what happened to the zombie storyline????????

i mean seriously der riese was the map were everything was starting to make sense and now its basically (sorry about this part) getting screwed by Treyarch i mean there is litarally NO story behind the last and the next map from what i can see (besides the radios in COTD) and what significance of George A. Romero? i mean when i played Der reise i was actually fairly excited about how the story would progress i:

A: expected to kicked the snot out of Sam

B: would finally completly annihilate the zombies once and for all.

anyway this has been my little rant give me your thought when or if the story will progress

-Knuckles

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COTD had a big part to the story: the golden rod. It is some important peice to the Richtofen's plan, and something to do with Vril. The rest of that map was basically for fun and not the story, but had little parts and facts. I have a feeling Treyarch was just testing some of their ideas in COTD to see if we liked them.

You cant really say the next map is nothing to do with the story because we have only been shown 45 seconds of it, and it might have a lot to do with Vril and Richtofens plan.

But yes I do see where you are wondering where the whole Sam/Maxis thing went.

Really wish treyarch would release the classic maps as a DLC already, i have never played der reise or any of the classic maps which sucks! i know the story from reading on here etc.. but would really like to play them without having to buy WAW. You never know though sam/maxis could make a reappearance on Shangri-La, i really hope there are quite a few BIG EE's on the new map its always fun trying to work them out and stuff.

I think it ties in well, in the sense that the four original zombies characters are locked in the map in a room they cn't get out of. If the kept using the same four characters over and over they'd lose their charm. So the addition of some fresh meat is a nice change but not a far cry from where it started. ( thats just my opinion not expecting people to except it or agree ;) )

You may look to it as you want it yourself but the fact remains. The storyline remains intact and it is something that makes people want to play zombies even more. And I agree that the story might seem light on the CotD map.

The following information is required on CotD.

-CotD location is a previous used testing site for zombies.

-In this date and time it seems that either the survivers were unknown about zombies.

-The main characters teleported trough the gersch device and seem to be unable to move further untill the mystery egg completed. Seemingly they made the easter egg simpler then the one on ascension that not many have completed since there is more then just the death machines. And made sure that it is shown atleast once that the main characters teleport to a place with elephants.

-The new location with hints of all the other maps is a tropical map with the vorkuta sentence Freedom. It looks more to indiana jones so it might be more like a movie set like Cotd but it does show where the main characters came from and how they got to the next map.

- The radios and george tell a lot about what happened at the crash site.

It was a testing site and seemingly the main characters had stayed there for some while.

It tells how dempsey became a mindless freak, and how the others personalities are.

It told about certain tests on a small girl most likely samantha.

It said something about a docter called harvey and peter who is known to be hanging dead in a previous zombie map.

It seems there was a failed subject who appears to be a mexican. I do not think it has connection with danny trejo. But it might explain one black picture at kino der toten.

Seemingly they tested nationality and not simply personality. Since they tested mexican, japanese, russian and american. For some reason maxis did not want americans involved. The reason is unkown.

One subject was captured at verruckt after a rescue team tries to safe Peter mccain who will be dead in a zombie map. The captured subject was the person named tank dempsey. The status of the other americans is unknown to myself.

The russian subject was effected by wodka medicine and the japanese subject was silence. Seemingly the zombie infection infects people with strong powers differently. That might be a reason that there are many different zombies, bosses(shangri-la boss?, pentagon thief and george) and monkeys. Want there are indeed 3 types of monkeys. Gas monkeys who people refer as crawlers on kino. Space monkeys of ascension and now this new type on the new map.

On top of that I think that richtofen transported there on purpose to get the golden rod for his plan. After all its an former zombie facility and the time might be an accident. The golden rods purpose is unknown. It might be a key to the ancient easter egg in shangri-la, It might be a combine piece of multiple wonder weapons togheter and it might even be the strongest wonder weapon we will know. Who knows that!

Atleast I think this might be enough information.

I still think the VR 11 is pretty awesome.

If there is a map where is less information on the story line it would be 5, yet there is info on the story line there as well. More then most people know. Most think its a joke XD