CoD ELITE F.A.Q.

SOURCE - http://oneofswords.com/pdf/CODEliteFAQ.pdf

Call of Duty® Elite

Frequently Asked Questions

Before we get to some FAQs regarding Call of Duty Elite, we want to share three guiding

principles of the service.

GIVING YOU MORE THAN EVER BEFORE (AND TAKING NOTHING AWAY) - With

over 30 million online players around the world, the Call of Duty community is too large and

diverse to create a one size fits all approach, and Call of Duty Elite must be purely additive to the

experience. The Call of Duty “out of the box” experience that our players expect: a great single

player campaign, co-op missions, and the deepest and most accessible multiplayer anywhere -- at

no additional cost -- remains the same as ever. Our promise to you is this: Elite only adds to the

Call of Duty experience. Nothing will be taken away from the experience you know and love. If

you want to continue to play Call of Duty as you always have, you will still be able to do just

that, including the ability to buy Map Packs ala carte. With Call of Duty Elite, we’re adding a

new choice for those who want to get even more out of the game. Even haters can play for

free.

THE BEST FREE SERVICE ON THE MARKET – How can we say that this is the best? We

believe that the free elements of Call of Duty Elite will be superior to any free service

currently on the market because we are offering more features than any other service out there.

Additionally, many of Elite’s free features which will debut with Modern Warfare 3 are industry

firsts and offer a new level of innovation.

Elite’s free features let you:

- Access Elite through the web as well as Elite’s free custom iOS and Android applications

for smartphones and tablets

- Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends

- Track and share thousands of stats with friends – k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and

loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics

- Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries – who is moving up and

down in your group of friends?

- Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance – where you

killed or got killed, when it happened, and more

- Analyze your weapons performance – which weapons you are best with in which

situations

- Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode

with the touch of a button

- After you analyze your performance to your heart’s content - Customize your loadout –

search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the

game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button

- Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and

compete against – find people who make the game the most fun for you – TDM, Lakers’

fans, Weekend Warriors, whatever you choose.

- Create a private Clan with players who share your interests and skill level

- Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into

the Call of Duty experience.

- Seamlessly be placed into matches into Groups who share your affinities and interests

based on your Facebook profile to elevate your in-game experience.

- Start tracking your Call of Duty career – everything you wanted to know about your

performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops

And that’s just the beginning. The service will continue to evolve and we will continue to add

new features.

A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP THAT RESETS THE BAR - The premium membership of

Call of Duty Elite (which is completely optional) will set a new gold standard for what the

multiplayer and community experience for a console game can be. Why are we not revealing

all of the features that are part of the premium service today? Simple. Because the service was

designed to be deeply integrated with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and will not be

demonstrable until we are closer to the launch of the game. We know seeing is believing, and

over the next few months we will be revealing and demonstrating more of the premium features

and by the end of the summer, we will reveal the entire service in full.

The reason we announced the service today was so we could begin recruiting for a free beta

using the multiplayer community of Call of Duty: Black Ops, which will allow us to test the

service at scale. This is a critical step to us launching the service successfully this fall. So we

appreciate your patience.

Is Elite a new website?

- We’re on the web of course, but we’re designing Call of Duty Elite to be widely accessible

and customized for a number of platforms -- via web browsers, through the game, and

through mobile applications as well – including iPhone and iPad, as well as Android tablets

and smartphones.

Will you be charging for multiplayer?

- No, we are offering players more choice and are not taking anything away from our fans. If

you like playing the way you always have, with a great campaign, co-op and multiplayer

experience out of the box, then you can. Additionally, many of Elite’s key features that

we’ve listed will be free to all Call of Duty players.

What about stats? Do I get free access to my stats with Elite?

- Absolutely. Elite’s Career section gives players an in-depth look at statistical details of their

own performance and gameplay as well as that of the entire Call of Duty community,

including heat maps, load-outs, stat trends, custom leaderboards, and integration of your

Facebook friends. The Career section is free to all registered users.

How will Elite compare to free offerings that currently exist?

- We believe that the free elements of Elite alone will be better than any free service currently

on the market today. Elite ups the ante of any free service by offering a range of innovations

on well-established multiplayer features, such as leaderboards, heat maps, and rich player

data. Additionally, other Elite features are completely new to the industry. For example, with

Elite’s new Groups featured integrated with Modern Warfare 3, you will be able to join

custom groups based on your likes, interests, or affiliations, and then have those groups

follow you directly into the game. Soon you’ll be playing in a social group, making new

friends (and rivals!) who play Call of Duty and share your interests, home town, or play

style.

Is there a beta? When can I try Elite for myself?

- Elite will officially launch this fall with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, but you can try key

features earlier with our free public beta test. In order to deliver the best possible launch this

fall, we need to test the service at scale and get your feedback on key features. The

Beachhead team is working with Treyarch to hold a public beta this summer for Elite with

the multiplayer community of Call of Duty: Black Ops. The earlier you sign up, the earlier

you can play. All you need to do to sign up is register your email address and gamer tag. Sign

up now at http://www.callofduty.com/elite.

Will the beta include everything that comes at launch in November?

- Because Elite was designed to be deeply integrated into Modern Warfare 3, not all of the

features will be able to be part of the free beta with Call of Duty: Black Ops. You will get to

try a number of key features, but the beta will still be just a slice of the full service that

launches with Modern Warfare 3 in November. We plan to test some specific features, such

as the Program Guide and Groups. However, a number of new features and services will be

coming online specifically with Modern Warfare 3. Additionally, a number of our dedicated

applications will be launching this November as well.

Can you tell me more about what “Connect, Compete, Improve” means?

- Connect: Elite will give our players unprecedented control over their Call of Duty

multiplayer experience, transforming it into a true social experience. Players can compete

against friends, players of similar skill levels, players with similar interests. Connect will

include:

o Find and join Groups of people with similar interests

o Create Clans, which are private player groups that can compete with other Clans in

organized competition

o Track your performance, progress and activity within your Groups and Clans through

mobile and web interfaces

o Upload and share your videos with your Groups and Clans

o Access high-quality original video programming, tailored to people who love Call of

Duty

Elite will help players to connect with the Call of Duty community 24/7.

- Compete: Call of Duty players want to compete, but are looking for a way to do it that fits

their skill and style.

o The Program Guide, gives players a choice of dozens of daily and weekly competitive

Events, individual and clan Operations, official Leagues, and Tournaments all

tailored to different skill levels

o These competitions will offer both digital and real prizes - everything from digital

trophies and badges to a new Jeep

- Improve: Everyone wants to improve their game, and Elite will be like having a personal

online coach.

o It provides players with a dynamic strategy guide that tracks their statistics and

performances -- down to minute details -- showing gamers how they stack up against

their friends or others in the community

o Improve will offer continually evolving professional tips and advice. Tools and

information are provided so players can learn and up their game, regardless if you’re

a newer player or level 15 Prestige

The Program Guide sounds cool, but I’m an average player. How can I have a chance to

participate in competition?

- Just like a sport, we believe competing in Call of Duty should be fun and accessible

regardless of skill. Highly skilled players may want to join the most competitive Leagues and

Tournaments, while a more moderate player can find Operations, Events and Clan

competitions that are tailored based on their skill level or particular play style. We want all

Elite players to find a range of competition that fits them, and gives them a chance to

succeed..

Is Elite only for hardcore players?

- Connect, Compete and Improve are universal needs regardless of skill, and Elite has been

tailored for Call of Duty’s diverse base of players. If you are a hardcore “Prestige” player or

a casual weekend warrior, you can enjoy personalized communities, daily competition and

events, community-generated video content, and a dynamic strategy guide that tracks your

statistics and performance trends. Elite also will offer high-production value, original

entertainment programming designed exclusively for the Call of Duty community. Different

players will use Elite in different ways, but we want there to be something for everyone.

Will Elite support Call of Duty: Black Ops?

- Yes. Because Elite was designed to be deeply integrated into Modern Warfare 3, not all of

the features will be able to be part of the beta with Black Ops this summer. When Modern

Warfare 3 launches this fall, players will be able to have a unified relationship through Elite

– they can create a single profile in Elite and build their career in Call of Duty that will carry

forward as they play every supported Call of Duty game.

How is Elite different with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3?

- The Beachhead team has been working closely with Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games

to build Elite from the ground up to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. When Elite

launches this November, the service will include a number of all-new features and

innovations being built directly by the developers into the new game. For example, your Elite

community Group and Clan affiliations and identity will be incorporated directly into

Modern Warfare 3.

When will Elite launch?

- The service will launch with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 this November 8th, 2011.

Where will Elite be available?

- Elite will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. In addition, there will be custom

Elite applications available on iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.

How can I become a member?

- With the roll out of the Call of Duty Elite beta this summer on Call of Duty: Black Ops,

players can sign up on http://www.callofduty.com/elite to queue up for participation. Once the

platform officially launches with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on November 8th, players

will be able to enter the service in through a variety of ways, which we will be announcing

later this year.

So, if I just want to buy Map Packs standalone, I can still do that?

- Yes. Call of Duty Elite has been built around the tenets of value and choice. To us that choice

means that players who purchase Modern Warfare 3, who want to extend the game may

prefer the option of a map pack. We will continue to offer that option. So if you want to just

buy a map pack only, no problem.

If I get the premium membership to Elite, do I really get all of the DLC?

- Yes. Elite is an all-inclusive membership, and that means you get all of the playable game

DLC for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 as part of your premium membership. No need to

buy additional DLC.

Will there be Customer Service?

- Absolutely. It’s a priority for us that Elite membership comes with 24/7 worldwide customer

service. We will have a team dedicated to programming, administration, and service, starting

with our public beta this summer.

Why announce now if you can’t show us all the Modern Warfare 3 launch features and

pricing?

- Elite was designed from the ground up to integrate with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Therefore, many of the services which will be a part of the premium membership will not be

able to be demonstrated fully until the launch of Modern Warfare 3. The reason we launched

the service ahead of that time was to invite people to participate in a public beta of the

service using Black Ops, which will help to test the service at scale and fine tune it before its

official release this November. The premium membership to Elite also will include many

industry firsts, and will represent the ultimate Call of Duty experience.

Are you letting people buy prestige weapons or levels through Elite?

- No, players are not able to buy prestige weapons or levels through Elite. While Call of Duty

Elite wants to help people become better players, there’s still only one way to level up to new

weapons, XP and prestige, and that’s to earn it in game.

When will launch details be released?

- Throughout the summer we will be talking about Elite in detail, so stay tuned for more

information.

Who is Beachhead Studios?

- Beachhead is a new development studio, who is creating the Elite service for the Call of Duty

franchise. We are entirely focused on making Elite the best gaming service in the world, and

improving it every day. Our Beachhead Studio will be supporting our Call of Duty games

throughout the year.

###

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot of free stuff. Makes me think; Did they make more features free after what happened in the world of social media?

I'm still waiting on the price per month for this. CoD Elite will not stop me from buying MW3. Again, MW3 multiplayer is still the #1 priority on my list.

Can't go wrong with free DLC in the paid version of CoD Elite. (Technically not free ;) )

That's a lot of free stuff. Makes me think; Did they make more features free after what happened in the world of social media?

I'm still waiting on the price per month for this. CoD Elite will not stop me from buying MW3. Again, MW3 multiplayer is still the #1 priority on my list.

Can't go wrong with free DLC in the paid version of CoD Elite. (Technically not free ;) )

In regards to pricing, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they said they wanted to keep the monthly subscription fee under that of what people will pay for services like Netflix and Gamefly. :D

What I mean is the stat tracking online. It is nice, but well due.

Sure the stats concept is similar to what they did with WaW on the web, and black ops in game, but pretty sure it's even more in depth, and there are a TON of features we have never seen before, and this is just what they say now, things could change and things can be added.

Interesting, but they are not doing something new. All I hope is that it is accessible via my Zune HD.

Lol that chances of our Zune's getting App's like these are till... the end of the world. :lol: (I bet Windows 7 Phone will have it though.)

But this whole elite is still meh... Although I think the paid for features of course will be Theater, Groups, Prestige weapons?, and Map Packs.

Oh! Lol srry that I have to say this but... BattleLog... :lol: