What's wrong with DOA?

DaPikmin

What's wrong with it? When I go to play it, it's either people who never played it before, or it's only like 700 people playing it says.

In my opinion I love it, as I used the always play Smash TV with my sister before this.

For people who play this often, why is it so unpopular? Like it's simple enough to play and everything... o_o

And for some reason I can never get to the end.... hm, maybe some of you people who did before can team up with me and get there...?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had it's moment, but it just got repetitive. Here's some reasons why people might not like it:

1) There is no strategy in it.

2) It doesn't add on to the Zombies story.

3) The music can get annoying.

4) Only two trophies can be earned from it, and they're easy!

5) DEAD NATION makes it look horrible.

6) It's accessable only through password, suggesting that Treyarch added it as a little bonus.

7) The other maps rock!

I know it's not a very good map, but I would hate Treyarch if they removed it from Black Ops! It adds that little bit of variety to the list.

Lol and it also gives hints to future maps like how the next is gonna be a temple.

No it doesn't. The only map in there would be paradise, due to the jungles and stuff, but it hasn't actually been confirmed that that will be a map (definately will be, but not confirmed). Where there is COTD or ascension? Basically, that theory is wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I mean those of you who say its easy and involves no skill have clearly never gotten very far. There's just as much strategy as regular zombies, just a different strategy. I know if someone who had gotten to round 6 on Shangri La came in and said it was stupid and easy, everyone would tell them to shut up because they sucked and clearly didn't get it. So now, to anyone who has never gotten past round 30 and insist that its "easy" or "simple", I tell you all to shut up, because you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

I mean those of you who say its easy and involves no skill have clearly never gotten very far. There's just as much strategy as regular zombies, just a different strategy. I know if someone who had gotten to round 6 on Shangri La came in and said it was stupid and easy, everyone would tell them to shut up because they sucked and clearly didn't get it. So now, to anyone who has never gotten past round 30 and insist that its "easy" or "simple", I tell you all to shut up, because you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Ditto what he said. It takes a lot of skill and is much more fast paced and chaotic than regular zombies. It requires very quick thinking and A LOT of teamwork and communication.

• 1 month later...

It's fun and it's harder than you think. you've probably only been to like round 16 or something really low and boring like that... And I bet that I'm better than you in regular zombies as well so don't be hating on DOA players.

Go read my Dead Ops Arcade Strategy Guide and then tell me if there is a strategy or not. I could say the same thing about regular zombies...Run in a circle and make the zombies follow you and then shoot them...Not too strategic or hard or even that fun now is it.

I think the problem with talking about DOA is people just compare it to regular zombies. It's not meant to be regular zombies, and if you try to compare it to that then of course DOA won't seem as good.

DOA is an awesome fun little game. And despite what some people say, it's challenging, requires strategy, and can be a blast with 3 buddies.

I know I've read RZA's DOA survival guide, and there's ALOT more to DOA than meets the eye. Plus who doesn't like the nostalgic feel of the old point and shoot arcade games?

I think the problem with talking about DOA is people just compare it to regular zombies. It's not meant to be regular zombies, and if you try to compare it to that then of course DOA won't seem as good.

DOA is an awesome fun little game. And despite what some people say, it's challenging, requires strategy, and can be a blast with 3 buddies.

I know I've read RZA's DOA survival guide, and there's ALOT more to DOA than meets the eye. Plus who doesn't like the nostalgic feel of the old point and shoot arcade games?

Aww you haven't read my strategy guide??? Jk. But it is basically a whole separate game from zombies not just a different map. It would be like comparing Cod Zombies to Left 4 Dead. They just are different, one isn't necessarily better or worse than the other. That is what I'm trying to say.

It's fun and it's harder than you think. you've probably only been to like round 16 or something really low and boring like that... And I bet that I'm better than you in regular zombies as well so don't be hating on DOA players.

Go read my Dead Ops Arcade Strategy Guide and then tell me if there is a strategy or not. I could say the same thing about regular zombies...Run in a circle and make the zombies follow you and then shoot them...Not too strategic or hard or even that fun now is it.

seriously

• 2 weeks later...

Netcode is horrendous and only benefits the host, even if other players have 4 bar, you still lag.

Dogs have a ridiculous bite radius and the fact there basically unstoppable if you arent host/gun.

Speed bursts are broken (die while bursting through poles, ect...)

Inability to choose your own color

The fact you cant see all the arrows in widescreen, forcing at least 1 to run in 480p

Game takes waaaaay too long to get to a high round which deters a lot of people from playing the game (i dont blame them)

Answer to your question: Everything is wrong with DOA

I personally do not like it as much as the other forms of CoD zombies but there really is nothing wrong with it, and the people that I find that say they hate it are the ones who have not even gotten to the room of fate yet (round 15ish I think?) and that is where it hooked me, allowing for that alternate style of gameplay was quite nice.

Sadly I am disappointed in this thread. There are insults and challenges and all sorts of un-friendly things being said here. We are better than this. When you have an opinion to sound, direct ALL of your arguments towards the idea, NOT the people presenting the idea. There is nothing wrong with saying "dead-ops sucks" sure you should probably AT LEAST give a few reasons, with explainations would be even better. What is NOT acceptable is saying "dead-ops is boring and all the players who like it are idiots and suck at regular zombies" that is entirely unacceptable and should be (and could be) considered unnecessary harassment, and should get you on the track to being banned from this community. If it is a slip of the tongue (or rather, hands) then apologize for your rude behavior. If you do not see that you did wrong to your fellow human beings, then I would suggest counseling and perhaps a time-out. Come on CoDz do not let me down.

-MegaAfroMan

Agree with MegaAfroMan, while debate and discussion is encouraged this is not a community for petty arguing and insulting.

My opinion of DOA - I've gotten to round 23 solo, admitedly it IS hard but it doesn't have the same excitement that regular zombies has. I know it's supposed to be a seperate game therefore not being like the original zombies, but it's a game that I personally just can't get into. Sure there's strategies etc., but considering I got to round 23 just moving around and spamming the trigger a good strategy is not absolutely essential.

Netcode is horrendous and only benefits the host, even if other players have 4 bar, you still lag.

Dogs have a ridiculous bite radius and the fact there basically unstoppable if you arent host/gun.

The fact you cant see all the arrows in widescreen, forcing at least 1 to run in 480p

Game takes waaaaay too long to get to a high round which deters a lot of people from playing the game (i dont blame them)

You can't exactly choose your character in regular zombies though, so I don't see why you'd point not being able to chose your colour as a problem, and the length of rounds is just as much of a problem in regular zombies as well.

I've gotta be honest, i'm not a fan of DOA though, I mainly don't like it because I tend to confuse my guy with someone elses and trying to control them instead :lol: and I find that the colour scheme on some of the maps make a lone zombie zombie too hard to see every now and then (that's more because i dont play in HD though.

that being said I have managed to get to the mid thirties a few times, and I have to admit that it IS a lot harder than most people think, even when compared to other zombies maps, and before you start saying it's not look at your highest round on any zombies map and compare it to your record on DOA if it's not higher then don't say it's stupidly easy.

Lol totally agree. Also the game has some really bad glitches. For example I was on 94 yesterday (my highest round) which took really long to get to and my partner picked up a tank. He drove up to a door with zombies in it and it put him through the door, making him stuck in a zombie spawn. So when he got out of the tank he kept dieing for the rest of the round, making us lose all our lives. I was so pissed I don't know if I ever want to play a long game like that again.