Shangri-La timeline

TFG Dubz

as ive done a far few timelines for the various maps, and even done a huge complete timeline, figured id do one for this aswell, although it precedes directly after COTD, i believe its also coming to the end of Zombies as we know it (well the current story arc anyway(, i will shed some light to things of what im starting to see happening and what i believe to be true

Time Set

Precedes directly after Call of the dead but set before 21st of December 2012 (theres a reason why im this specific)

now i know there seems to be 2 different light settings on this map which could indicate that night time could be when PaP appears but i also believe its there for another reason, and why there was a mayan 52 year calendar in Call of the Dead

Why

Mayans (along with other cultures) believe (or believed) that the world would come to an end on december 21st during the planetary alignment, aka Doomsday or Day of enlightenment. (if you look at the above picture you will understand)

The reason why we are here is simple, Richtofen needs something from here, this is the whole reason richtofen has lead the team to each map, what does he need? the Vril machine? the secret mayan Spacecraft pictured below

once we know exactly what richtofen needed from each location, we can deduce where he will take the team next

Shi No Numa - Meteorite piece? / Co-ordinates to Tunguska and Area 51?

Der Riese - Wunderwaffe DG-2? / Teleporter Technology? / info on the Boards?

Kino Der Toten - Thunder gun? / Difference Engine?

Ascension - Gersh device? / casimir mechanism?

Call of the Dead - Vril Generator

what is he building and for what reason?

As richtofen already knows how to time travel himself (he did it and travelled forward in time to COTD) than we know it cant be a time machine persay, maybe its an ultimate teleporter but i doubt it, look at the spacesuit in Ascension and read below

i believe its a spacecraft, maybe he thinks the world is coming to an end, Dead rising from the grave, biblical text etc, maybe he wants off the planet? maybe he wants to travel to the source of Element 115? possibly, but i do believe we will get those answers in this map

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we do have to look at what Richtofen wants in each map.

Nacht Der Untoten: Not important to Richtofen's story.

Verruckt: Same as above.

Shi No Numa: Shi No Numa is where they have large amounts of 115 and that meteorite.

Isn't this also where the Raygun was developed?

Der Riese: 3 reasons.

1. Wunderwaffe

2. Die Glocke

3. Teleporters

Kino Der Toten: Simply because Richtofen wanted to learn more about Time Travel and MKUltra Mind Control experiments

if you know what I mean.

Five: Again. Irrelevant.

Ascension: 4 Reasons.

1. Gersch Device for Time/Space Travel through the Aether.

2. Chasimir Mechanism (What for? Im uncertain)

3. To free Gersch himself. (Why? Again, I can't be certain, however, I believe its because he wants to learn how to stabilize the Gersch Device)

4. Ill talk about this point later.

Call of the Dead: Vril Generator.

Shangri-La: I believe Richtofen is here to learn more about the Vril Society. Perhaps he needs another artifact to complete his machine,

but I think it's more for knowledge sake.

So if I had to put the maps in an order, it would go:

NDU > Verruckt > SNN > Der Riese > Call of the Dead > Shangri-La > Kino Der Toten > MISSING MAP > Ascension.

Why is Ascension last you ask? The Gersch Device is supposed to have access to the Aether. Richtofen comes here to find Gersch and go through the Gersch device to fight Sam. This explains his space suit. It's not a Space Suit, rather an "isolation suit" if you will, to protect him from the harshness of the Aether.

So what is the missing map? I think it is actually an Area 51 map. inb4 "ZOMG THERE WILL NEVER BE ALIENS NOOB!". Area 51 isn't only famous for it's interest in Aliens, it's also famous for being involved with almost ANYTHING supernatural. It would only be Logical for them to have Element 115 stored there. This would also explain where Richtofen gets his Space Suit and How the crew learns about Gersch.

I do realize my post is probably wrong, but I'm on Vacation in NY right now, and it's raining out, so I just wanted to find something to do. Im basically just thinking out loud. Thanks for reading all of this if you did xD

Don't forget about Richtofen's background guys...

He was once Dr. Maxis' "student" and don't forget the shadowy "Illuminati" and Group 935.

Is he still working for them?

Is he working for himself or for someone?

Is Samantha Richtofen's enemy?

What would Richtofen do if he were to be where Gersch and Samantha are in Aether?

Lots of questions still....

We need a Zombies movie when this is all over, but then again I hope it never ends :mrgreen:

• Administrators

Don't forget about Richtofen's background guys...

He was once Dr. Maxis' "student" and don't forget the shadowy "Illuminati" and Group 935.

Is he still working for them?

Is he working for himself or for someone?

Is Samantha Richtofen's enemy?

What would Richtofen do if he were to be where Gersch and Samantha are in Aether?

Lots of questions still....

We need a Zombies movie when this is all over, but then again I hope it never ends :mrgreen:

How do we know he was a student? It never says, only that he was an assistant

@ swissGrizzv (first of all great post, thanks for your input :D

i agree completely, as NDU, Verruckt and Five didnt actually feature the furious four, they are fillers imo

but, kino is very important imo, this was the turning point for Richtofen as he then found out Time travel is possible and that started off his hunt for what i believe to be a self built space craft, but not just any kind of space craft, one that can travel not just through space, but time itself and possibly even flow freely through the Aether itself, looking back at the other maps il say why i think this

Shi No Numa

i believe this was only needed for the co-ordinates to Area 51, it was this that got Richtofen thinking imo

Der Riese

here is where Richtofen created the WW-DG2 and worked on teleporters, but more than that, this is where he got the ideas of a spacecraft, if you look at the boards in Der Riese, there is pictures of the Vril mk 7 "Spacecraft" along with quotes about same etc, These boards were Richtofens, of that im 99% sure

Kino Der Toten

It was here Richtofen learned time travel was possible, not only that, but found Maxis was using the Difference engine to travel to different places around the world via Aether Projections. which further back up the point im trying to make (although until Shangri-La is here, its still just an educated guess)

Ascension

Now in ascension, Richtofen learned you can travel to and even be released from the Aether, he also learnt of the Gersh device and the Casimir mechanism, the casimmir mechanism is what i believe Richtofen was after, and the whole reason for the Easter egg. Adapted into NAzi Zombies, and taken from the Casimir Effect, would provide a portable wormhole protection field around said spacecraft. but more importantly not only that, but allows you to travel freely and unrestricted through the Aether (proved by us fixing the casimir mechanism and releasing Gersh from the Aether)

Call of the Dead

This is an Easy one, the Vril generator, the power source for the craft Richtofen plans to make

this is just a rough guess now but after the 28th i will be able to give more detailed and edited reasoning

Area 51

The reason for Area 51? the shell of a spacecraft so he doesnt need to built one from scratch, just put all the relevant parts in and bobs your uncle

Richtofen doesnt want anything more to do with mj12 (illuminati, his quotes proved that) infact theres only 2 possibilities as to what richtofen is planning to build and why (at this current time in my chain of thought)

1. Building a spacecraft (capable of timetravel) to escape the end of the world which is supposed to happen in 2012 december 21st

2. but im starting to lead towards this, yes he wants to travel through time ect, save himself etc, BUT i believe richtofen is biulding this craft so he can freely travel through the Aether and STOP Samanha once and for all...yes bare with me and think about this for a second

the one thing consistent with Zombies is the Fact Samantha is always there

Richtofen is the one who Experimented on Samantha and is the cause of all the outbreaks

Richtofen is looking for Samantha (kinos loading screen)

I believe Richtofen wants to undo what he did and either free Samantha or destroy her

ever notice where ever Samantha is, so are the zombies (before anyone says anything, Samantha Tricked Yuri into doing her bidding, therefore she was there long before the team and so were the zombies)

• Administrators

Meant it was irrelevant to him being there before we play there, cuz he wasn't. No maps are fillers honestly. FIVE, we learned more about the Americans efforts with 115, so not a filler. NDU and Verruckt were just maps then, but Verruckt has turned out to be super big in the story. In my opinion, no maps are " fillers"

I class any map not with the furious four team members as fillers mate, they provide alot of information to nazi zombies as a whole, but nothing directly related to Richtofens team

NDU we learned was the second outbreak

Verruckt we learn so much due to the wall writings, too much to post here

Five we learn of what the americans have started to do, for a start teleporters powered by Element 114 which allows zombies to pass through etc

• Administrators

Technically info in the "filler" maps contain tons about the 4. The cotd radios explain they were captured, the terminal shows that Dempsey was most likely captured in Verruckt. Just because they aren't the maps doesn't mean they font matter. And isn't the map description like what I just said? :/

• Administrators

To the OP, good research but I don't think it was after CoTD, based on his quote about going too far into the future.

Too Zombie, this is one thing I'm truly confident on. I won't say it's 100%, but I really think it's b4 CoTD.

• Administrators

To the OP, good research but I don't think it was after CoTD, based on his quote about going too far into the future.

Too Zombie, this is one thing I'm truly confident on. I won't say it's 100%, but I really think it's b4 CoTD.

Guess well find out in 10 days then.

Indeed!

• Administrators

I know he says he went too far into the future but what says this isn't in the future?

To me, it's that sole quote that solidifies it not being in the future. Not to mention Richtofen doesn't have the cut on his head he supposedly did in Ascension, and Tak has a 'stache which is apparently pre-Ascension also

I rewatched the trailer and I see what you mean... Maybe this is the map that takes place between Ascension and Kino? And "Paradise" was really referring to Paradise Ranch which would mean we could finally get our Area 51 map. :o That would be a nice twist there... Or were completely wrong and they did actually get to Shangri La after Cotd.

• Administrators

I rewatched the trailer and I see what you mean... Maybe this is the map that takes place between Ascension and Kino? And "Paradise" was really referring to Paradise Ranch which would mean we could finally get our Area 51 map. :o That would be a nice twist there... Or were completely wrong and they did actually get to Shangri La after Cotd.

Shangri-La is called modern paradise. This IS the paradise. But what baffles me is that they say that they went TOO FAR INTO THE FUTURE, coming from the map before CoTD, Ascension. So does that mean that they were trying to go somewhere not as far as CoTD and re-tracked to Shangri-La, between Ascension and Call of the Dead? I can't tell. And Map Pack 4 will be Area 51 since they have the model for the map already, it's incredibly simple to make the Zombies map now.

• Administrators

What I'm wondering is why did he want to go in the future at all?

He's collecting things, and the VRIL Generator was one of them, apparently he only has one more thing to collect.

• Administrators

I know but why the future. Did he know that what needed would be developed in the future?

Off topic here, in Der Riese Nikolai says "I should bring this back to the boss" when you spawn. Is this a reference to something or an easter egg?

That's a good question about the future, I'm honestly not sure. As for the quote, I think it's just something for fun.