Traps, females, and lots of new zombie info!

I wonder how hard Pack-A-Punch is to open/reveal?

I'm praying it's nothing like Five, which was a royal pain in the ass. With any luck, it's just up some stairs and around a corner or something like that.

did you really think it was harder in five than it was in kino?

i thought they were pretty similar difficulty wise

Kino was easy, as I ran my circle around the map I just hit the two teleporters. In Five, you have to hit all the Def Cons. Not difficult, just annoying b/c it took me a while to figure out b/c I don't like Five anyway :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH HELL YES.

I see a certain German is back in his uniform.

To quote Mr Dempsey... Oorah. ;)

Those monkeys look so cute as well, I love the idea of kind of being able to choose your power up, it's always annoying when you get a nuke at the end of the round...

Minus the free 400 points. But beyond round 12 or so that's usually irrelevant.

Do you guys think they will release more maps with these guys in?

I'm hoping the Burning Zombie is a new enemy that is mixed into the horde, and that the Cosmic Silverback is the boss. Seriously, it's time for him to show if he ever will! But when you think about it, the monkeys must be mixed with zombies because they steal power-ups, and only zombies randomly drop them. Also, when they showed the monkeys there were no changes in lighting or fog, which has always been there with hellround enemies (Hounds, Space Monkeys, Thief).

Didn't take long for this pack... At least we don't have to wait. Map looks awesome, though I don't care about MP anymore so it's going to cost me $15 for one map. >_>
I really dont care if im paying $15 for one map, to me i feel like im getting my moneys worth, zombies has always been great so im not complaining

Didn't take long for this pack... At least we don't have to wait. Map looks awesome, though I don't care about MP anymore so it's going to cost me $15 for one map. >_>
I really dont care if im paying $15 for one map, to me i feel like im getting my moneys worth, zombies has always been great so im not complaining

This!

When Der Riese came out, every time I played it all I could think was, "Man, this is way too cheap. I would pay $60 for this alone!"

Umm, im not trying to sound mean but you guys are not very good at this stuff,

1:Monkeys will not be the boss round because like someone said before there is always fog, intense lights or something changed in the map. And for them to take/make the pick ups there will need to be a drop e.g: As soon as you kill a zombie and it drops a pickup a monkey will spawn to take the pickup.

2:I don't think the fire dude is the boss cause there has always been rumours there's going to be a new fire wonder weapon, cause there has been Air (Thundergun),Water (ice for winters howl), electric (wonder waffe), and now there needs to be fire. So maybe you use this "new wonder weapon" on an zombie it makes it go all flaming like that flame dude.Backuped info: The treyarch dude said theres gonna to be new guns "WONDER WEAPON"

3:I think the new boss is the weird monkey thing at 2:47 picture because the surrounding map changed and looks different, so I'm guessing every 4-5 rounds when this alien monkey thing comes the map changes to an eclipse.

And im really sorry if i offended any of you :/

Umm, im not trying to sound mean but you guys are not very good at this stuff,

1:Monkeys will not be the boss round because like someone said before there is always fog, intense lights or something changed in the map. And for them to take/make the pick ups there will need to be a drop e.g: As soon as you kill a zombie and it drops a pickup a monkey will spawn to take the pickup.

2:I don't think the fire dude is the boss cause there has always been rumours there's going to be a new fire wonder weapon, cause there has been Air (Thundergun),Water (ice for winters howl), electric (wonder waffe), and now there needs to be fire. So maybe you use this "new wonder weapon" on an zombie it makes it go all flaming like that flame dude.Backuped info: The treyarch dude said theres gonna to be new guns "WONDER WEAPON"

3:I think the new boss is the weird monkey thing at 2:47 picture because the surrounding map changed and looks different, so I'm guessing every 4-5 rounds when this alien monkey thing comes the map changes to an eclipse.

And im really sorry if i offended any of you :/

No offense taken, whatever anybody says is still speculation at this point lol

1) I don't think I suggested that monkeys will be the same as Ascension. The monkeys in this new map may be implemented the same as they were in Ascension, sort of. Monkeys in Ascension don't appear until you get a perk (Jugg I believe), so in this one, maybe the monkeys don't start taking power up drops until you turn on the power or release them...something along those lines. Some event that you the player set in motion.

2) The more I think about it, the more I don't think there will be a boss round like a lot of people may be thinking. Having an entire round dedicated to killing one "super zombie" is counter-intuitive to how zombies has been so far. Not sure how or what they are going to do, but dedicating a single round to a single zombie most likely won't be it. Edit: Don't forget, we haven't had a water wonder weapon yet, although just the sound of it doesn't sound very...intimidating lol

3) More or less agree. Maybe turning on power or accessing the PaP initiates this event, but who knows. I just can't wait to see gameplay, and then playgame :P

Traps sound and look awesome for sure, would never have noticed the pack a punch, and yay female zombies. The zombie screams might actually change for once...

You mean like how SMG's Dive grunt was different? :lol:

and as for a water weapon, do you not know your elements? okay, basic chemistry..... Ice is water.... but cold..... really cold..... when ice melts, it becomes water.....

So yeah, we have had water.(winter fury and winter is associated with water and ice) air(thundergun,) then technically the next two would be earth and fire.... so, if you think about it, the dg 2 or wunderwaffe or waffle iron as i like to call it, could be either....

(edit again.... )

would lava count as fire or earth? cause that fire zom looks like the terminator fell in lava, and still got out.....

and i say that it could be earth or fire for two reasons. one, it is powered by a rock. element 115 to be exact, which if you remember Numa, electrified the water. But you never needed to change the ammo. what you were changing were basically like a fuse, or transistor. thats the earth reason.

reason two, for fire, is because... now this is nerdy... has anyone watched the cartoon avatar? in that series, the firebenders could manipulate lightning, not the air,earth or waterbenders. now, for adult time, Lightning and its association with fire is based in many cultures. The norse considered fire from lightning bolts a sign that thor was angry and showing his dissatisfaction. the greeks(EDIT* MESSED UP HERE started typing second half in other post i had up...lol :facepalm: )

(EDIT* REBOOTED MY SECOND PART)to my knowledge so do the greeks "Prometheus cared more for man than for the wrath of the increasingly powerful and autocratic king of the gods, so he stole fire from Zeus' lightning, concealed it in a hollow stalk of fennel, and brought it to man"

fire, from Zeus's Lightning.....(BTW random thought, but Zeus's Lightning would be a BADASS name for a gun).

so then what we need is more of a earth gun.... (was browsing wiki to double check my elements and found new fact.)UNLESS THEY ARE PLAYING BY THE FIVE ELEMENT SYSTEM NOT THE FOUR >.

which means there would be the fifth element called Quintessence(known as AETHER in greece)

the random fact i read:

"In classical thought, the four elements Earth, Water, Air, and Fire frequently occur; sometimes including a fifth element or quintessence (after "quint" meaning "fifth") called Aether in ancient Greece and India."

insnt shangrila near or in the india area? yes it is.... if you look at an older map, india had loads of sections of the H. mountains where shangri la is supposedly located.

which could mean(as much as i dislike the thought in this) that maybe there would be another map. i said i dont believe it in different posting, but if the gun in this uses aether, then that would mean earth is still open for grabs..... unless.....

does cold hard lead count as earth?

by how i feel about these:

so, maybe earth: bullet guns, water: winters howl, fire: Waffle Iron, wind:thundergun, and then the quintessence weapon?

sorry for how jumbled it is.... was up at 11am, worked 4 till 1130pm and posted this at 204am. and i just kept typing since all these connections were spilling outta my brain. didnt want to forget something as i typed

looks like the monkey carrying red power up jumped up the stairs at the last second.

also, what is that gold thing in the bottom right area of the picture? cant see if its a perk machine or not...

kinda looks like a statue

To me I personly think it looks like stamina up

Thought so possibly at first but at closer inspection it doesn't really..

possibly too bright and different patterns.. recons it's a statue tbh. possibly to do with something.

It is possible they have their own round. The monkeys... the last monkey you need to kill for the round to be over COULD be the monkey shown with the power up.

Then what would a Nuke or Insta-kill be good for? Double Points? I'm pretty sure that they show up during normal rounds, and then steal powerups.

• Administrators

I think the monkeys appear with the power ups, not steal them.

Even if that is so, what if you get a nuke? Does the round end? Do they attack you? Doesn't sound all that fun nor rewarding.

Well if you get a nuke, it acts as normal. I think that one monkey is appearing at a time. If you shoot it, it changes power-drops faster so not to exploit certain drops

It is possible they have their own round. The monkeys... the last monkey you need to kill for the round to be over COULD be the monkey shown with the power up.

Not a bad thought, but if you look at the pics from the vid I posted, there are two monkeys; one dead, one alive. I doubt the monkeys are the last thing you need to kill in the round.

One thing is puzzling me, if the monkeys do indeed steal power ups, why is it that the one in the video runs right passed one?

This makes me think they don't actually steal them, but are part of some reward bonus round for doing something...

Or maybe the monkey will only drop a power up provided you kill it within a timelimit.

I really like how this map looks like it just goes in paths and is not just a wide landscape. The traps, carts, and slides look awesome. And I also like how they introduced new zombie looks and female zombies, its alll nice but I hope they dont change the look and feel of COD zombies too much. Hopefully it doesnt turn into a L4D game........

• Administrators

I really like how this map looks like it just goes in paths and is not just a wide landscape. The traps, carts, and slides look awesome. And I also like how they introduced new zombie looks and female zombies, its alll nice but I hope they dont change the look and feel of COD zombies too much. Hopefully it doesnt turn into a L4D game........

The only way I think it could be L4D is if they added all new melee weapons.