Thoughts on what Monkeys ACTUALLY do

Tac

A lot of people have been making a fuss about these monkeys so I thought I share my thoughts. First off, stop comparing them to Ascension monkeys or the Cosmic Silverback, that's just ridiculous and they look nothing alike.

Next, I believe that when you kill the monkeys, whatever perk it was on when killed will be dropped. So that people can't exploit max ammos I think that the more damage he takes, the faster the perks will rotate through their cycle. As for when they appear, I don't think it will be a "Every 5 rounds" kind of thong like with hellhounds, I think it'll be every 1-2 rounds.

Feel free to comment with your thoughts!

They nevr stop throwing their s***e

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this for?

Next map?

Anybody link me to that video?

You obviously haven't been here in a bit lol.

And I think that they'll be a regualr enemy, and that's the only times that power ups come out. I feel that's a cool idea horribly implemented, because treyarch always has a downside, but that downside is always too much.

What is this for?

You obviously haven't been here in a bit lol.

4 words...

Mid Year Exams Bro!

:D

That map pack looks pretty crappy :|

Zombies doesn't look Good or Bad, BUT...

looks like they've put in alot more interactive escape objects (like the carts, slides, ziplines, etc).

That's pretty good, everybody loves them

:)

Im pretty sure these monkeys will be random, like the Dogs on Der Riese, they appear in the later rounds, because if you see, the dead monkey in the vid has a green Carpenter power up over it, while the one running is in red and still in transition, and the only reason I believe they will be random is because if you get 10+ monkeys in a special round, youre gonna get 10+ power ups, and I know treyarch wouldnt have made it that easy...

Im pretty sure these monkeys will be random, like the Dogs on Der Riese, they appear in the later rounds, because if you see, the dead monkey in the vid has a green Carpenter power up over it, while the one running is in red and still in transition, and the only reason I believe they will be random is because if you get 10+ monkeys in a special round, youre gonna get 10+ power ups, and I know treyarch wouldnt have made it that easy...

I agree to this statement.

Monkey's are known for stealing things off people in the wild such as sunglasses, hats, etc.

It makes sense to me that they appear when power ups drop. If it's a MAX AMMO you probably want to grab it ASAP but if it's a carpenter you may want the monkey to steal it because it looks like while the monkey has the perk it changes randomly. Killing the monkey will yield the drop above his head and not killing the monkey will cause the monkey to steal the drop entirely.

... if you get 10+ monkeys in a special round, youre gonna get 10+ power ups, and I know treyarch wouldnt have made it that easy...

That's some good logic there; I like you're thinking. [brains] s for that part.

I'll be very frustrated if these guys steal power-ups mid round and we have to chase them AND fend off the zombies. Stealing seems logical, however, because that gives them more of a purpose instead of just running around the map with power-ups on their backs. Someone said earlier that monkeys are known for their kleptomania, so that also makes sense to me.

I'm all for creative alterations to the zombie formula, though, despite the frustrations. Just a few more days!