I believe it never killed the monks before and turned them into zombies was because it wasn't until the Nazis entered hallow earth that they found the power of vril (which turns out to be a primative use for 115) and pushed it to its limits, causing it to occasionally break appart and become the radiation that creates zombies....

And yes, it's all power by the water.

Seems like it's Hydro-Electricity, I'll back this up with the fact that when the water comes pouring down, the light next to it turns on.

Well of course we need always turn the power on!

And I bet shangri-la has no power switch.

It does have a power switch, but the power switch activates the water, which hits the wheel, which spins, to create electricity. :D

In the trailer, you can see the piece of wood that has the little electric arrow symbol on it, pointing to where the power room is

And we know there's a power switch, because we even see a trap switch on the giant boulder, which indicates there's electricty (that is most likely caused by the hydro-electricty that's produced by the wheel spinning)