I think i might have stumbled across something big *updated*

I noticed a picture of what seems to be an 8-point star on the wall when the monkey's come in the trailer.

At first I thought it was the "Star of David", but when I looked it up it didn't look exactly right. Upon more research I came to find out it was called an "8-point star" and has various meanings among cultures. Here's a link...

http://www.moroccoboard.com/features/92 ... point-star

It seems it deals with more Islamic and Moroccan culture than anything, but that doesn't really seem to fit with the setting of Shangri-La or the storyline of zombies at all. Since it's supposed to be somewhere in Asia.

Upon more examination I came across something that seems to say that a symbol with 8 sides has a meaning of chaos, but it doesn't look exactly like the symbol in the video, but does make sense.

http://www.crossroad.to/Books/symbols1.html

Scroll down until you see chaos.

Upon even more research I came across this which I think a lot of you are going to enjoy.

http://www.communityofpeace.net/Britxt/B02archeo.htm

"Ether (=aum) is the point from which all material manifestations originate. The material manifests itself through ether. Through intelligence the immaterial becomes manifest."

Ether and Aether are essentially the same thing, which I know is a huge part of the zombies storyline, although I am still a complete noob to the zombies storyline and haven't even listened to all the radios.

On the site, right about that sentence, it says "According to the Samkhaya-philosophy"

Also referring to this picture...

It looks like an eclipse, but more such on the website, it could have some relation to something called the "Venus Star". Read the part under VENUS, THE EIGHT-POINTED STAR OF THE ESSENES: MOON-SUN. Also Samkhaya is a strong dualist philosophy which fits the moon overlapping the sun.

"Venus is the morning star and the evening star: because it can be observed more clearly and longer than any other star, she could serve as guide, as point of orentation, for the Essenes on their travel through the desert, the first star to be seen when the Moon shines, and the last star to remain visible when the Sun starts shining"

Could this add something to the story line? Tell me what you guys think. Also I'd like to say I got these pictures off jimbob200521's thread.

I'd also like to add this part too “Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether, Spirit, Intelligence and Ego are my 8 separated energies.”

Here's a visual of the symbol in reference to this.

Maybe this is in reference to the wonder weapons? Also, maybe this symbol confirms everyone's theories about Richtofen trying to take do something evil.... Or it could possibly refer to us performing 8 steps to perform a new easter egg. There's too many possibilities. I hope you guys enjoyed this find.

It could refer to the original characters too....

Tank/Nikolai- ego

Takeo- spirit

Richtogen- intelligence

Gersch/Samantha- Ether

The only elemental gun that would fit that would be the Thundergun. The flamethrower could be used for fire, but where does that leave Earth and water?

One more thing I'd like to add about the 8 energies. I found this.

http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/gita/chapter7.html

At one point Lord Krishna says this.

"Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and certainly false ego thus together are My eight separated energies. (5) Try to understand that besides these lower ones there is another energy that is the superior of Me as the soul of the living entities, o mighty armed one, which is sustaining this material world."

Could Richtofen be trying to attain this superior energy?

Thanks to LiamFTWinter he found another picture of this symbol!

There's no doubt in my mind that this symbol has a big significance to this map and the storyline, but in what context? We'll have to wait until tuesday to find that out.

Another note, the giant skull in the center can be a reference to doom and/or chaos. I hope there's more to come!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... [brains] to you sir. The more maps that come out, the more I'm getting a picture of what Treyarch (more Jimmy Zalinski) is trying to get across to us.

I think we're going to see this story get really mythological from here on out. "The Morning Star" is a referance to Lucifer the son of the morning. The illuminated. The Devil. Perhaps he'll (hell lol) make an appearance...somebodys gotta be controlling everything.

I think the nazi's were trying to communicate with spirits and all that jazz in the 30's. Ever see the movie Hell Boy? Hollywood makes movies based on facts and throws in a bunch of bullshit to make the storys seem like fiction when in fact, they are true. Not true to the core, but BASED on truths. We'll see I guess.

Just wanted to add this picture in as well...

It seems like there's a lot of religious influences on this map, if my theory is correct. I hope when the map comes out that some of the things I have found are actually incorporated into the map and/or storyline. It seems like it could be a strong possibility.

What kind of racist bastard are you!? :shock:

I don't think he's being racist fella, he's just pointing out that his Moroccan theory is backed up by the different type of Zombies in this map and their dress.

Good find in my opinion.

[brains]

I don't think he's being racist fella, he's just pointing out that his Moroccan theory is backed up by the different type of Zombies in this map and their dress.

Good find in my opinion.

[brains]

Thanks for understanding my point. Maybe he's the racist himself for interpreting it that way. [brains]

Now that the new map has come out, it seems like my theories could more than be a possibility. There's Moroccan influences look at this new boss type man....

and then look at this...

Any similarities?

That star is something that did not come to my attention before, yet even when your close to the truth your yet so far away(In my eyes)

That symbol is a very known symbol.

A symbol created from the star of david. The star of david can be pronounced as the the symbol of judaisme. The star of david was some more as a shield meaning to protect.

Yet islam took this symbol and made it an 8 point star.

This represents a prophecy. Since the temple and dragons and statues etc show myth etc it might be that the characters discover some sort of prophecy or something like that. In my eyes its all myth after all.

Anyways the other meaning of the symbol is about sun and moon including directions. Basically navigation, sunsets and sunrises.

It might be true that the 8 pointed star chaos has 8 points, yet it would have a really different form and meaning. The 8 pointed star we are looking at is not chaos at all. It would be creation, prophecy and perhaps protection.

The reason I said Creation is the following: or actually The symbol of peace is the following.

The symbol has indeed 8 points but also an print on the star. It also has multiple layers.

Spiritual, Creation, Incarnation, Salvation.

These layers need 8 certain elements to be created, the sentence you said before.

“Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether, Spirit, Intelligence and Ego are my 8 separated energies.”

Eart, Water, Fire and Air are all elements needed to creat. Spirit is an essential part meaning everything has a soul in name. Ether is the origin and intelligence is more the creation from human part. The ego would be the selfish right that human have for creating things.

If you think its the venus morning star symbol then you are talking about doom. Venus became unhabbited trough incidents in ancient words. There are still people talking about it happening to Earth as well......

I think the following: I think its a prophecy. Spiritual, Creation, Incarnation, Salvation.

Spiritual are the main characters, they are created(Actually it has to be they should create lol) they have to somehow reborn and bring salvation.

I do not believe there is really much behind it since its a myth map. There will be plenty on it.

Where did you get the information that the Star of David came before or was influenced to make the 8 point star? I'm pretty sure the 8 point star came way before the star of david.

Also, if the venus star represents doom, why wouldn't it be a fitting theme for the map? Doom could represent the 4 characters, or richtofen's plans are going to be doomed or maybe doom for the zombies. It could so many different possibilities.

Also I never said that the star meant that there would be chaos or anything like that. I was just telling you the steps I went to end up where I was. Just because there's one single part to what I have found, doesn't mean that the whole map or whole storyline is going to be centered around doom or chaos either.

I respect your opinion and I know it's easy to mistake the symbols, but I think you're off with the star of david part. And can you say I'm so far off if you're taking from things I say and using them for parts of your theory?

Where did you get the information that the Star of David came before the 8 point star? I'm pretty sure the 8 point star came way before the star of david.

Well if the 8 point star was introduced by Islam then it obviously came after Judaism which is the basis of Christianity and Islam.

Where did you get the information that the Star of David came before the 8 point star? I'm pretty sure the 8 point star came way before the star of david.

Well if the 8 point star was introduced by Islam then it obviously came after Judaism which is the basis of Christianity and Islam.

It wasn't introduced in islam.

"The eight-point star was used as a symbol long before the rise of Islam.

An Italian nobleman named Pietro della Valle discovered the use of an eight-point star as a seal in the ruins of the ancient city of Ur (~2000BC)"

Regarding the star of david

"The hexagram does appear occasionally in Jewish contexts since antiquity, apparently as a decorative motif. For example, in Israel, there is a stone bearing a hexagram from the arch of a 3–4th century synagogue in the Galilee."

Well basically you can check the older mythes.

I basically checked the 2 I know about.

The symbol islam used is one of the most recent and known. The prophecy. If you check to others you can find the circle of time having the same symbol. And you can even find the venus morning star having the same symbol.

Islam got the basic of the 8 star from the jews which used the 6 star.

The jews used it as the shield of david. Some kind of protection.

However if it would be the case of it simply being the end of the world then the symbol would not mean a lot in my eyes. Perhaps saying they saw the zombies happening before it happened. But I believe there would be a prophecy if it has any intent towards the story line. Otherwise it would be simply decoration.

Btw Symbols were in the old times used as words and means. Even the 6 star has further means behind it. The 8 star as well. But I do not think they want us to watch that far back.

They used lines as layers and figures and thus builded symbols in the end.

Well basically you can check the older mythes.

I basically checked the 2 I know about.

The symbol islam used is one of the most recent and known. The prophecy. If you check to others you can find the circle of time having the same symbol. And you can even find the venus morning star having the same symbol.

Islam got the basic of the 8 star from the jews which used the 6 star.

The jews used it as the shield of david. Some kind of protection.

However if it would be the case of it simply being the end of the world then the symbol would not mean a lot in my eyes. Perhaps saying they saw the zombies happening before it happened. But I believe there would be a prophecy if it has any intent towards the story line. Otherwise it would be simply decoration.

Btw Symbols were in the old times used as words and means. Even the 6 star has further means behind it. The 8 star as well. But I do not think they want us to watch that far back.

They used lines as layers and figures and thus builded symbols in the end.

I never said my theory was based on islam either, though. I'm just saying that's where it brought me when I first started looking. I even said that Morocco didn't fit the setting of shangri-la. If you actually read any of the websites I posted, you'd see that my influences are from Samkhaya philosophy from Hinduism. That's where it deals with the 8 points of essenes and all that stuff that we both agree on. I never said any of my ideas were set in stone and I eventually came up with the same conclusions you're saying anyways. I don't understand how you'd say I'm far off. I think you're taking everything I'm saying too literal and not understanding my conclusions.

The reason I thought you were far off was because you were literally trying to use weapons as the ellements. Which I think would be impossible for treyarch to put in there. I think they would not even put the seven sins in there which would be easier.

And if you look to it another way your looking at it more to the doomed side in my eyes.

I checked more the prophecy, life and time meaning of it.

In the end its like you said there are to many conclusions. I was just trying to give my own opinion on the case. It was not my intention to crack your opinion down. If it felt that way then I apologize.

The reason I thought you were far off was because you were literally trying to use weapons as the ellements. Which I think would be impossible for treyarch to put in there. I think they would not even put the seven sins in there which would be easier.

And if you look to it another way your looking at it more to the doomed side in my eyes.

I checked more the prophecy, life and time meaning of it.

In the end its like you said there are to many conclusions. I was just trying to give my own opinion on the case. It was not my intention to crack your opinion down. If it felt that way then I apologize.

I see now, I don't think it would be impossible for treyarch to do that, though. They have a new gun that turns zombies into babies/midgets for christ sake! But I do understand what you're trying to say now. I might have been coming off as a little defensive, but that's how I am. I was looking at the 8 different energies from a literal point of view, whereas you were looking at them from a more metaphorical point of view. Neither of us are right or wrong at this point. I just hope at least some of the information I found has some part to do with the storyline or map. It'd be awesome to predict something like this before it even happens.

You found the symbol, it should be an achievment for you already.

As well as the gun that is called babymaker, it is not yet confirmed that that is its only purpose.

To much things are unknown and to much ideas are rolling around.

It might as well become both literal and metaphore.

Sometimes the same thing has more then one meaning.

Though seeing the eclipse and hearing of people that it has something to do with time and that zombies dash faster because of it I just hope that the circle of time where the symbol also stands for can solve it might it be the case. And a prophecy or hint for a next map is what many people want.

But at the literal part if you were to select the wonder weapons.

Ray gun - Earth

Thunder gun - Air

Wunder waffle - Spiritual

Winter howl - Water

Scavenger - Fire

VR-11 - Intelligence

New Wonder weapon - ether

Monkey bombs - ego

Gersch device - ego

Dolls - ego

Would you be able to combine the 8 parts with the the wonder weapons?

I was just wonder how your idea is about this part. Or perhaps even using other weapons.

I would clearly have no clue if I were trying to combine that.

I wonder if the names of the wonder weapons actually have any part of interest to anything at all....

You found the symbol, it should be an achievment for you already.

As well as the gun that is called babymaker, it is not yet confirmed that that is its only purpose.

To much things are unknown and to much ideas are rolling around.

It might as well become both literal and metaphore.

Sometimes the same thing has more then one meaning.

Though seeing the eclipse and hearing of people that it has something to do with time and that zombies dash faster because of it I just hope that the circle of time where the symbol also stands for can solve it might it be the case. And a prophecy or hint for a next map is what many people want.

But at the literal part if you were to select the wonder weapons.

Ray gun - Earth

Thunder gun - Air

Wunder waffle - Spiritual

Winter howl - Water

Scavenger - Fire

VR-11 - Intelligence

New Wonder weapon - ether

Monkey bombs - ego

Gersch device - ego

Dolls - ego

Would you be able to combine the 8 parts with the the wonder weapons?

I was just wonder how your idea is about this part. Or perhaps even using other weapons.

I would clearly have no clue if I were trying to combine that.

I wonder if the names of the wonder weapons actually have any part of interest to anything at all....

Yeah, it just stuck out to me for some reason the first time I saw the trailer. My initial reaction was that it was the Star of David and I wanted to post, but I searched for a picture of it and it didn't come up looking like the symbol in the trailer, which brought me to where we are now.

But what about you're saying with the 8 essences and the weapons, I wasn't referring to all 8 as being an individual weapon. I was referring to the original characters in conjunction with the weapons.

The characters could be these parts

Tank/Nikolai- ego

Takeo- spirit

Richtogen- intelligence

Gersch/Samantha- Ether

And the 4 elements could be the weapons that you posted. I was thinking maybe there's a little easter egg in itself, similar to COTD, where you do a bunch of different steps and then something happens, maybe in relation to Richtofen. People are hypothesizing he's using the golden rod in order to do something BIG, possibly take over the world or release samantha. So I'm thinking maybe he uncovered some ancient religious artifacts and it says he needs these 8 different energies in order to complete this task to rule the world.

But if you are currently saying the truth it would mean this might be the last map with the main characters.

If it were to happen then he actually sacrifices the other three and defeat samantha perhaps. leaving maxis behind as a question.

Even if that does sound interesting I do believe we get to hear the story of how takeo and nikolai became subjects first.

Thus it might be a middle map or it might be indeed doom >.>

Although for some reason I find it hard that they would go this far and consider real persons energies. Although richtofen planned it to go to CotD and get the golden rod, although being trapped was not in his plans.

Richtofen works for illuminati, perhaps that will give a little more information on the matter...