[PC] Easter Egg nearly impossible, maybe bugged? [solved]

....or are we just messing up something nobody notes?

Hey everybody.

We tried the easter egg 3 times. First with 2 ppl. We got totally stuck on the radios. Order correct, both players got staminup, we did it as fast as possible. But it didnt work in about ten attempts.

Next try with 4 ppl. At the radios, we had to do about 20 attempts till it worked. The order was always correct, we did communication with voice, so we really did this well. At the end, we did it f*cking fast, like all 4 radios in 2 seconds :!: :!: This worked then out.

Then horns, no problem at all - first attempt worked.

But, the green light wasnt reflected by the lighthouse... The dials were totally 100% correct, everything was done well. We had to abort, cause we didnt know what's going on.

2nd try.

Radios. OMFG. Again about 20 attempts till we got it. Seriously! That was so annoying. WTF is going on there?

Then the horns later, holy crap. We did it correctly. We tried it out about 10 times. slow, fast, with breaks, fluid, all variations. we even practiced at the end of a round when we messed - well imho we never messed - but the game told us so. And ye I know that you have only one chance per round, I checked always if the sub is there before we did a serious try, when we had a crawler left. Well, at some point we died then all and this try had to be aborted as well.

And believe me, everything was correctly done. Like shown in about 10 different youtube videos i watched, even no-cut ones.

So my question, is this bugged? Is it different on PC than on XBox? And why does it seem so random if something works or not - especially horns and radios?

Ah ye, and for the radios. On XBOX there is that Boxmoving sound, right? This never occurs in PC version. At no point. So could possibly mean that you hit like radio 1-2, then the "sequence" restarts, then you hit 3-4. Since only 3-4 are hit like the game believes, it doesnt work. Then you start again, you hit 1-2, so 4 radios hit: 3-4-1-2. This is wrong, and so the sequence restarts [which you dont notice]. and then you hit 3-4. and only 3-4 is saved in the game sequence code. Could be one theory, but this would be totally mean.

For the horns, I just can say one difference was that in game 1 when it worked the FIRST attempt, some guy had the VR. In the 2nd game not. Maybe that is the reason? But I think, I'd read this, if it was true.

So any PC players can say something about this? MAybe XBOX Players made the same experiences?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the order of events was done correctly:

Knife the door

Get the fuse

Put it in

Let em say "destroy the generators"

Destroy generators [this we do in random order]

Knife the door

Get the Vodka

Give em Vodka

Do the

-dials [nothing happens],

-radios [Light blinking and morse code appears],

-levers [sub comes up, morse stops, light in sky stops blinking]

Do the horns

And there we get stuck.

Does the Green light appear inside the lighthouse? Thats from the Top to the Buttom?

no. in the first 4ppl game, it appeared only outside. in the second 4ppl game, it didn't appear at all.

all i can imagine is that absolutely no radios and no horns must be activated till you start the sequence, cause this may mess something up.

Does the Green light appear inside the lighthouse? Thats from the Top to the Buttom?

no. in the first 4ppl game, it appeared only outside. in the second 4ppl game, it didn't appear at all.

all i can imagine is that absolutely no radios and no horns must be activated till you start the sequence, cause this may mess something up.

Correct, if you touch the radios or the horns before the steps in the egg, then it screws it up. :(

so, finally managed to do it...

I could to the radios all by myself, so it's indeed not timed. Worked the first attempt /wo stamin up. Screw everybody that is telling anything else.

No fog horns were hitten till the point it has to be done, worked also perfectly the first attempt.

But then, still no green light inside the house, although it was shining from the sub. The dials were done before the horns.

Then I messed the dials up and made them good again (just pressing one dial 10 times), but nothing happened. I thought, maybe the correct dial numbers must be set after the horns.

Anyway, we were doing research and stuff, and, in the meanwhile, someone messed the dials up again. About 10minutes later - still same round - i noticed, that the dials were messed up in the meanwhile by someone [it was correct after horns were done, it was correct when i hit that one dial 10 times and stuff]. So i just thought, hey, lets reset them to the correct position and it was like boooom - light in the house.

So the solution to my problems:

Nobody must hit any radios too early. One person should do the radios by himself, to make this safe and sure and slow and correct.

Nobody must hit any horns too early. One person can do the horns by himself, to make this safe and sure and slow and correct.

The dials must be done after the horns.

So the order is then, not mentioning minor stuff, like knifing the door:

1) Do not hit any radios or horns or dials till its mentioned here.

2) Fuse

3) Generators

4) Vodka

5) Radios

6) Levers / Wheel

7) Horns

8) Dials

9) VR11-Zombie-suck up-kill thing

The weird thing is just, that most guides put steps 5, 6 and 8 into one single step. Many guides say to do the dials before the radios, or its just all together in step X and stuff. That could be the difference to the PC version.

I did it twice now like this, worked both times ;) Just now radio miss hits, no fog horn hits till it has to be done, and dials after horns.

Thank you all for your help. [brains] for UK Zombies for making me not be pissed off anymore by this easter egg :)

Yeah touching any of the horns, dials or radios before you need to do the step totally screws it up, also on Xbox.

I remember a guy rage quiting on me cos I hit up one of the horns, on like round 5 it was only then that I realised that this would totally ruin your chance of completing the egg.

One time i did the egg and it didn't go as planned. I did the dials and no morse code was played over the loud speakers. if this is happening redo the levers to the default and then check your dials. You will hear the morse code if you did it right. its obnoxious so you'll hear it.