Is it time for our encounter with the Silverback?

If you check out the picture for dead ops in the lobby it shows our crashed soviet rocket from Ascension. Mr cosmic is rocking a mean little get up consisting of a spacesuit. When you die on dead ops you go to the platforms, which are stationed in front of a old looking structure resembling a lot of the structures seen in the trailer for MP3.

Do you think we finally get to meet him?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no rocket in Shangri-La footage and it clearly shows in the end our new "boss" flaming zombie dude!

Who the hell said it was a boss? And did they show the heroes in the footage from CotD? Did they show the easter eggs? Cosmic has always played a bigger roll than everyone thought. The space monkeys from ascension, what do you do when you're done testing them? Move onto something larger more like a human, IE the Cosmic. The loading screen picture for dead ops shows THE SAME rocket from Ascension.

Think, they go to ascension tracking 935's where-abouts, the Rocket gets launched to something the soviets have code named "Paradise", The heroes chase em, Richtofen tricks them into going to CotD to get the golden rod (Cosmic likes shiny things! ;) ) then they finally teleport to Shangri-La and encounter the cosmic at one point or another. You can't assume the flaming zombie is a boss, he could be in the mix with normal zombies, or he could be on your side, you can't just assume he's against you.

I hope the silverback is an Easter egg and really doesn't have anything to do with the gameplay. In the video they say it's going to be a tight quarters map and dealing with a huge silverback will get extremely annoying. And I think the flaming zombie will just be a new zombie which either explodes or when you knife him you get downed, unless you have phd.

I agree carbon...

Oh, here's the Shangri-La Fire Zombie:

Looks like a Boss, in more ways than one... Like a Boss... Lulz.

Regards Alpha

Couldn't that just be the effect of a fire trap to certain types of zombies? Or just like some sort of new zombie type? It doesn't have to be a boss. Not trying to flame or anything, (Pun Intended), but I disagree, he may look like a boss, but that doesn't mean he is one. And I don't think we're facing Cosmic Silverbacks, either. Unless they're incredibly, well... Undersized compared to the DOA ones...

I agree carbon...

Oh, here's the Shangri-La Fire Zombie:

Looks like a Boss, in more ways than one... Like a Boss... Lulz.

Regards Alpha

Couldn't that just be the effect of a fire trap to certain types of zombies? Or just like some sort of new zombie type?

In regards to Flamming Zombie, I doubt it's a trap/weapon effect, highly. This zombie's glowing from the inside, and it appears to moving and walking in the trailer, albeit slowly, probably because of video effects.

In regards to this post's topic....

*ahem*

NO

NO

NO

NO

1,000 TIMES NO!!!!

The Silverback has NOTHING to do with any of the regular zombie maps period!!! No one that I know of ever did any tests on GORILLAS, considering A) The price of shipping Gorillas/finding people to capture them was probably RIDICULOUS, considering how dangerous and huge they are, and B) The huge and dangerous part again, plus the cost of redesigning all the tests and such to fit a being the size of a gorilla in it, and the rocket itself of course.

The Silverback is EXCLUSIVE to DOA, Treyarch may just be reusing ALOT of textures on this new map, which is where any similarities to DOA would pop up.

And honestly, they way you've worded stuff makes it sound like Richtofan's a servant of the Silverback.

Richtofen tricks them into going to CotD to get the golden rod (Cosmic likes shiny things! ;) )

Where the hell does that even make sense? Richotfan isn't serving ANYONE but himself. Well, The Illuminati, but I don't think "the dark lord" of The Illuminati is a giant Gorilla in a space suit.

So we've learned something from past games; you can only get 4 perks by buying them, the rest must come from the perk bottle drop. We have all but confirmed that, in one way or another, monkeys are going to have something to do with getting double points, max ammo, bombs, etc. Is it possible that, if they somehow implement a cosmic silver back or something similar, defeating him (possibly a timed thing) could get you a perk drop similar to what George does, but maybe a bit easier and without the Wonderwaffe? Just a thought.

I certainly hope not...

exactly my thoughts. wouldnt make any sense in the story at all.

in my humble opinion, i hope that they bring back a boss round a la monkeys hell hounds, but not a roaming boss or a singular BIG boss. but i would also like for the innovations in zombies to be more focused on gun/perk variety, because im tired of killing new zombies in the same old way. i want to kill the same zombies in new creative interesting ways

i also hope that they include the monkeys (well, whatever the max ammo type round thing is) in with the zombies in later rounds like they did on der reise. i thought that was a good challenge rather than just having more and more and more zombs

In regards to this post's topic....

*ahem*

NO

NO

NO

NO

1,000 TIMES NO!!!!

The Silverback has NOTHING to do with any of the regular zombie maps period!!! No one that I know of ever did any tests on GORILLAS, considering A) The price of shipping Gorillas/finding people to capture them was probably RIDICULOUS, considering how dangerous and huge they are, and B) The huge and dangerous part again, plus the cost of redesigning all the tests and such to fit a being the size of a gorilla in it, and the rocket itself of course.

I have my own points, in no particular order:

A) The Silverback probably has a lot more to do than some people think.

B) Gorillas are not as dangerous as they seem, I would fear Chimps more.

C) "Unrealistic" is an invalid option. We are talking about time travel, undead hordes that never end, and the disembodied soul of a girl who was supposed to be dead a long time ago.

D) This is freakin' Treyarch we're talking about here, don't expect them not to do things.

E) A few months ago, an avatar item for Xbox users showed up in the shop; for 400 MS points you can get a Cosmic SIlverback costume for your avatar. There must be some significance to this.

F) If I'm not mistaken, they're is a Treyarch Dev listed on this forum named "Cosmic Silverback". This may just be his/her favorite character, but it could mean something.

I have my own points, in no particular order:

A) The Silverback probably has a lot more to do than some people think.

B) Gorillas are not as dangerous as they seem, I would fear Chimps more.

C) "Unrealistic" is an invalid option. We are talking about time travel, undead hordes that never end, and the disembodied soul of a girl who was supposed to be dead a long time ago.

D) This is freakin' Treyarch we're talking about here, don't expect them not to do things.

E) A few months ago, an avatar item for Xbox users showed up in the shop; for 400 MS points you can get a Cosmic SIlverback costume for your avatar. There must be some significance to this.

F) If I'm not mistaken, they're is a Treyarch Dev listed on this forum named "Cosmic Silverback". This may just be his/her favorite character, but it could mean something.

Woah woah woah now, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but even SOME things in zombies have to make sense.

A) The Silverback's exclusive to DOA, there's no evidence of any space-related tech in Shangri-La that would prove the Silverback has anything to do with the regular zombies period. In fact I've failed to see any evidence on ANY map besides DOA that has any significance to The Silverback being involved at all.

B) Chimps are vicious in the wild, noted, but what would be more scary to hunt, a smaller sized mamal that might screech real loud and scurry about with his quickness, or a gigantic mamal that could easy break all of your ribs if it ever hits you in the stomach and tip your tour bus over?

C) Even though I never said "Unrealistic" in my post, and despite the crazyness of our zombie story, some things HAVE to make sense to the story. IE; there's no crashed space technology in any of the images or video we've seen from Shangri-La so far because we're in the mountains, away from modern technology, the Wunderwaffe not making an appearance in Kino due to, as Richtofan stated, having "overloaded the MDT".

D) I'm not doubting Treyarch wouldn't do something, but at the same time, some people have read into things based on re-used textures, like the Wunderwaffe DG-2 book appearing in the single player campaign.

E) An avatar item? Really? The only "significance" it has is that people liked DOA. If I'm not mistaken, the Frank Woods outfit is in the public avatar catalogue too, and alotta people thought Woods and Mason and the SP cast were gonna be the characters in Ascension.

F) And a forum name now? C'mon, that's just....just....c'mooooon...>_> it's just his favorite character, really...

You know something I really hate. People who just dismiss others theories and ideas just because they have something else in mind. It's happened with every map pack. Bottom line is nobody here can discount the presence of the silverback until the map comes out. Just shitting on someones idea to make yourself seem smarter or more learned in zombies is a very common occurance in the forum. All the people saying this can't or won't happen. PROOF?? Oh yeah thats right you have none, just opinions like the OP's. Try and be a little more supportive and open to other guys' ideas and not just the chosen few "elite" zombie players.

If you take offense to this post I'm most likely talking about you so...

If you're referring to me Jason, then um..I think I stated a couple of things already that counter your argument, mainly this;

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, i'm not discrediting that. But I stuck by MY guns and supported my opinion with facts; the only monkeys in the regular zombie maps, at least until Shangri-La comes out, are the ones in Ascension. It made sense for those to be there because of A) The location of the map itself, and B) The fact that Russians, in recorded history, tested space...thingies....on monkeys of that nature.

The fact that we can discredit the existence of The Silverback in any of the regular zombie maps should be the "PROOF??" you were asking for in the first place. And just to reiterate, i'll say it again, there's no records of Gorillas being tested on or having experiments done on them or anything of that nature in any of the regular zombie maps.

Like I said, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, i'm not saying the OP can't think the Silverback's gonna come in this map, but there's a big difference between "being supportive of the chosen few "elite" zombie players" and having an EDUCATED "opinion". Even you can't deny that.

Actually, in one zombies map (maybe Five?) there was a magazine showing the Cosmic Silverback..

O.o never seen it, and didn't tons of people claim Five really didn't have anything to do with the story?

Well those people are wrong, plenty of evidence everywhere that it's in the story. What with all the wonder weapons and such scattered around.

I don't think the silverback will be in this map, btw. It is supposed to be narrow and such, so would be too easy to die.

No, it did, cause the red phones in Ascension were being "called" by the characters in Five, playing voice bits from the Five characters when answered..

And on Five, I believe the magazine (accompanied by another) was in the Pack-A-Punch room, in the little hallway on a chair.

Well ya, Five may have been "connected" to the zombie story with that room in the lab that has the Ray Gun, but there really wasn't any other significance besides that right? The characters provide nothing to the zombie story in the end, they don't seem to know what's going on, other than they're being invaded by Zombies.

The Ascension phones didn't really give much other significance to Five either, IMO, aside from maybe the time period our map was based in.