The Different Zombies Universes (Plus Time and Location of Each Map)

• Administrators

My point exactly. Humanity gets in the way. However, that does not prevent the actual truth from existing. Simply our ability to obtain it.

Which is where the issue lies. The actual truth exists, but our way of perception makes it so that we see it differently, unable to tell which is the actual truth. It puts us back a square one. For example, you and I have very different ways of assessing data, and our pool of data that we use as evidence is different, while some may be same here and there. What I'm saying is that because of this, we have the existence of opinions. So I guess what I'm saying is that open minds need to be kept, and while I reassess all of my data, I hope that you do as well.

I don't like stating something without showing some proof, but I can't post a screenshot for another day or so.

In the candy/sweets store, there are candy box's (the ones with the skull on them) which says "est 1901" (or it says "established 190?" - I can't make out what the last number is)

The clearest one to view is on the ground near the front window(inside between the counter & the barrels in the window). I think it's either an orange or yellow box & light is shining on it which makes it clearer.

I took screenshots last night, but I won't be home for another day or so. It's worth a look.

Can we really say Buried is after April 18, 2000 just because the name is Resolution 1295? I believe its just a hint towards location ie. we are helping Angola. I mean such an event as Resolution 1295 could have never even happened in Zombies world.

Just like Die Rise was Great Leap forward and Tranzit was Green Run. They are just nods to historical events regarding the area the map is located in. I think that is the pattern with these map names.

• Administrators

Can we really say Buried is after April 18, 2000 just because the name is Resolution 1295? I believe its just a hint towards location ie. we are helping Angola. I mean such an event as Resolution 1295 could have never even happened in Zombies world.

Just like Die Rise was Great Leap forward and Tranzit was Green Run. They are just nods to historical events regarding the area the map is located in. I think that is the pattern with these map names.

Yeah, like how TranZit was a code for a new style of Transit, the bus. It's minimal evidence, just something I felt it was alluding to. I'll have to sit on it, but my reasoning was that Great Leap Forward and Green Run both happen after the name of the historical event in their name takes place, so I thought this may be the same.

Something interesting is that the Portugese began the Westernization of Angola when they ruled it in the 1920s. Not Western like a Wild West, but like European, hence te ghost lady's house, perhaps. Many theories on that one.

• 5 weeks later...

Exactly. I like the idea though, it gives us something to research and theorize with.

Looked through the timeline, and I thought something was off here: if Moon really took place during the 60s, wouldn't it basically create a giant paradox? It would mean that the events of CotD and Shangri-La could never have happened, and we all know they had to happen in order for Richtofen to retrieve the Golden Rod and the Focusing Stone. Same with Nuketown. A lot of time traveling is involved in Zombies, but I believe that they always travel forward so that the events don't overlap. Short term time traveling like the Eclipse in Shangri-La doesn't affect other maps, so it was somewhat alright. But Moon, on the other hand, changed the course of the story very differently, thanks to Richtofen taking control.

Also, Green Run doesn't need to happen so long after Moon/Nuketown. When Maxis said he has been searching for decades, obviously he might be referring to the moment after he was transferred into the MPD in 1945, up to the point where he met the New Crew. While the Old Crew was doing Richtofen's bidding, Maxis was doing his own thing. It would also fit Nuketown better, seeing as Marlton was present at the site (though he hid inside a bunker most of the time). The gap between Moon/Nuketown and Green Run is probably only a few days to a week or so, which is enough for certain events to happen (Misty's father getting killed by zombies, Russman meeting Stuhlinger and acquiring the bus, etc...).

• Administrators

Looked through the timeline, and I thought something was off here: if Moon really took place during the 60s, wouldn't it basically create a giant paradox? It would mean that the events of CotD and Shangri-La could never have happened, and we all know they had to happen in order for Richtofen to retrieve the Golden Rod and the Focusing Stone. Same with Nuketown. A lot of time traveling is involved in Zombies, but I believe that they always travel forward so that the events don't overlap. Short term time traveling like the Eclipse in Shangri-La doesn't affect other maps, so it was somewhat alright. But Moon, on the other hand, changed the course of the story very differently, thanks to Richtofen taking control.

Also, Green Run doesn't need to happen so long after Moon/Nuketown. When Maxis said he has been searching for decades, obviously he might be referring to the moment after he was transferred into the MPD in 1945, up to the point where he met the New Crew. While the Old Crew was doing Richtofen's bidding, Maxis was doing his own thing. It would also fit Nuketown better, seeing as Marlton was present at the site (though he hid inside a bunker most of the time). The gap between Moon/Nuketown and Green Run is probably only a few days to a week or so, which is enough for certain events to happen (Misty's father getting killed by zombies, Russman meeting Stuhlinger and acquiring the bus, etc...).

Well, my idea is that there are alternate timelines. Every time we time travel or teleport, we are taken to a new timeline or reality. So therefore, everything can actually happen no matter the time period it's in. For example, everything you do in this reality effects everything in future realities, but no past ones. So seeing as Call of the Dead came first, it effects everything in future timelines (Moon). Moon is second, and it does not effect anything in past timelines (Call of the Dead).

And the reason that the map has to happen so late is because of the Chernobyl references, meaning it's at least 1986 in my opinion.

Well, my idea is that there are alternate timelines. Every time we time travel or teleport, we are taken to a new timeline or reality. So therefore, everything can actually happen no matter the time period it's in. For example, everything you do in this reality effects everything in future realities, but no past ones. So seeing as Call of the Dead came first, it effects everything in future timelines (Moon). Moon is second, and it does not effect anything in past timelines (Call of the Dead).

And the reason that the map has to happen so late is because of the Chernobyl references, meaning it's at least 1986 in my opinion.

Hmm, I guess alternate timelines is a good idea. Wouldn't work with BO2's maps though, since Richtofen and Maxis are still aware of every step the New Crew does. Unless they travel along with you through realities, which would really be a mindfucking situation...

• Administrators

Hmm, I guess alternate timelines is a good idea. Wouldn't work with BO2's maps though, since Richtofen and Maxis are still aware of every step the New Crew does. Unless they travel along with you through realities, which would really be a mindfucking situation...

Here's a Moon quote by Richtofen: "Nothing happened, atleast in this reality." - powerup_antipts_plr_1

Well sort of, actually. Maxis and Richtofen both are in a separate dimension, their own reality. They're in Aether, so they are able to view over all dimensions.

OK, someone pointed out in the "1996 sign in Die Rise" thread a very important detail: when first collecting a Power-Up in TranZit, Richtofen would comment on him just getting used to the Aether. I don't know about you, but I think it clearly means that it hasn't been very long since Richtofen took control of the zombies. The 20-year stretch wouldn't fit very well now would it?

• Administrators

OK, someone pointed out in the "1996 sign in Die Rise" thread a very important detail: when first collecting a Power-Up in TranZit, Richtofen would comment on him just getting used to the Aether. I don't know about you, but I think it clearly means that it hasn't been very long since Richtofen took control of the zombies. The 20-year stretch wouldn't fit very well now would it?

That is one of the few things that we are trying to figure out. It, along with Maxis' quote about "decades", are messing with theories on what is happening. Some suggest that if Moon occurs in the late 60's and Maxis states that he's been looking for survivors for decades, than to say that Green Run is in the late 80's is required.

The thing with the decades quote is that it's fairly unreliable. He could be exaggerating the time, because let's face it, everyone does when they feel something takes forever. Time could also flow differently where he's at, or he could have begun his search way before the rockets hit the earth.

Yes, that is what I believe too. I think he has been searching for people to help him ever since he committed suicide and got sucked into the MPD, which is around 1945. That would mean he wasn't exaggerating when he said he was searching for decades.

• Administrators

The thing with the decades quote is that it's fairly unreliable. He could be exaggerating the time, because let's face it, everyone does when they feel something takes forever. Time could also flow differently where he's at, or he could have begun his search way before the rockets hit the earth.

Yes, that is what I believe too. I think he has been searching for people to help him ever since he committed suicide and got sucked into the MPD, which is around 1945. That would mean he wasn't exaggerating when he said he was searching for decades.

I've wondered that as well, however I don't foresee that as likely. If he had been searching for survivors for decades, starting in 1945, he had found them in 1965+ when Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai arrived on the Moon, so that would've been the appropriate time to say he'd found survivors. That's my opinion at least, plus survivors is a more appropriate term after an event that effect a large amount of people (missiles) than a singular/small group (Maxis in MPD).

I've wondered that as well, however I don't foresee that as likely. If he had been searching for survivors for decades, starting in 1945, he had found them in 1965+ when Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai arrived on the Moon, so that would've been the appropriate time to say he'd found survivors. That's my opinion at least, plus survivors is a more appropriate term after an event that effect a large amount of people (missiles) than a singular/small group (Maxis in MPD).

That's assuming that Moon takes place in the 60's. It works with your "alternate timelines" theory, but if we were to stick to just one timeline and avoid paradoxes, then I believe it has to be at least after 2011, after Call of the Dead.

• Administrators

That's assuming that Moon takes place in the 60's. It works with your "alternate timelines" theory, but if we were to stick to just one timeline and avoid paradoxes, then I believe it has to be at least after 2011, after Call of the Dead.

Kino Der Toten shows the Fernsehturm tower, construction beginning in 1965. Ascension is then after Kino Der Toten, but is in 1963, two years prior. In my opinion, a single timeline theory is not feasible.

Kino Der Toten shows the Fernsehturm tower, construction beginning in 1965. Ascension is then after Kino Der Toten, but is in 1963, two years prior. In my opinion, a single timeline theory is not feasible.

I noticed that. However, the events in Kino didn't affect the timeline in a major way, so I think it could slide. All time traveling events following Ascension, as far as I can see, are all forward, not backward.

• Administrators

I noticed that. However, the events in Kino didn't affect the timeline in a major way, so I think it could slide. All time traveling events following Ascension, as far as I can see, are all forward, not backward.

I would debate that the events in Kino Der Toten influence the timeline in a way that's greater than any single Black Ops 2 map pack up to this minute. Regardless, the two events are identical in their situations and I'm not entirely sure we can call one admissible and the other not. In this instance, I think we need to look at the timeline as a whole and not discount anything pre-Ascension.

• Administrators

I have been always thinking that just because the tower is not ready in Kino doesn't mean it could be way later than during the construction time.

It was abounded after all, because zombie outbreak. So it could be during 70s-80s. Its a ghost town.

Perhaps, it's just that I have trouble thinking that the outbreak stopped progress all through the world. Because then, we'd have to question the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge and things like that, and the intel has described previous breakouts as isolated events, and I feel as though these follow suit. It would make things much less confusing, I admit that, but I.m just not sure of its likelihood.

I have been always thinking that just because the tower is not ready in Kino doesn't mean it could be way later than during the construction time.

It was abounded after all, because zombie outbreak. So it could be during 70s-80s. Its a ghost town.

Perhaps, it's just that I have trouble thinking that the outbreak stopped progress all through the world. Because then, we'd have to question the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge and things like that, and the intel has described previous breakouts as isolated events, and I feel as though these follow suit. It would make things much less confusing, I admit that, but I.m just not sure of its likelihood.

Yeah its hard to think what are the consequences of the out breaks and how far they have spread out and have they been isolated by for example German troops. That can only be theorized at this point. Lets hope Origins gives us answers. :)

It seemed the whole battlefield was overrun it will be interesting to see what consequences it had to France. After all there was zombies under the Eiffel tower in Der Riese picture, we also know Nacht Der Untoten was the second outbreak so now we know first one was in France instead of the other 935 facilities. It very well could have been spread at least trough out the France.