Problems w/ Shangri-La Time Period (UPDATED)

Tac

• Administrators

There is a chance that the Gersch quote is classified as 4th wall. But this talk is kind of getting annoying, we all have solid points but were just repeating them and won't get anywhere until they release the trailer and inside Xbox presumably tomorrow, anyone mind if we discuss Der Riese timeline?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

foo too is right. Tank is talking about Gersh in CotD. Which is what messes up everything. I used to think it went

NdU->Ver->SNN->Kino->Der Rise->CotD->Shangri-La->Ascension.

Then i remembered tank said that and it just trows it all out of balance. Plus the tape in SNN on black ops is from them in CotD. Plus you cant say that CotD is before kino cause of the kino entry tape of Richtofen just now learning of the time travel abilities of the teleporters. so my best guess is

NdU->Ver->Der rise->Kino->CotD->Shangri-La->SNN->Ascension

Damn Treyarch >.> Confusing the hell out of us and not making some kind of sense to the time line cause every map seems to have new ways of contradicting other maps places in the timeline >.>

• Administrators

Well, I was thinking, what if teleporting ages you to where u are? But I feel that Ascension take place in 1981 because Richtofen is still relatively young looking in Kino, and if ascension is around FIVE (before kino), why would he have Gray hairs?

• Administrators

Well, I was thinking, what if teleporting ages you to where u are? But I feel that Ascension take place in 1981 because Richtofen is still relatively young looking in Kino, and if ascension is around FIVE (before kino), why would he have Gray hairs?

He had grey hairs since the start....

Not like the gray strip on Ascension though.

And here's why I believe Ascension is in '81:

It looks like '82 for the one on the left, and '81 for Ascension.

He has had that strip since the start, it was just hard to see due to the hat. BTW nice find with the magazine.

• Administrators

True true. And thank you! Alpha directed me towards that, but what differs between us is that he thinks the 2 dates are in the 60s and I believe it says 81 and 82, you can see the full figure eight lool

• Administrators

I zoomed in and, Although it really isn't very clear, it looks like it says 82 on one of them. I believe you're right, but it COULD be a 6.

Ya it could be, not to mention, if it was '80's, why is it in FIVE during 1962?

The Magazines have to be from the 60's.

Notice: The Magazine to the right says:

"Space Race! Who will get to space first?"

If I may quote 'Even Stevens': "We went to the moon, in 1969. Not 1968, a yearrrr lay-ter."

If the magazines are from '81, why would they have those titles?

• Administrators

The Magazines have to be from the 60's.

Notice: The Magazine to the right says:

"Space Race! Who will get to space first?"

If I may quote 'Even Stevens': "We went to the moon, in 1969. Not 1968, a yearrrr lay-ter."

If the magazines are from '81, why would they have those titles?

Ok, we sadly they Ruskies beat us. This article is from March 15, 1961 then. First man into space was Yuri Gagarin on April 12, 1961. So is this set in that time frame or what?

I agree with KAOS it does go (in which they traveled) DR to Kino, Kino to Ascension, Ascension to COtD, and COtD to Shangri La....... IF it were by date it would be something like this: DR to Shangri La, Shangri La to Kino, Kino to Ascension, and Ascension to COtD.......... I think Shangri La goes before kino because Kino is were Richtofen got his scar and going by what your saying he doesnt have his scar anymore....

• Administrators

I agree with KAOS it does go (in which they traveled) DR to Kino, Kino to Ascension, Ascension to COtD, and COtD to Shangri La....... IF it were by date it would be something like this: Shangri La to DR, DR to Kino, Kino to Ascension, and Ascension to COtD.......... I think Shangri La goes before kino because Kino is were Richtofen got his scar and going by what your saying he doesnt have his scar anymore....

He got his scar in Ascension not Kino. There are so many different types of orders, IDK what anyone means anymore. Theres the order:

we play

the breakouts occurred

the time periods the maps are in

the characters are there

• Administrators

Just when I thought I was beginning to understand zombies, just!, I read the posts in this discussion! :shock: lol All jokes aside it is interesting stuff, and I eventually will understand! :lol:

-enemy

Haha, that happens a lot. We won't know a lot of things until October with map pack being out by then and having time to work it out.

It's great to have content that started out as an add on, and now I play it more than the actually game or online. I've been playing since W@W the very first map, but recently I've felt the need to learn more about the background of characters etc. Why and how they end up somewhere different every map was the main attraction tbh. :lol:

Here's my assertion to you;

If they went back in time, wouldn't their be large ripples forward that we would notice? If they indeed went back in time, there would be some sort of ripple in the timeline that we'd be able to notice. And upon typing this, I figured out what doesn't match up.

In CoTD, Richtofen has the stars retrieve the golden rod, and he leaves with it(as confirmed by dempsey who asks him, reluctantly, if thats a rod in his pocket, where Richtofen responds "Nein, Lets go, I have a meeting."

Arguably, Richtofen means a meeting with Samantha, meaning that golden rod must hold some effect over Samantha. Richtofen's grand goal is to stop the zombies, which means stop Samantha. If this golden rod does in fact stop her, we would see no zombies in Call of The Dead.

Also, a little side step, if the golden rod is used farther back in the time-line, than wouldn't that mean the golden rod would never have been under the ice in the first place?

• Administrators

Here's my assertion to you;

If they went back in time, wouldn't their be large ripples forward that we would notice? If they indeed went back in time, there would be some sort of ripple in the timeline that we'd be able to notice. And upon typing this, I figured out what doesn't match up.

In CoTD, Richtofen has the stars retrieve the golden rod, and he leaves with it(as confirmed by dempsey who asks him, reluctantly, if thats a rod in his pocket, where Richtofen responds "Nein, Lets go, I have a meeting."

Arguably, Richtofen means a meeting with Samantha, meaning that golden rod must hold some effect over Samantha. Richtofen's grand goal is to stop the zombies, which means stop Samantha. If this golden rod does in fact stop her, we would see no zombies in Call of The Dead.

Also, a little side step, if the golden rod is used farther back in the time-line, than wouldn't that mean the golden rod would never have been under the ice in the first place?

Whoa, where do we know it's from the stars? Is that an assumption since it dropped or confirmed?