Famas to be weakened next update

Daveyjone

WOW How stupid could Treyarch be. You lower your stats for a gun after the games been out for freaking 8 months! Just because people bitch that the Famas is too good? Thats extremely stupid. If it's so great then learn to use it yourself, and stop complaing. People use that gun for a reason, so stop complaing because it's not your favorite weapon.

So what now? People will just bitch about the Aug being too strong after the Famas is downgraded. Then the Aug is gonna get downgraded and people will bitch about something else. It's a never ending process, and it's pretty illogical.

SMGs were way overpowered in W@W and pretty much dominated the MP, and now there's one AR that might be overpowering and everyone moans about it.

And quit talking about "balance". The SMGs are still way better in CQ. If you don't agree throw a rapid fire and grip on your 74u, and duel it out with a Famas inside a house on Nuketown, the SMG will win every time. A Famas doesnt stand a chance in long range either (compared to Snipers). It's best used in mid range combat, but not well in close and long range. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

?

The only way an SMG can be the Famas in close range is with rapid fire. The FAMAS kills in 3 shots close range, same as the the MP5k and 74u, but fires nearly 200 rpm faster! Who's gonna win? rapid fire just makes it equal. The only win in hip fire, but a good FAMAS user can counter than with a quick reaction. And snipers? The famas takes a shit on snipers unless they are really good, if you burst fire it it's like a sniper. I've died plenty of times hitting someone with a sniper but getting bursted by a Famas in a fraction of a second. And not well in close to long range? It excels in CQB and can be rather effective at long range, so I don't know where you got any of that last paragraph.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW How stupid could Treyarch be. You lower your stats for a gun after the games been out for freaking 8 months! Just because people bitch that the Famas is too good? Thats extremely stupid. If it's so great then learn to use it yourself, and stop complaing. People use that gun for a reason, so stop complaing because it's not your favorite weapon.

So what now? People will just bitch about the Aug being too strong after the Famas is downgraded. Then the Aug is gonna get downgraded and people will bitch about something else. It's a never ending process, and it's pretty illogical.

SMGs were way overpowered in W@W and pretty much dominated the MP, and now there's one AR that might be overpowering and everyone moans about it.

And quit talking about "balance". The SMGs are still way better in CQ. If you don't agree throw a rapid fire and grip on your 74u, and duel it out with a Famas inside a house on Nuketown, the SMG will win every time. A Famas doesnt stand a chance in long range either (compared to Snipers). It's best used in mid range combat, but not well in close and long range. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

What you overlooked is the fact that in order to compete with the Famas or AUG the submachine guns REQUIRE an attachment to even the kill time. This makes the Famas or AUG superior to an SMG, as those don't require an attachment. And with Rapid Fire, you sacrifice whatever middle range ability that you had for only marginally better ability in close quarters.

And you said put on RF with Grip. You put yourself at a disadvantage as well as you sacrifice Steady Aim and Sleight of Hand, both of which are far more useful perks for SMG's.

While they're at it, they could move the Galil to the Sniper Rifle category, because it can kill you from MILES away!

It used to have very high recoil

:facepalm: Snipers are suppose to kill you from miles away, to say the truth I think they should Highten the strength of the L96A1 because I sniper like that can't possibly get a hit marker

Regards Yellow-card8

So make the gun innacurate unless scoped and more powerful over distance, they did this, it was removed in the 3rd update... as too many people complained... this game is ruined.

?

The only way an SMG can be the Famas in close range is with rapid fire. The FAMAS kills in 3 shots close range, same as the the MP5k and 74u, but fires nearly 200 rpm faster! Who's gonna win? rapid fire just makes it equal. The only win in hip fire, but a good FAMAS user can counter than with a quick reaction. And snipers? The famas takes a shit on snipers unless they are really good, if you burst fire it it's like a sniper. I've died plenty of times hitting someone with a sniper but getting bursted by a Famas in a fraction of a second. And not well in close to long range? It excels in CQB and can be rather effective at long range, so I don't know where you got any of that last paragraph.

Famas takes a shit on snipers? On long range shots? Are you freaking crazy?!!? Play a match on Hazard or Discovery and put a Famas shooter on one end and an L96 sniper on the other end and the sniper will easily get more kills. Honestly if a Famas is killing you from across the level when you're sniping, you're sniping skills aren't that great. Next time he starts to shoot ,just change your position like snipers should do. I can't coun't the number of times I've lost when going up against a sniper for a longshot with my Famas. BTW the accuracy is shot to hell on long range shots for the Famas, so I have no clue why you think it's got some sort of great long range advantage and a "burst fire sniper" :lol:

And yes, you might have to put a rapid fire on the SMG to compete with CQB, but once that's done the SMG is far more deadly than a Famas in closed quarters. Plus you're completely forgetting the fact that ADS and Mobility stats are higher on an SMG. It's much easier to run and gun with an SMG over an AR, but no one ever seems to bring that point into the argument. SMG's are better for flanking, and always will be over AR's. Yes, Famas will win in close quarters more than any other AR (maybe not the AUG?), but that comes down to skill. You can't say the gun is overpowering and go and change it when it's really the player's quick reation that gets him the kills, and not the gun itself. That's just BS.

What you overlooked is the fact that in order to compete with the Famas or AUG the submachine guns REQUIRE an attachment to even the kill time. This makes the Famas or AUG superior to an SMG, as those don't require an attachment. And with Rapid Fire, you sacrifice whatever middle range ability that you had for only marginally better ability in close quarters.

And you said put on RF with Grip. You put yourself at a disadvantage as well as you sacrifice Steady Aim and Sleight of Hand, both of which are far more useful perks for SMG's.

Clearly you're misusing the SMG if you're using it in mid range battles. Common sense says an AR, Famas or another AR, will always win against an SMG in mid range battle. That's just a given. You should be using the SMG for flanking situations and close quarters, NOT mid range. Don't be upset because you're not using the gun's effective range to get kills.

And having the two attachments means that yes, you will sacrifice something else, but that's how the games suppose to work. I don't use suppresors, so I sacrifice my position. I use ARs, so I sacrifice my mobility. I use SMGs, so I sacrifice my mid-long range effectiveness. You've just got to learn how to work around these problems to optimize the guns potential.

But what's done is done. The update has happened. The Famas is still just as good as it use to be. I'm still getting the same amount of kills as I used to. I'm sure people will still complain after being outskilled by a Famas user and it'll be nerfed again.

• 1 month later...

I just hope for you guys sake that MW3 will go back to cod4's; 'when-you-make-a-game-then-you-can-tell-us-what's-wrong-with-it' attitude, or Battlefield is going to overshadow CoD as it is starting to do, because they make what they want, trying not to balance a create a class game (which ends in tears as we see from black ops) and so their game is more enjoyable online now in many peoples opinions... and definatley not listining to the haters, who will never be happy, but hey; "The guy with the loudest voice is heard,no matter how extreme the view."

• 2 weeks later...

Famas takes a shit on snipers? On long range shots? Are you freaking crazy?!!? Play a match on Hazard or Discovery and put a Famas shooter on one end and an L96 sniper on the other end and the sniper will easily get more kills. Honestly if a Famas is killing you from across the level when you're sniping, you're sniping skills aren't that great. Next time he starts to shoot ,just change your position like snipers should do. I can't coun't the number of times I've lost when going up against a sniper for a longshot with my Famas. BTW the accuracy is shot to hell on long range shots for the Famas, so I have no clue why you think it's got some sort of great long range advantage and a "burst fire sniper" :lol:

And yes, you might have to put a rapid fire on the SMG to compete with CQB, but once that's done the SMG is far more deadly than a Famas in closed quarters. Plus you're completely forgetting the fact that ADS and Mobility stats are higher on an SMG. It's much easier to run and gun with an SMG over an AR, but no one ever seems to bring that point into the argument. SMG's are better for flanking, and always will be over AR's. Yes, Famas will win in close quarters more than any other AR (maybe not the AUG?), but that comes down to skill. You can't say the gun is overpowering and go and change it when it's really the player's quick reation that gets him the kills, and not the gun itself. That's just BS.

True, that's true, [brains] for you!

I'm a poet...didn't know it.

But it is true what you say, and if anyone has ever been in the army, or even ccf, or even seen the film shooter, they will know, snipers nowdays go in groups, normally two, a shooter and a spotter, like in cod 4, then they position themselves, sometimes for days to get that one shot, even if they miss, they must then move, but people complain when i do that in hardcore, normally because they try to find my camping spot and are frustrated by my constant moving :D

True, that's true, [brains] for you!

I'm a poet...didn't know it.

But it is true what you say, and if anyone has ever been in the army, or even ccf, or even seen the film shooter, they will know, snipers nowdays go in groups, normally two, a shooter and a spotter, like in cod 4, then they position themselves, sometimes for days to get that one shot, even if they miss, they must then move, but people complain when i do that in hardcore, normally because they try to find my camping spot and are frustrated by my constant moving :D

I'm in the ACF, and we use that method just for range shooting for the L98A2, L86 LSW and Target Rifle. I can easily see how much it would help snipers! It's almost a shame you can't use that strategy on CoD, but then it would be boring being the spotter.