Shangri-La new gameplay discussion thread!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I frame by framed it as well and heres what I found (from start to finish)

Guns

Olympia

Spectre

Famas

Ak74u

RPK

M14

Spaz-12

HS10

Objects:

Quick Revive

Water Slide

Water that shoots zombies up

Time change(day to night)

Eclipse

Underground places

Spinning statue (1:03)

trap switch

Flaming zombie explodes?

Zombie that shoots out light maybe blinds you like a flashbang

The wondergun kinda looked like it shrunk or turned the zombies into aliens :o

Well sorry if i repeated anything but i just wanted to post everything just in case

Perk Machines: CONFIRMED

New Wonder Weapon: CONFIRMED

Original Cast: CONFIRMED

New Female Zombies: CONFIRMED

New Boss Zombie: CONFIRMED

Traps: CONFIRMED

Pack A Punch: CONFIRMED

Day Time and Night Time Action: CONFIRMED

Slide('s?): CONFIRMED

Add to this list if you've found something and confirmed it please...I'm really excited for this map for some strange reason...I have a feeling we're in for a nice surprise. I heard that some things won't be available until later rounds which gives us incentive to go farther. The new wonder weapon looks like it's a shrink ray.

New Wonder Weapon: CHIBI-GUN!!!!!1!1!!!!!11

New Boss Zombie: UNCONFIRMED

Add to this list if you've found something and confirmed it please...I'm really excited for this map for some strange reason...I have a feeling we're in for a nice surprise. I heard that some things won't be available until later rounds which gives us incentive to go farther. The new wonder weapon looks like it's a shrink ray.

The boss isn't confirmed yet, the fire/ice zombies are just variants, for now anyways... fix'd

New Wonder Weapon: CHIBI-GUN!!!!!1!1!!!!!11

New Boss Zombie: UNCONFIRMED

The boss isn't confirmed yet, the fire/ice zombies are just variants, for now anyways... fix'd

I had to give u [brains] for that...thanks!

I feel a little let down by the new wunder weapon so far to be honest.

Much like the VR-11 it's not going to be that useful apart from the possibility of an Easter Egg role perhaps.

Saying that there needs to be more info on.

I do like the wunder weapons to be sort of 'Ultimate' weapons mind you, not make something change and run away.

Okay, 2 things i'd like to clear up

Much like the VR-11 it's not going to be that useful apart from the possibility of an Easter Egg role perhaps.

I'd like to respectfully disagree with you on that one. In Cotd, when you used the VR-11, it only turned ONE zombie into a dumb ass human. In this one, when you shoot it, you can see that it turned multiple zombies into whatever we're calling those alien looking creatures. And we don't know exactly what happens after they've turned, maybe they turn into possible land mines for the other zombies, or maybe they just simply die, we'll find out in 6 days though :D

but yes, there is also a chance that it plays a part in figuring out (or hopefully figuring out, if there even is one) the new easter egg. It's not fair to always expect an insanely complicated easter egg from Treyarch.

ANDif everyone can turn their attention to 1:01 in the newer video, you notice the zombies being lifted high into the air just to land right on the piece of land that you're on.

I read somewhere that someone thought this was a 'flinging trap'

There are two things wrong with that statement.

One- Aren't traps supposed to kill zombies, not bring them closer to you?

Two- The odds of it being any contraption is very VERY low. Just like it started in Der Riese, with the higher elevation maps, zombies have had the ability to jump from lower levels to higher ones, when we can't. It's just a natural thing

IMO, I think the Wunderweapon has something to do with the actual theme of Shangri-La. I def remember reading somewhere that the people who lived in Shangri-La were practically ageless, or how they pretty much never aged because of the habitat of it's location.

Shangri-La has become synonymous with any earthly paradise but particularly a mythical Himalayan utopia — a permanently happy land, isolated from the outside world. In the novel Lost Horizon, the people who live at Shangri-La are almost immortal, living years beyond the normal lifespan and only very slowly aging in appearance.

So knowing that and my horrible skills at pausing the video at the right time, to me, it seems as if the new Wunderweapon turns them into little kids/baby Zombies. It'd kind of fit the theme of remaining immortal and living forever. There aren't much babies can do... Aside from the exploding ones in Dead Space 2. lOL.

On a side note, has anyone noticed Takeo going down the water slide in this trailer?

In the first trailer, he went down the slide it looked normal, but at :57 of this trailer the water is much higher its up to his chest!

So it looks as if their maybe 2 slides or one slide that floods out!

Just a thought hadn't seen anyone discussing it.

I'd like to respectfully disagree with you on that one. In Cotd, when you used the VR-11, it only turned ONE zombie into a dumb ass human. In this one, when you shoot it, you can see that it turned multiple zombies into whatever we're calling those alien looking creatures.

That's fair enough dude, I understand your point, and it is very valid, no one knows yet what these little mites are going to do once they run off into the map (if they do).

My gripe is with the fact that the new Wunder weapon turns Zombies into things, I'd much rather it be a silly powered machine gun or laser rifle type thing :) .

OH! Do you guys remember seeing the 'flaming' zombie in the new vid? and how on two occasions we see it explode? I think that if you kill it, it explodes

BUT, i also think that it could be a type of zombie that if you let it get too close to you, instead of hitting you, it explodes. Causing area effect damage to not only you but to your teammates, and it's most likely going to cause more damage than just a regular zombie hit.

IMO, I think the Wunderweapon has something to do with the actual theme of Shangri-La. I def remember reading somewhere that the people who lived in Shangri-La were practically ageless, or how they pretty much never aged because of the habitat of it's location.

So knowing that and my horrible skills at pausing the video at the right time, to me, it seems as if the new Wunderweapon turns them into little kids/baby Zombies. It'd kind of fit the theme of remaining immortal and living forever. There aren't much babies can do... Aside from the exploding ones in Dead Space 2. lOL.

Yes defiantly, very good point.

It has to be something to do with that Dragon/Serpent statue sitting on the weapon.

There's probably some sort of link between Serpents and the youth of life in some sort of linked culture of the map location.

I remember reading something similar about Shangri-La, perhaps on Wiki.

Why is the Electric trap switch massive?

Haven't you ever played tomb raider? All switches in 'aztecy' places are HUGE!

also i hope the wonder gun doesn't turn zombies into anything, as that was the biggest fail in CotD. Or at least hope it's implemented better...

All in all though this map looks amazing. Well excited for all the traps an such YAYYYY :)

The new Wonder-Weapon looks a bit like the Enfield, don't you think?

And is that a new Flame weapon, or the Spas-12 with Dragon's Breath?(If so, then we could be seeing attachments!)

And doesn't that Spike trap look useless, seeing that it killed no Zombies?

And why does that creepy Ice Zombie wear a turban-like head-piece?

Will it be bigger than CotD?

Why is the Electric trap switch massive?

Why is the Olympia even still in Zombies?

Will Wii ever get this map?

That's what I kept thinking, but the more I look, the more it seems like it could just be the Olympia upgraded to the hades. I hope it's a new weapon though.

Also with the spike trap, the zombie that's chasing him is the same one at the end that glows blue and stuff. The traps probably can't kill him. Maybe he's like the theif in 5 and he can outrun you and you have to use the traps to evade him, which makes him take a different route.

I believe you're on to something with the zombie trying to chase Nikolai near the bamboo trap being the same zombie at the end of the trailer. After watching that 2 second clip over and over, it appears that, that zombie has a unique running animation apart from the average zombie.