Thoughts on what Monkeys ACTUALLY do

Tac

• Administrators

A lot of people have been making a fuss about these monkeys so I thought I share my thoughts. First off, stop comparing them to Ascension monkeys or the Cosmic Silverback, that's just ridiculous and they look nothing alike.

Next, I believe that when you kill the monkeys, whatever perk it was on when killed will be dropped. So that people can't exploit max ammos I think that the more damage he takes, the faster the perks will rotate through their cycle. As for when they appear, I don't think it will be a "Every 5 rounds" kind of thong like with hellhounds, I think it'll be every 1-2 rounds.

Feel free to comment with your thoughts!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I don't think they'll be a round.. they will probably just come out when a powerup appears.

That's very possible, what if it's just at random?

Exactly my point! In the video the monkey picks up the powerup first, so there must be something to drop it!

In my opinion they just run with them, but maybe they do take than and change them? I like that idea actually.

• Administrators

In my opinion they just run with them, but maybe they do take than and change them? I like that idea actually.

If you check at the very first seconds in which they show the running monkey in the video, I'm pretty sure it grabs it, like it goes from green to red. Go see for your self.

I'm checking now

*edit* looking at it, it seemed to be red the whole time

I saw the comment on how it was green then the monkey picked it up and it turned red, but I just looked at it and I'm pretty sure it was red the whole time. I think the monkeys will either act like Hardline Pro and pick up powerups and whichever you kill them on drops, or they just come in and drop the powerup you kill them on.

I could have swore that the Nuke was green. We'll just have to wait and see.

You are correct. The Nuke was green, then turned to a red carpenter. But also not that in the background, there is a dead monkey with a red carpenter above it as well. Someone mentioned that whenever a zombie drops a power up, a monkey will grab it. Dear god I hope not, as that would be a pain in the ass!!

I watched it again in 50% speed and I paused it at the exact moment the monkey shows up and you can see on top of the nuke there is some red portraying out of it on the top, but no green.

Touche, my friend! Alright, new theory: There are two monkeys in that screenshot, one dead and one alive. The nuke is clearly red the whole time, changing to a red carpenter before the monkey jumps out of scene. Green = dead monkey whose perk is no longer changing. Red = live monkey who's perk is still changing. Hmm...why does it feel like I just stated something everyone else already knew? :lol:

I watched it again in 50% speed and I paused it at the exact moment the monkey shows up and you can see on top of the nuke there is some red portraying out of it on the top, but no green.

Touche, my friend! Alright, new theory: There are two monkeys in that screenshot, one dead and one alive. The nuke is clearly red the whole time, changing to a red carpenter before the monkey jumps out of scene. Green = dead monkey whose perk is no longer changing. Red = live monkey who's perk is still changing. Hmm...why does it feel like I just stated something everyone else already knew? :lol:

Yes, I got the proof it was red the whole time which is why I should get [brains], right? :lol: Yeah but srsly [brains] for me correct? :twisted: I keed, I keed :D

Yes, I got the proof it was red the whole time which is why I should get [brains], right? :lol: Yeah but srsly [brains] for me correct? :twisted: I keed, I keed :D

That's about the easiest way to not get brains is to ask for them!!! Will I'm kinda kidding too buddy, I'll brains you for that find and for checking it out in detail. But in the future, don't ask for rep. You'll get what's coming to you if you keep making good posts.

That's about the easiest way to not get brains is to ask for them!!! Will I'm kinda kidding too buddy, I'll brains you for that find and for checking it out in detail. But in the future, don't ask for rep. You'll get what's coming to you if you keep making good posts.

Thats why I said I keed (I'm kidding) is because I wasn't really asking for them, I was just messing around but thanks for the [brains] I'll return the favor.

Maybe there are no actual drops during rounds except for the every 2-5 rounds that the monkeys come out.

Wait stupid idea, what would be the point of even having them except max ammo or carpenter.

HAHAHA Dude you just had me rolling!! You quoted yourself and commented on how stupid your own post was. Had me cracking up!! I'll be brainsing you tomorrow just for that man! Funniest thing I've seen on here I swear! Gotta like someone who doesn't take themselves so seriously.

A little back on topic. Thanks ShangriLa for checking it out! I thought that Monkey in the video did steal the power-up, but after you slowed it down and paused it, you can see it was red to begin with. That's why I brainsed you, you took the time to check it out and post clear evidence. You're going to fit in very well around here my friend! Sorry if I sounded like an ass, I was just giving you a heads up on the whole brains thing. Just keep making good posts like your making and you wont have to ask for em, you'll just get em.

thank you for this pic, so this kinda confirms that when you kill the monkey it drops the normal, green drop, as well as your point

thank you for this pic, so this kinda confirms that when you kill the monkey it drops the normal, green drop, as well as your point

No problem, I'm just trying to enforce/debunk anything I can to make theories better. This happened to be something people were debating about so I got the proof ;).