Not Ready To Die analysis

Hey guys, now I felt like doing a post of the analysis of the song "Not Ready to Die"

Now I searched there were a few but not alot out there, and some of them we're missing some stuff, and I don't want to say names ....... liz -_- .... so this my analysis of the song

So this song is from Richtofen's perspective except of being Samantha's perspective, so let's go to the analysis

Gone

Cast away in time

(now form this we can tell that they went through time, and for the people who didn't know, they went through time by using the WunderWaffe DG-3 JZ and teleporting when they were in Der Riese)

Evil yours, now evil mine

(Richtofen is trying to overpower Samantha and/or probably get her power with his invention that he is probably making with all those tools)

So I robbed you blind

(this is where Richtofen killed Samantha and stole all her life and turning her into this demon)

The voices in my head suggest a less than peaceful side

(now this goes back to the theory that there's still a peaceful side of samantha, but Samantha is so enraged with Richtofen that she is being controlled by her anger but is trying to get control but to still kill Richtofen)

The endless possibilities

controlling 935.

(Richtofen is trying to control Group 935 for its technology since the "Trust Barrier" is there since in on of the radios Richtofen says "That the barrier is not located in the spleen" barrier hmm well talk about that later)

You can't break me

(This must be one of Richtofen's expirements when he's trying to mind control him and wipe his memory but is trying to reject it)

Crushed the fears of yesterday

(now by this he means that people won't try to find him and kill him since almost everyone that knew him think he's dead or the people that he knew him are dead)

You can't save me

Barriers, our trust will fade.

(now the barriers, this is probably restricting him from mind controlling them since they were expirements from Der Riese and Dr.Maxis must have had a Plan B if someone tries to control them)

I've stood in the dark

been waiting all this time

(he was in hiding from the illuminati and has been waiting for a long time to get the materials to control the world)

While we damn the dead I'm trying to survive

I'm not ready to die

(A quote of just trying to survive)

Damned

Watch the masses fall

(watching the zombies die since thats what Richtofen loves)

Burn it down, control 'em all

(either he wants to kill them or control them, or it might be a quote from Verruckt since they tried to mind control them and the entire place went on fire)

Make me crawl

to daddy's little girl to read the writings on the wall

(Richtofen relises that Samantha is doing this from the voices and the writing on the wall and he won't go down without a fight)

While cast into the nothingness

(He's knows that Samantha is in the Aether so he know that she can't do much)

the final curtain call

(it's either talking about George, a refrece for Kino, or talking about the last battle where he kills Samantha (again :/)

You can't break me,

You can't take me,

Barriers, our trust will fade

I've stood in the dark

While we damn the dead I'm trying to survive,

I'm not ready to die

(same thing as before)

Through the madness we find

(Richtofen is insane as we all know, but we all love him how he is :D)

loyalty is no match for power

(Richtofen is no longer loyal to anybody and wants power)

Say goodbye to your life, left to rot in

(Richtofen is now going to control your life and control it until you rot and die)

your darkest hour

Prayers won't help you now as long as you're mine

(as I said above)

This part is just refrences but intresting ones

(now this part is intresting, it's the part where the GKnova part starts, but it starts at 4:35, 4 35 just like 935, idk if its coincidance but it's intresting, and I have seen the tabs for Not Ready To Die and the guitarist hits the string 15 times then changes in a different pattern of strings that are still have 15 and 15 looks alot like 115, theres also a 2nd guitarist at the second part since he has to do the pattern two times and he hits the string 120 which again is close to 115 and was dissapointed that it wasn't 115,

Now this is the part that creeped me out, now the part whre the piano part is going and there is some interuption of guitar it looks like this

E| |-----------------------------l-----------------------------|

B| |-----------------------------l-----------------------------|

G| |---------------------------- l-----------------------------|

D| |---0~----------0-0-0-0-----|---8~----------8--8---------|

A| |---0~----------0-0-0-0-----|---8~----------8--8---------|

so I add the 0's and got 5 and added all the 8's and I got 72, I surfed the internet on google and typed 1972 and looked at every month of the fifth, these are the most intresting ones,

Jun 5th 1972 U.S. President Richard Nixon orders the development of a space shuttle program.

May 5th Alitalia Flight 112 crashes and 115 people die, the airplane crashed Around 10:23-24 PM, the aircraft (coming from Ponente-lato Terrasini) hit against a crest of 935 meters (1,980 feet high), about 300 feet (91 m) below the top of the mountain, and slid for a long time on the ground with its wings, its fuselage, and its four engines, until it disintegrated in the successive hits against the rocks of the crest.

Sept 5th Eleven Israeli athletes at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich are murdered after 8 members of the Arab terrorist group Black September invade the Olympic Village; 5 guerillas and 1 policeman are also killed in a failed hostage rescue, (why this is intresting is that it has 1 5 which is 15, and there was 11 athlets and it was the 5th, you might say that I'm just putting numbers together but isn't it wierd how the numbers are so close and matching to the story))

You can't break me

You can't take me

Barriers, our trust will fade

I've stood in the dark

While we damn the dead I'm trying to survive

(again the same thing)

And I'll control the world

one person at a time

(Richtofen wants to mind control every person in the world which is probably his master plan)

As I damn the dead I'm trying to survive

I'm not ready to die!

Oh!

I'm not ready to die

I'm not ready to die !!

I'm not ready to die !!

I'm not ready to die !!!!

Thanks for reading this, if you think i missed something tell me in the comments

Regards Yellow-card8

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a joke :P and by the guitar I mean by this

. . . . .

theres 5 of the 0's, and I added up all the 8's and got 72 which I decided to be the year

Regards Yellow-card8

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but they are not the exact words for the song.... i've listened to the song several times and it does sound like that and i thought i'd check out the lyrics for the song... here are the actual lyrics:

Gone cast away in time

Evil yours, now evil mine

So I robbed you blind, the voices

in my head could jest a less than

peaceful side

The endless possibilities

controlling every fight

You can’t break me, crushed the

fears of yesterday

You can’t change me, barriers our trust will fade.

I’ve stood in the dark, been

waiting all this time

While we damn the dead I’m

trying to survive, I’m not ready to die

Damned, watch the masses fall

Burn it down, control ‘em all

Make me crawl, to daddy’s little

girl to read the writings on the wall

While cast into the nothingness

the final curtain call

fears of yesterday

I’ve stood in the dark, been waiting all this time

trying to survive, I’m not ready to die

Through the madness we find

loyalty is no match for power

Save your body or lie, left to rot in

your darkest hour

Friends won’t help you now as long as your mine

fears of yesterday

I’ve stood in the dark, been

waiting all this time

trying to survive

And I’ll control the world one

person at a time

As I damn the dead I’m trying to

survive, I’m not ready to die

Oh!

I’m not ready to die

I’m not ready to die !!

I’m not ready to die !!

I’m not ready to die !!!!

http://www.hotnewsonglyrics.com/avenged ... yrics.html

i'll give you [brains] on a good analysis of the lyrics we hear and think they are :D

it's not controlling every fight even though it does sound like it says that but if you listen closely you her a v sound which is 5 , and why would treyarch not put 935, :) but I'll give you brains for actually researching, every lyric is 100% correct, I spent hours listening to the song and every word, I memeroize the whole song :lol:

I'll try if I can dig some more stuff out of this :)

Regards Yellow-card8

it's not controlling every fight even though it does sound like it says that but if you listen closely you her a v sound which is 5 , and why would treyarch not put 935, :) but I'll give you brains for actually researching, every lyric is 100% correct, I spent hours listening to the song and every word, I memeroize the whole song :lol:

Regards Yellow-card8

thats odd, because even on the youtube video it says "controlling every fight" unless treyarch asked Avenge sevenfold to create a slightly altered version of the song to include 935, i wouldn't put it past treyarch to do that :twisted:

Regards Yellow-card8

thats odd, because even on the youtube video it says "controlling every fight" unless treyarch asked Avenge sevenfold to create a slightly altered version of the song to include 935, i wouldn't put it past treyarch to do that :twisted:

Treyarch must did some last improvements

Regards Yellow-card8

quick question yellow-card... did you listen to the song on the actual game or from itunes?? because there is a v in control every fight as they sound very similar..... i can understand where you would get the 935 from because the way he says every with the accent on the y makes it sound like a 3... if you've listen to the one on CoTD that would explain the differences as i have listened to the one i got from itunes......

I listened one from youtube, COTD, and XAvengedLullabyX gave me a video with the song on it (even though those lyric were wrong too since it said Controlling Every Fight) :roll:

But I just think that it doesn't really make sense if it controlling every fight, I heard the song a billion times, and full blast (couldn't hear well for days :lol: ) and can 100& say that it's controlling 935,

Also MrRoflWaffle and other people heard the song as much as I have and said that it is 935

And isn't it wierd how both those words/# sound so a like?

Regards Yellow-card8

"Sept 5th Eleven Israeli athletes at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich are murdered after 8 members of the Arab terrorist group Black September invade the Olympic Village; 5 guerillas and 1 policeman are also killed in a failed hostage rescue, (why this is intresting is that it has 1 5 which is 15, and there was 11 athlets and it was the 5th, you might say that I'm just putting numbers together but isn't it wierd how the numbers are so close and matching to the story"

This really doesnt have anything to do with zombies but this event is why the GSG9 was created (German antiterrorist force)

Oh and [brains] to you sir. great analysis.

Ok, i've spent the last couple of days trawling through lyric webpage after lyric webpage and lyirc youtube vids and they all say the same thing "controlling every fight" so i don't know....

but really controlling every fight would work in the story line aswell because if richtofen is going to control the zombies then he can control where they attack and if tank and co are under his control still they can fight with the zombies too....

ok, as a musician i have completely scrutinized this song. I've been playing guitar for 4 years or so and learned this song as soon as it came out. also, as a singer i have studied the lyrics INTENSLY, and i can assure you, its 935.

i was actually planning on doing an analasis on this song for my first big post, but you pretty much covered all the lyrical side of it. good job.

you may also like to know that A7X's Singer M.Shadows, is one of the ONLY people outside of Treyarc to have an up to date storyline, 3Arc actually GAVE him full disclosure on the Zombie storyline so he could get his lyrics as accurate as possible, reinforcing my belief that he said 935 in that line.

But now i can do my part:

Synyster Gates did an amazing job with the guitar work in this song, the only bit i cant play is the very end of the solo....too fucking fast. ANYWAY-

the opening Organ/keyboard uses the same scale as the 'zombies menu music' also used in the song 935. More interesting though, is the duel guitar fade in arpeggio is actually the EXACT same notes as the theme, only extended to include the full scale (these are cut down later to groups of three notes when the actual zombie theme plays) my point is, that the theme didn't just fin in by chance, the whole song was written around it.

And if I remember correctly, isn't M.Shadows a COD fan and treyarch was a A7X fan and thats how they made that deal?

Regards Yellow-card8

Pretty much yeah! A7X have a little games room where they take their breaks, on the All Excess DVD they show you the room briefly, with some of the band members playing Halo. although im sure they all play Blops as well. I remember seeing a quote by M.shadows talking about how they were big fans of each other, and after a little chat they got the full Zombie lore. pretty cool stuff.

• 1 month later...

(now this part is intresting, it's the part where the GKnova part starts, but it starts at 4:35, 4 35 just like 935, idk if its coincidance but it's intresting, and I have seen the tabs for Not Ready To Die and the guitarist hits the string 15 times then changes in a different pattern of strings that are still have 15 and 15 looks alot like 115, theres also a 2nd guitarist at the second part since he has to do the pattern two times and he hits the string 120 which again is close to 115 and was dissapointed that it wasn't 115,

Now this is the part that creeped me out, now the part whre the piano part is going and there is some interuption of guitar it looks like this

Um, I'm not a guitar player nor do I really know how to read tabs, but did anyone else notice that the chords played where D-A-D? Just wanted to point it out since it was the first thing that popped out to me and no one seemed to mention it here.

Also, isn't the song in Richtofen's point of view?

"The voices in my head suggest a less than peaceful side"

They way I see it, that's Richtofen talking about his own insanity :)

I'm fairly new to the site and so aren't as great with the whole analyzing thing you guys have going on, but I tried. :D

[brains] for you because I loved your analysis!