I want World at War 2! Do you?

I just watched all the old World at War map pack trailers again and all I want is a WAW2. World At war had an amazing campaign, fast paced multiplayer and an epic zombie killing experience, i've always felt that Black Ops had something missing compared to World at War. WAW multiplayer was great because almost noone ever used camouflage, the grenade launcher was considered a useless attachment, the killstreaks were not overpowered as you could easily defend yourself from dogs and evade artillery. Would you like to see a World At War 2?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

world at war is still a great game and i would love waw 2. i would love to see a new game engine for world at war 2 and pherhaps some new weapons. also a thing i would like is a complete new zombie experience. pherhaps one similar to left 4 dead where you have go through a lvl. but with features from call of duty like buying doors and weapons

but the crew went from the past to the future and now there going back? wouldn't that corrupt the time space continuam? as much as that sounds awesome you also have to stick with realism

Regards Yellow-card8

Who said they couldn't make more weapon skins for zombies? They don't have to follow the game entirely.

i just wished they left zombies in the WW2 era, i love the feel of the world at war maps, the settings are amazing, the only map i accually like the feel of in black ops is COTD (except the characters and goerge) it would have gone perfectly with the old characters if they left it in england like it was suppose to, or atleast i think it was. WW2 era just feels for zombies altleast and the weopons were alot better in W@W

I want a WaW revamp and have it redone with better colors and black ops graphics. They've proved that they could do it with the zombie maps, so do it with the entire game! I would even pay the same price I did for my OG copy.

Same. But with the gore, they must keep it at its current WaW coloring.. looks better IMO. And if they did do this, they should keep the original zombie maps, not the BO style, because there were so many things that made no sense in the BO version, most of which I hated.

YES but for once include all fields of war. Go back to CoD1 with the American/Brit/Russian, then mix with WaW to also include the pacific

Have lots of characters rather than two, it was a 6 year war, so have many.... French as the germans invade... russians in stalingrad... Polish jews/freedomfighters hiding out in Warsaw, maybe a favelea style mission where you jump from roof to roof (as Himmler made the army destroy them to flush out jews... ok but dont start with the whole, 'its offensive to have a game mentioning the holocaust', even when it is one or two missions where it isnt mentioned... blotting out any mention of it is surely more offensive? But anyway. Then Brits in north africa, americans in the pacific, maybe the brit then moves on to italy/france (D-Day) or the american gets wounded and posted to the european front... or something, all ending with missions crossing over in berlin, just like CoD1

YES but for once include all fields of war. Go back to CoD1 with the American/Brit/Russian, then mix with WaW to also include the pacific

Have lots of characters rather than two, it was a 6 year war, so have many.... French as the germans invade... russians in stalingrad... Polish jews/freedomfighters hiding out in Warsaw, maybe a favelea style mission where you jump from roof to roof (as Himmler made the army destroy them to flush out jews... ok but dont start with the whole, 'its offensive to have a game mentioning the holocaust', even when it is one or two missions where it isnt mentioned... blotting out any mention of it is surely more offensive? But anyway. Then Brits in north africa, americans in the pacific, maybe the brit then moves on to italy/france (D-Day) or the american gets wounded and posted to the european front... or something, all ending with missions crossing over in berlin, just like CoD1

In response, I say no to the french. That is all. Everything else sounds good.

Maybe include the axis in the campaign this time too?

Hell no. The WWII setting is dried up...

A title about nothing BUT the Zombies story would be great though!

Ok, how many WWII games have there been since WaW? If any, none that I've heard of, but the point is it hasn't been used so much recently. As long as they do something different (Axis side of the war, Italy, or more of the pacific) they game should be good. A zombie game would be good, but I'd prefer it to just be in the next CoD after MW3, less money spent that way.

Ok, how many WWII games have there been since WaW? If any, none that I've heard of, but the point is it hasn't been used so much recently.

They have been alot of WWII games since first-person shooters were possible, and they have been releasing alot of WWII games even after WaW. The sad thing about them is that they are really bad, or just unpopular ;)

Ok, how many WWII games have there been since WaW? If any, none that I've heard of, but the point is it hasn't been used so much recently.

They have been alot of WWII games since first-person shooters were possible, and they have been releasing alot of WWII games even after WaW. The sad thing about them is that they are really bad, or just unpopular ;)

We need to go back to making it about honour, like cod 1, the intro...

In the war that changed the world,

Victory was not achieved

By one man;

But by the lives

Of many.

Across the battlefields

of Europe

Many nations united

to reach

one goal:

Berlin.

Remember the fallen, CoD 1 used classic ww2 themed music, focusing of the lives of soldiers and brotherhood, not brutal scenes or movie like endings...

if they did another WW2, i would want treyarch to do it, and they would haffta make it as realilistic as they could, while still making it fun, like in WAW, they would haffta work on overpowered weapons, and tehy would haffta make a new co-op mode, cause no offense, zombies is DONE, like, after WAW, they went downhill, i dunno, thats just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

if they did another WW2, i would want treyarch to do it, and they would haffta make it as realilistic as they could, while still making it fun, like in WAW, they would haffta work on overpowered weapons, and tehy would haffta make a new co-op mode, cause no offense, zombies is DONE, like, after WAW, they went downhill, i dunno, thats just my opinion.

people don't like sad, realistic plots that are complicated and show the true nature of war, treyarch know this, look at the reception of cod 4, 5 and 6.

cod 4, realistic, people loved it

cod 5, realistic, with a gothic theme to emphasise that war is not a game, people complained and said treyarch were a 'terrible company', 'stealing from IW'

cod 6, completely unreal plot, with superhuman characters who can throw knives out of their chests after falling off a waterfall and still stand, people diving from buildings that always explode when hit by one bullet, then always manage to burn out before reaching the character.

Why do you think films like the expendables were as well recieved as ones such as inception, because most people love a simple yet awe inspiring plot than a complicated one, like MW2 to Black Ops... I know, myself and most of you disagree, but we're not the majority. :|

• 3 weeks later...