Shangri-La Easter Egg Song?

MDZA

I wanna hear your Ideas for the Easter Egg song on Shangri-La!

These are songs I wish Treyarch will see, all they wanna do is make me wanna kill some ZOMBZ...!!!!

Evil Dead- Annihilation Of Civilization

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pUQIuHj ... re=related

Hangar 18- Megadeth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXpjtWZn ... re=related

I Am Immortal- Mortal Sin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf2I1HD7dKM

Panic- Holy Moses (Move over Elena...Another badass Girl Singer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0VazrvTsfw

THE ULTIMATE ZOMBIE SONG

DEATH-ZOMBIE RITUAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcZQYhYQrdM

(R.I.P. Chuck)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, its obvious they work with Treyarch, it would be too much work to get the copywright, and that other technical BS, I just really didnt like how Avenged Sevenfold got in there, if people think thats metal they are as lost as the cast in Call of the Dead LOL. Haha

Hahaha Kashmir would be insane, but the game would have to go slow mo in order to be paced correctly...Hahaha

And yeah its probably a song related to the iTunes album.

And primus is chill, it just gives me more of like a south park feeling, not zombies Lol

Yeah, its obvious they work with Treyarch, it would be too much work to get the copywright, and that other technical BS, I just really didnt like how Avenged Sevenfold got in there, if people think thats metal they are as lost as the cast in Call of the Dead LOL. Haha

A7X did a great job with the CotD song, Eminem was in FIVE, didn't see anyone complaining about that in FIVE. Even though it was the exact opposite of every other zombies song.

A7X did a great job with the CotD song, Eminem was in FIVE, didn't see anyone complaining about that in FIVE. Even though it was the exact opposite of every other zombies song.

Yeah I see what you mean, but Elena and Kevin make some beautiful tracks for Zombies, to me Avenged Sevenfold is a wannabe Metal band, if you want some real fast and aggressive metal just listen to the songs I posted. I like all types of music, in their golden form.

It's gonna be a song by Elena and Kevin. If the next map they come out is another one of those "off the radar" types of maps like CotD or Five, then maybe they'll bring in someone else.

Plus, if I remember correctly, Matt from A7X is a huge CoD fan and one of the heads of Treyarch is an A7X fan, and they had the whole Machinima trailer with their song Welcome to the Family on it before Black Ops launched, so that's more than likely how that came about.

Plus, if memory serves, A7X wasn't the only band on CotD, even though 45 Grave didn't have an easter egg song on the map either.

Yeah its almost forsure, every map with the Takeo, Tank, Richtofen, and Nikolai has a song by Elena and Kevin. Five and CotD are maps with other characters....

But besides the fact, I just don't think Avenged sevenfold is great, they have a lot of fans, I just wanted to give some other suggestions to what they could use as an alternative, because I want some old school death or thrash metal in there, it would be insane.

Ehhh, it's a smarter business decision in the end to go with A7X. Sure, hardcore music fans want some crazy thrashy old school metal track, but what happens when the masses playing said game come across said song and don't know what the hell they're listening to?

They either stop playing the song and don't recommend the map to their friends, which would be a negative effect, or they'll go try and do tons of research to find out who it is, which is a positive effect.

But in hindsight, most people won't know what they're listening to and probably wouldn't care for it unless they're into that kind of music. Plus, if you're on the 360 like me, you can just take a song off a CD and put it on your hard drive, play it whenever you want.

So, make the easter egg song done by a band that lots of people know, and more people are gonna flock to your map. Simple as that.

Not to mention, this song was actually a huge deal for A7X themselves. This was the first non-album original track they've recorded with their new drummer, so there was some pressure on that front. Hate A7X or not, they did a fantastic job with Not Ready to Die IMO. Even my friends online, whom none of which are A7X fans, all like the song alot when it's played at the right times.

Hahaha well I said "THRASH" a sub-genre of metal, now when I first heard 115 I had no fucking clue what I was listening to, and I believe I was playing Kino for Zombies in the first place, so I believe a smart business decision would be to make a good map in contrast of Ascension and Call of the Dead IMO two good maps, now your friends obviously don't have a huge metal background because that sound made me realize how bad of a band avenged sevenfold is, their lyrics have no correlation to anything real. Just pure rage made for white kids to "mosh" to, I think thrash metal incorporates rage and anger with real life situations. (I.E. Wars, Political events, and the current state of the world) and I do have plenty of music in my hard drive I just believe it would be a cool thing to do. To have an undiscovered band, while still having the same feel the other Easter Egg songs have had. I mean no offense but are you that much of a tool to support them selling out just to make money? If you were to buy Black Ops on June 28th 2011, without an Xbox, you would be spending atleast $120 on the game and the MP's. Thats pretty ridiculous, and plus people flock to the Game mode of Zombies to have fun, not to listen to music. So advertising a band that you like shouldnt be the first of your worries if youre a developer. I mean WTF else would you want than a song called ZOMBIE RITUAL. It says ZOMBIE hahahaha. And Evil Dead? I mean the songs I posted scream relevance when talking about Zombies, and they were made waaaaay before Zombies was even an Idea as a gametype, and please, make sure youre using the correct spelling, I love THRASH METAL, and its far from Trashy.

Wow...all that screamed to me was that you're a music elitist, and 99% of those kinds of people are generally A-Holes when it comes to music.

I've got a best friend who lives close to me, isn't a metal head at all, and hated A7X as much as the next guy. But, I took him to one of A7X's more recent shows, and he said he actually enjoyed listening to A7X live.

But, after your "BLAH BLAH SELL OUT BLAH BLAH BLAH TRASH METAL BLAH BLAH" response i'm not gonna bother responding anymore, seeing as everything I say now's gonna be taken as me "being a tool to support them selling out", which is a stupid enough term as is.

Oh and if A7X sucks so badly, then why'd they clean house at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards just recently for all the work they did on Nightmare?

Just sayin'.

Hahaha thats not what Im saying at all, and me calling you a tool was appropriate because you were arguing from a business perspective, Im saying that people should discover some good music that has never been heard in the mainstream, and honestly I dont know what youre talking about but, some groups do things to fulfill a labels wishes, in order to both make the band and the label money. Thats the definition of selling out...Theres a reason why you havent heard of any of the mentioned bands because you probably discovered watered down metal before the golden age stuff, and its ok it happens to the best of us, I also love hip hop! but I dont fuckin expect them to put the new jay z track on Zombies so everybody buys the Map pack, I dont listen to that shit, its misleading and has no purpose, same way I feel about new metal its not worth the energy or the money. At the end of the day I believe theres good music and bad music, no inbetween, just so u dont get confused heres a couple of examples, I can't listen to Death and all of sudden go to Avenged Sevenfold, you can tell on contact its garbage, or maybe this I cant go from Wu Tang, to Lil Wayne, you notice the bullshit in music, its music for the masses, theres reasons they are abused on the radio and on the TV.

Oi.

At the same time, your views on "good" music and "bad" music are opinions, not facts.

And actually, I'm a huge Megadeth fan and have heard of the bands you mentioned. I'm just not picky when it comes to my music. I go by the saying "If it feels good, do it". If I like a song i'm listening to, i'll go buy it, or if I like a band i'm seeing on TV, i'll go find their music and more than likely buy it.

I've got a little bit of everything in my iTunes Library, from the "watered down" metal you'd describe as A7X, to Marylin Manson, to Judas Priest, to Paramore, to The Misfits, to Danzig, to Adolescents, to Thrashball, to Straight Line Stitch, to Pantera, to John Mayer to Johnny Cash to Motley effing Crue, but I don't go accusing people of listening to "bad music" when they bring up a band I don't like. hell, I even have songs on my iPod from bands I don't like that make good songs, like Fall Out Boy. Hate most of their stuff, but I dug their version of Beat It, for example.

And go ahead and call me a "tool" for speaking from a business standpoint, but when it comes to companies, no matter what they make, it's their job to appeal to people who buy/are fans of whatever they make, correct? So why single out people that normally flock to their items?

Oh, and since when did any of the songs in the zombie maps "relate to anything real"? Music doesn't HAVE to relate to someTHING real, music's ment to create an emotion. Every musician knows this. But the songs in the zombie maps, minus Five since there's no major significance to the zombie story, all relate to our story, even Not Ready to Die.

lol to the post above me, but seriously, just stop trash talking bands and what kind of music people listen to. I'm an A7x fan, and I love that they did the song, and I believe there are also a lot of other bands that could have done the song and I would be happy, but A7x did the song. Just stop trashing the different music and bands people enjoy just because you don't enjoy them, people have their own opinions

lol to the post above me, but seriously, just stop trash talking bands and what kind of music people listen to. I'm an A7x fan, and I love that they did the song, and I believe there are also a lot of other bands that could have done the song and I would be happy, but A7x did the song. Just stop trashing the different music and bands people enjoy just because you don't enjoy them, people have their own opinions

WINNING with this statement right here! Music is one of the stupidest things to debate over. People hear music differently about as much as people taste food differently if you know what I mean. You shouldn't insult someone's taste in music just because it's unlike your own.

I quote a great movie SLC Punk - "IT'S MUSIC!! I dont know who started it, and I don't give a shit!"

Don't get caught up in the details an politics and just enjoy the music.

SIGH. i hate people like MDZA. they trash someones taste in music saying its "watered down" or "doesnt have a meaning" or any other BS they come up with. Who the hell died and made you "king of making everyones musical decisions"? jesus, if they like A7X, or freakin Fall Out Boy, what is it to you? Thats their opinion and they have that, just like you have the opinion that it sucks. you dont have to make it personal and bash them for it.

/rant

OH and BTW its most likely gonna be Elena.