Is it time for our encounter with the Silverback?

I'm not saying Five played a significant role, but that doesn't mean anything within it should be ignored or discredited.

It is a part of the zombie story, however insignificant it may be.

I personally take Five as a brief view of the zombie story from a perspective other than the original four characters, to show that the zombie problem isn't only occurring wherever the original four are.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ya, but Five doesn't provide much else other than that, plus the fact that the zombie maps take place in so many different parts of the world should have proven that anyway. We've gone from, what, Germany to Japan, back to Germany, to America, to Germany again, to Russia to Sibera? And now to China with Shangri-La? something like that anyway.

So Five may be a part of the story, but it doesn't really honestly do anything that the rest of the zombie maps haven't done anyway.

But that's besides the point, even if the "Cosmic Silverback" was mentioned on a mag in Five, there's no radio transcriptions or dialogue or anything that shows The Silverback has any significance to our regular zombie maps. That's the point i've been trying to make all along, aside from the fact that I doubt the Silverback would even literally fit into the map with all the tight corridors and such in Shangri-La, aside from the fact that we haven't seen any spacey tech in any of the images or footage we've seen from Shangri-La.

I haven't in any way said that the Cosmic Silverback would appear in any traditional zombie map. The only point I was making with my original post is that the Silverback HAS existed/been referenced in a map other than DOA unlike you said.

I also never wanted the Silverback to be in reg zombies but if the connection is there, so be it..

Also, the magazine can't be dismissed as a reused texture, because it has only been seen in Five. While campaign and multiplayer levels/maps may have reused textures from zombies, I highly doubt they would do the reciprocal to zombie maps. In multiplayer, they wouldn't expect players to look for clues and details, but to simply pass by a book for example. In zombies, knowing how thoroughly we search every inch of every map for any tidbits of information that exists, they know that we would see something like that and we'd be looking for connections where none exist.

Well to your point then Zables, there's still no significance to it in hindsight. Sure, he's on a magazine cover on a regular zombie map, but to no real significance other than Treyarch needed a cool looking cover to make us think too much about it, like we normally do in Zombies. May not be reused but most of the magazines on Five don't have much significance to anything relating to our zombie story.

Again, I even said it had little significance.

You said that there wasn't ANY evidence of the Silverback being in ANY map other than DOA, so I was merely proving that point (though not all of your points) wrong.

I'm not disagreeing with everything you've said, I'm just correcting you, not attacking you.

Actually Zables, not to burst your bubble but I just played through to the PaP room in Five, and there wasn't a magazine with the Silverback in it or on it :?

The only Magazine on a chair I saw was one about "the space race" and had a big picture of the Rocket from Ascension/Single Player Campaign/Launch on MP.

So, my point has kinda been proven even further :?

Techincally I am kinda right, seeing as...well..that's campaign. I'm honestly not trying to be a dick, and yes that magazine may be on the map Five, but this video was also made before Ascension came out, so this version of the mag in the video may not exist anymore in single player even.

So my point may not have been proved FURTHER, but my point has been proven right :?

I don't think we're failing to work together at all. I think we've disagreed clearly, yes, but we've kept this conversation mature. Neither of us has flamed the other, called names, just been outright douchey, etc.

If you're going to lock every thread that has a disagreement, you might as well lock them all. I'd say we've managed to do MUCH better than most other arguments on this forum.

Actually the back cover of the mag is what has the silverback on it and it can only be viewed with no-clip. Now I'm not saying the Silverback will be in the new map, but we can't just say no it won't with any type of conviction becaue we just don't know. The silver back has been referenced in Five so who knows I certainly don't and you don't either. Anyway here's some other Five tie-ins that connect to the COD zombieverse.

1. Silverback reference

2. Wunder Weapon research lab (DM,WH,RG,TG?)

3. Dempsy/Roebuck clones being experimented on in labs

4. Der Reise Teleporter being reverse engineered inn lab level.

5. "Five" guys calling Ascension

6. Richtofen and blank portrait in PaP room.

7. Grim Reapers (if you count them)

8. 935 logo and richtofen images when you teleport

@Zables, possibly, unless the notes form the video by MrDalekJD I've heard are true.

@Jason - If the mag still has the silverback on it, can we at least get a picture? The video Zables showed me was shown to me before Ascension came out, so it's highly possible it's changed by now, just like the 115 Tattoo on Frank's Arm.

And I can say with my own conviction that the Silverback won't make an appearance due to the facts I've already stated.

Now, there may be "links" to the rest of the zombie universe in Five, but what IS the link exactly? The significance I mean.

1) The Silverback isn't in the other zombie maps besides DOA, and when you're actually ON the zombie map, the magazine's about Ascension, not The Silverback.

2) The "Wunder Weapon" Research was only the Winter's Howl, and that gun only makes an appearance in Five as well, unless you have the older maps then I think it may be in the box there too.

3) When did Dempsy and Roebuck look at all similar? And aren't those "clones" also in the single player on Rebirth Island?

4) How do we know it's the same Der Riese teleporter? What if the US, or the guy who developed the Ray Gun, were simply developing their own teleporter?

5) They make phone calls, sure, but to what significance? None really, aside from letting us know that the zombie outbreak was happening in more than just their part of the world, which we could already assume was the case from the radios on Der Riese.

6) Re-used textures. It gives the Five map a more Zombie-esque Atmosphere, as opposed to using the same portraits from Single Player.

7) Um...what?...

8) Again, probably just textures to give us a more Zombie-Esque atmosphere and less of a "I'm playing a different game mode with things i've already seen in the single player campaign" atmosphere.

Five has virtually little significance to the overall story, aside form letting us know that the zombie outbreak was in different parts of the world.

But, that's not the point of the post now is it.

1. Actually the magazine is about the US/Soviet space race. On the back cover it shows the silverback. The caption reads "Russinas launch the first primate into space and it returned a... What the hell is this?

2. you are wrong here the Ray gun can be seen in five being reverse engineered (Taken apart and studied). A Death Machine sits on top of some shelves. There's blueprints for the Thundergun.

3. Dempsy shares the exact same chararcter model as robuck from W@W so they've always been the same, not similar identical. Just as Richtofen is Steiner the guy you snipe, Takeo is the officer from the first scene in makin and Nickolai is the guy who got burned up in W@W with the diary. So yeah saying Roebuck and Dempsy don't look the same is like saying Indiana Jones and Han Solo don't look alike.

4. They did build there own teleporters using the Der Reise style ones as a template. In the room you see the teleporter you also see containers with the swastika on them This is common knowledge and I'm not going to debate this with you ask anybody here. FFS the Terminal has tons of info on der reise and states as much.

5. So a huge portrait of Richtofen and another blank one (That all characters comment on in Kino) in the PaP room is just a re-used texture. This comment clearly shows how close minded you are. Seriously lol. I'm done with this conversation because I can't really discuss things rationally with you since your mind is made up good day sir.

Jesus Jason, if you wanna talk closed minded YOU scream closed minded right now.

1) Again, it wouldn't hurt to get a pic would it? Cause i glanced by the mag while playing Five and I obviously can't see under it since i'm on the 360

2) The Ray Gun is a Wonder Weapon? And a Death Machine all of a sudden? I know the Ray Gun's there, I mentioned that, and where are the blueprints for the Thunder Gun? I have yet to see those...

3) Dempsy doesn't share his character model with Roebuck, he does share the same character model as someone else form W@W, so we're both kinda right on this one. I forget the character's name, but he's the orange haired character you can save in place of Roebuck at the end of the American Campaign in [email protected] I can't remember his name...

4) Didn't I already mention that I acknowledged the outbreak was happening in more parts of the world than just Europe? The Der Riese radio where Maxis is reading a note off to Sophia and mentions "Our American operatives" should have already confirmed this.

5) There's TONS of reused textures form other zombie maps on Five. You can clearly see the chalk boards are straight out of Der Riese, the human diagrams in the autopsy room are straight from Der Riese, the note under the stairs in Kino is sitting by the power switch in Five, so it wouldn't be terribly uncommon for those portraits to simply be reused textures.

I mean, feel free to think too much into it, but we all know what happened last time we did that..stupid Gersch -____-...(i made a funny :lol: )

3) Dempsy doesn't share his character model with Roebuck, he does share the same character model as someone else form W@W, so we're both kinda right on this one. I forget the character's name, but he's the orange haired character you can save in place of Roebuck at the end of the American Campaign in [email protected] I can't remember his name...

You mean Polonsky?