What are these new "species" Treyarch says?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibilities:

*Yetis that were seen in the later rounds of Dead Ops Arcade. Shangri-La is in the Himalayas after all.

*Cosmic Silverback as a boss.

*The monkeys you mentioned are different from the space monkeys because they steal power-ups, and appear to be a different species of monkey, so these may be the "new species".

I'm betting on the new species of Monkey, and will kick every member of Treyarch in the nutsack if it winds up being the Cosmic Silverback :evil:

The monkeys in Ascension look like very simple monkeys, something you'd find in a zoo, but for the life of me I can't put a finger on the species name.

The monkeys in Shangri-La look like vicious little Baboons. Well, bigger than the monkeys from Ascension anyway.

From the gameplay, they totally look like monkies. However, in that shot with the eclipse at night, that creature looks more like some sort of evil little pygmy type creature. It totally reminds me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

They are still monkies, they are just more natural zombie ones though (more natural as in they were not stolen to use for space tests, so they look more "jungle-like")

I'm sorry but these are not monkeys, they are Baboons, if you look and research they have an identical stature and movement style to a baboon, also they have bigger faces/front body and as the body goes further down it gets thinner. So these are probably the new "species" Treyarch are talking about, and to be honest i'm quite dissapointed if it really is just Baboons

Note: they are zombified so facially they may look slightly different

I'm sorry but these are not monkeys, they are Baboons, if you look and research they have an identical stature and movement style to a baboon, also they have bigger faces/front body and as the body goes further down it gets thinner. So these are probably the new "species" Treyarch are talking about, and to be honest i'm quite dissapointed if it really is just Baboons

Let's take a look.

First Cosmonaut Space Monkey, Rhesus Monkey(what 3arc based the monkeys in Ascension on):

Langur Monkey, the endangered monkey found in the Himalayas, or where this particular Shangri La takes place:

Baboon:

Compare those to the pics in this thread. Looks more like a zombified Langur, I can't see how it's a baboon, definitely a different type though. Does have similarity's to the Cosmonauts as well. Maybe baboons and Rhesus? Although Rhesus are found in Africa, this is in China.

Let's take a look.

First Cosmonaut Space Monkey, Rhesus Monkey(what 3arc based the monkeys in Ascension on):

Langur Monkey, the endangered monkey found in the Himalayas, or where this particular Shangri La takes place:

Baboon:

Compare those to the pics in this thread. Looks more like a zombified Langur, I can't see how it's a baboon, definitely a different type though. Does have similarity's to the Cosmonauts as well. Maybe baboons and Rhesus? Although Rhesus are found in Africa, this is in China.

Man, you really know your monkies. Keep preaching Ape Man!

And they almost look like a cross between a Rhesus and a Baboon.

• Administrators

I have not read anything by 3arc regarding new species, someone link me?

Ditto. It says they said it on the Wiki as well, but no link is provided there either.

Ya... cuz they didn't. They haven't spoken a word about "new species", not in the trailer, the release, nothing.

Extreme close up.

These things have almost human like faces...

Cannibal pygmy from the Mummy series...

Could they possibly be the same?

Regards Alpha.

It looks almost like the monkeys are wearing masks of some sort.

This is actual mask from Himalaya!