Problems w/ Shangri-La Time Period (UPDATED)

Tac

I believe that the timeline between Ascension to Shangri-La is wrong. Perhaps Shangri-La happened before Cotd, but Ascension happened before Cotd as well . . .

What about the clothing of the zombies in Shangri-La, what's with the white t-shirts? Kind of recent/modern don't you think? I don't know, but it wouldn't make sense that the characters (especially Richtofen) would change their appearances just to go back to them again. Plus, as time progressed, they get hurt and grow facial hair (Takeo). Perhaps that person was right about the "BEWARE THE 6". Maybe they got to Kino before . . .

Clothing of the zombies looks kind of pesantish to me, but I don't know the styles of tibet. Takeo actually grew facial hair in kino, before that he didn't though. They don't really seem to have injuries (except the doc's scratch, but I'm not even sure if it is a scratch) the clothes are torn and they do have a lot of blood on them, but the blood can be cleaned. The clothes.. who knows? we have to wait and see. Actually considering it, doesn't it make sense to pack more clothes? There is my take on this, but we have to wait. Their quotes might give us a hint to it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I believe that the timeline between Ascension to Shangri-La is wrong. Perhaps Shangri-La happened before Cotd, but Ascension happened before Cotd as well . . .

What about the clothing of the zombies in Shangri-La, what's with the white t-shirts? Kind of recent/modern don't you think? I don't know, but it wouldn't make sense that the characters (especially Richtofen) would change their appearances just to go back to them again. Plus, as time progressed, they get hurt and grow facial hair (Takeo). Perhaps that person was right about the "BEWARE THE 6". Maybe they got to Kino before . . .

Clothing of the zombies looks kind of pesantish to me, but I don't know the styles of tibet. Takeo actually grew facial hair in kino, before that he didn't though. They don't really seem to have injuries (except the doc's scratch, but I'm not even sure if it is a scratch) the clothes are torn and they do have a lot of blood on them, but the blood can be cleaned. The clothes.. who knows? we have to wait and see. Actually considering it, doesn't it make sense to pack more clothes? There is my take on this, but we have to wait. Their quotes might give us a hint to it.

There is too much evidence both ways, but I'm making a Der Riese timeframe thread if you want to comment on it when its up. But what's next? Do you think it's OK if I say Takeo was in Unit 731? Would that hurt the story even if it's not confirmed?

There is too much evidence both ways, but I'm making a Der Riese timeframe thread if you want to comment on it when its up. But what's next? Do you think it's OK if I say Takeo was in Unit 731? Would that hurt the story even if it's not confirmed?

Well, I wouldn't say he was involved in the experiments, he probably wouldn't think it very honorable, but he could have been a guard or just stationed where the experiments were held. That sort of stuff sounds like something richtofen would do, not takeo.

• Administrators

Well, I wouldn't say he was involved in the experiments, he probably wouldn't think it very honorable, but he could have been a guard or just stationed where the experiments were held. That sort of stuff sounds like something richtofen would do, not takeo.

Ok thanks, cause I found some awesome stuff, about how they covered up the facilities by calling them lumber mills *cough* FLOGGER *cough*

Ok thanks, cause I found some awesome stuff, about how they covered up the facilities by calling them lumber mills *cough* FLOGGER *cough*

Intersesting... after the SNN outbreak it would probably be considered a haunted lumber mill then. Makes sense for richtofen to go there then, to hide from the rest of 935 and maybe the illuminati, as no one would search in a haunted abandoned lumber mill. :lol: Just my little theory.

• Administrators

Intersesting... after the SNN outbreak it would probably be considered a haunted lumber mill then. Makes sense for richtofen to go there then, to hide from the rest of 935 and maybe the illuminati, as no one would search in a haunted abandoned lumber mill. :lol: Just my little theory.

Exactly, I can totally see it. Also, is the DR Eclipse partial or total, if partial the 1946 doesn't work, and it really looks total, but IDK.

• Administrators

Exactly, I can totally see it. Also, is the DR Eclipse partial or total, if partial the 1946 doesn't work, and it really looks total, but IDK.

It looks total, but if that is the closest I'll go with partial.

Sorry if that sounded bad, if partial, July 1946 works, if total then may 1947 works. Just google Der Riese solar eclipse in images and tell me what you truly think, regardless that we want partial.

• Administrators

It looks like a total eclipse to me. I don't think 1947 is the best date, but it's looking like it could be.

Ya, I tried to see if it was lunar eclipse maybe, and it wasn't, but apparently this is classified as partial, so just maybe? Idk

Project Riese Link.

Riese [ˈʁiːzə] (German for "giant") is the code name of the mining and construction project of Nazi Germany, started and unfinished in the Owl Mountains and Książ Castle in 1943-45

July 9, 1945 for the simple reason that in 1943 Der Riese was sercure in the hands of the Germans, in 1945 not so much...

My best guess.

Regards Alpha.

True, but it seems der riese had not fallen until october 1st, 1945 at the earliest, given the CotD radios.

@Tac Yeah, now that you have a closer picture it looks more partial, interesting

• Administrators

Project Riese Link.

Riese [ˈʁiːzə] (German for "giant") is the code name of the mining and construction project of Nazi Germany, started and unfinished in the Owl Mountains and Książ Castle in 1943-45

July 9, 1945 for the simple reason that in 1943 Der Riese was sercure in the hands of the Germans, in 1945 not so much...

My best guess.

Regards Alpha.

But didn't he kill maxis, go to SNN then return? GASP GASP GASP GASP What if he went to Shi No Numa, came back and killed Maxis and fought there?!?!? It fits kinda, except there were no eclipses past July 9 of 1945, so idk.

I'm pretty sure the load screen of Kino explains everything from W@W to Kino. The pictures are that of all the first maps, then the time machine from Der Riese, then the time machine dropping them off in Kino. Thats why your teleporting in the very beginning of Kino. Your being dropped off from Der Riese.

Now from Kino is where they started really messing with the time line. The W@W maps happened in order of appearance. From Kino it's unknown how or why they got to Ascension. These maps won't be figured out until they release the rest of them. But I'm almost possitive that they didn't teleport to Ascension. And I'm willing to bet they didn't teleport to Shangri-La either. Theres another form of transportation that's going to be revealed. This is only my theory so don't get your knickers in a bunch. NOBODY knows for sure...except Treyarch, and sometimes I think they're just wingin it.

Hm. All this time theory hurts my head though.

The only way I know my timeline theory would be right, is if when Shangri-La comes out, there's references to Gersch and/or other events of Ascension.

But that Tank quote from CotD is the thing that's throwing us all off, plus let's not forget, the only person who's fully changing their outfit is Richtofen. Takeo, Tank and Nicholai all have the same outfits on they've always had on, albeit they get torn and such in Ascension.

@Zombicidal - But it's pretty obvious that they teleport out of CotD, but I guess like you said, the only way we could be sure is when the next map comes out.

• Administrators

Honestly, I don't think the world at war map are completely in order, I believe that Verruckt is before NDU since NDU is the second outbreak. As for the quote, if nothing us shown in Shangri-La regarding something about Ascension, I'm gonna say it's a 4th wall comment. There is a bit of evidence between clothing, facial hair, facial injuries, and lack of blood on clothing to support Shangri-La being before Ascension, and only the Gersch quote, even though it's pretty damning. I stick to my theory, but maybe we'll find out more on Tuesday when I expect to release the trailer and inside Xbox video.

I have to think that they would do it in order, it would be too strange to do it any other way.

But Shangri-La is before CoTD so others can be changed too.

This is very unlikely, what about the sounds of animals, or the allusion to "paradise"? It really makes no sense when looking at hard evidence.

• Administrators

I have to think that they would do it in order, it would be too strange to do it any other way.

But Shangri-La is before CoTD so others can be changed too.

This is very unlikely, what about the sounds of animals, or the allusion to "paradise"? It really makes no sense when looking at hard evidence.

Lol what? How does ANY of that judge when it is? Elephant sounds and what illusion? And while it isnt confirmed, they say go to far into the future so it's safe to presume that they went back in time.

Lol what? How does ANY of that judge when it is? Elephant sounds and what illusion? And while it isnt confirmed, they say go to far into the future so it's safe to presume that they went back in time.

It is saying where they are going, that is why they hear elephants. By "too far into the future" Richtofen could also mean that the teleporter fried from taking them too far. BTW, another reason, the loading screen of COTD shows the leaves, pointing to us going further, considering it is the next page after Ascension and COTD.