The Different Zombies Universes (Plus Time and Location of Each Map)

I have a little theory going on what we knew last night, but with the new map out, that theory is busted. I will work on it. Seems a lot like the map Kowloon from MP on BO1. So from what I remember is Kowloon was on rooftops in a slum area in China, similar to Die Rise. Tac, I will contact you on skype.

• Administrators

I have a little theory going on what we knew last night, but with the new map out, that theory is busted. I will work on it. Seems a lot like the map Kowloon from MP on BO1. So from what I remember is Kowloon was on rooftops in a slum area in China, similar to Die Rise. Tac, I will contact you on skype.

Let me repeat a quote I had in one of our Skype chats:

[10] [RXS] Lithium: Mao had toured China and concluded that the Chinese people were capable of anything and the two primary tasks that he felt they should target was industry and agriculture. Mao announced a second Five Year Plan to last from 1958 to 1963. This plan was called the Great Leap Forward.

I look directly at 1988 because this seems like the prime time for the "what has become of China now since then" kind of ordeal. Instead of the prominent economy Zedong had wished to see, it would be so much the opposite, it'd be perfect for a zombie setup.

GREAT LEAP FORWARD

PROVINCE 22

DIE RISE

---------------------------

A province (sheng), formally provincial level division, is the highest-level Chinese administrative division. There are 33 such divisions, classified as 22 provinces, four municipalities, five autonomous regions, and two special administrative regions.

------------------------

JILIN, Province 22

Jilin (Chinese: 吉林; pinyin: Jílín; Wade–Giles: Chi-lin, IPA: [tɕǐlǐn] ( listen); Postal map spelling: Kirin), is a province of the People's Republic of China located in the northeastern part of the country. Jilin borders North Korea and Russia to the east, Heilongjiang to the north, Liaoning to the south, and Inner Mongolia to the west. The name was transliterated to Kirin before standardization to pinyin.

The name "Jilin" probably originates from Girin ula ᡤᡳᡵᡳᠨ ᡠᠯᠠ, a Manchu term meaning "along the river"; this was transcribed into Jilin wula (T: 吉林烏拉 / S: 吉林乌拉) in Chinese, then shortened to Jilin. The literal meaning of the Chinese characters for "Jilin" is "auspicious forest".

---------------

CHANGCHUN

Changchun (Chinese: 长春; pinyin: Chángchūn Manchu: ᠴᠠᠩ ᠴᡠᠨ, Cang cun) is the capital and largest city of Jilin province, located in the northeast of the People's Republic of China, in the center of the Songliao Plain. It is administered as a sub-provincial city with a population of 7,677,089 at the 2010 census under its jurisdiction, including counties and county-level cities. The name, which means "Long Spring", originated from the Jurchen language. The six urban districts of Changchun's city proper have a total population of 3,341,700 in 2010 which correspond to the built up area. Known as China's Automobile City, Changchun is an important industrial base with a particular focus on the automotive sector.

-----------------

JAPANESE IN CHANGHUN AND MANCHURIA IN WW2

In 1932 the capital of Manchukuo, a Japan-controlled puppet state in Manchuria, was moved to Changchun from Jilin City (Kirin city) (less than 200 km eastward). The city. then known as Hsinking (Chinese: 新京; pinyin: Xīnjīng; Wade–Giles: Hsin-ching; Japanese: Shinkyō; English trans.: New Capital), a referring to the retreat of the last Qing Dynasty Emperor, Pu Yi, to his homeland in Manchuria, the official cover story used to legitimize Japanese Control inside the nominally independent Manchukuo. Pu Yi resided in the Imperial Palace (Chinese: 帝宮) which is now the Museum of the Manchu State Imperial Palace (simplified Chinese: 伪满皇宫博物院; traditional Chinese: 僞滿皇宮博物院). During the Manchukuo period, the region experienced harsh suppression, brutal warfare on the civilian population, forced conscription and labor and other Japanese sponsored government brutalities; at the same time a rapid industrialisation and militarisation took place. Hsinking was a well-planned city with broad avenues and modern public works. The city underwent rapid expansion in both its economy and infrastructure. Many of buildings built during the Japanese colonial era still stand today, including those of the Eight Major Bureaus of Manchukuo (Chinese: 八大部) as well as the Headquarters of the Japanese Kwantung Army (simplified Chinese: 关东军司令部; traditional Chinese: 關東軍司令部).

------------

CHEMICAL DESTRUCTION AND UNIT 100 (NOVA 6 Crawler connection?)

During the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and World War II the Imperial Japanese Army implemented in Changchun the headquarters of Unit 100 ("Wakamatsu Unit"), under command of veterinarian Yujiro Wakamatsu. This facility was involved in research of animal vaccines to protect Japanese resources, and, especially, biological-warfare. Diseases were tested for use against Soviet and Chinese horses and other livestock. In addition to these tests, Unit 100 ran a bacteria factory to produce the pathogens needed by other units. Biological sabotage testing was also handled at this facility: everything from poisons to chemical crop destruction.

Senior Sgt. Kazuo Mitomo described some of Unit 100's human experiments:

I put as much as a gram of heroin into some porridge and gave this porridge to an arrested Chinese citizen who ate it; about 20 minutes later he lost consciousness and remained in that state until he died 15-16 hours later. We knew that such a dose of heroin is fatal, but it did not make any difference to us whether he died or lived. On some of the prisoners I experimented 5-6 times, testing the action of Korean bindweed, bactal and castor oil seeds. One of the prisoners of Russian nationality became so exhausted from the experiments that no more could be performed on him, and Matsui ordered me to kill that Russian by giving him an injection of potassium cyanide. After the injection, the man died at once. Bodies were buried in the unit's cattle cemetery.

---------------

JILIN TV TOWER;

Wonder if this will have part in EE or story:

-----------

So hope that helps Tac ;)

• Administrators

I have added Great Leap Forward to the list, via PINNAZ's information. That is the bare minimum, so lets keep going and find more stuff. One thing, can we confirm that the Jin Mao Tower is in Province 22? I'm sure it is, but just to be positive?

• Administrators

@PINNAZ: And that is where we are located, correct? This should mean that we ought to see the tower some distance away. I never noticed it when on top of the sweatshop, unless it was destroyed in the process. I apologize if this is the wrong area to discuss it, but I'm only saying this because some fragment of me wants to believe that the image was actually what was to become of the area in the future, yet it hasn't been built yet. I could just be losing my marbles, though.

@ Mr Lithium,

Check my 2nd last post. There is a link to a thread which has more info.

We don't play in that building but it's viewable from the spawn on the left.

I haven't done a thorough theatre mode to see if there is any other info. There's heaps of pictures in the map. Also seeing what all the billboards on the buildings translate to may shed some more light on the location.

Well, we have a definate after date after 1996

That is pretty rock solid.

To theorize on it a bit, "Since 1996"

the nomenclature "Since XXXX" is usually used to show people the durability of a brand, if you established your company or brand today you wouldn't use "Since 2013" on any advertisements. Heck you wouldn't use "Since 2013" usually for a good while, at least 5 years.....more like 10 or 20 years.

just a thought. :)

• Administrators

Well, we have a definate after date after 1996

That is pretty rock solid.

To theorize on it a bit, "Since 1996"

the nomenclature "Since XXXX" is usually used to show people the durability of a brand, if you established your company or brand today you wouldn't use "Since 2013" on any advertisements. Heck you wouldn't use "Since 2013" usually for a good while, at least 5 years.....more like 10 or 20 years.

just a thought. :)

My thoughts precisely. Like my manager at work has a "Helping customers since XXXX and he's been there for years and I just joined a few months ago and don't have that on mine. It looks weird to have it. We've got 1996 via the poster and 1998 via the tower. Good work men, keep it up.

Not sure if this has relevance, but in the spawn room there's two computers that are quite similar to computer models seen in campaign behind the desk. I'm sure we've all seen them, but to me they look very modern-day, and if it were the 90s they would look much different. Also, there are several fridges around the Box's spawn room that have the same texture design as a 2025-era fridge that can be found on the Multiplayer map "Raid." If that's not enough, the zombies that wear armor/uniforms have the SDC logo on their collars (I recommend checking in Theater).

Call me crazy, but Die Rise seems pretty 2025-oriented.

Could the "Great Leap Forward" refer to a great leap forward through time? Die Rise does seem pretty modern compared to Green Run and especially Nuketown/Moon.

Perhaps. However, if all the rockets hit at the same time, it would mean that Moon-GLF would have to be in modern times. Green Run had likely been abandoned after the Hanford Site was shut down, explaining why it looks so outdated. The same can be said for the sweatshop- compared to the other skyscraper, it's extremely outdated. The calculator watch isn't too much of a big deal, I think it was just there to give Marlton more of a nerdy type of character rather than be used as evidence of time. However, I still believe we've been in modern times since Moon. But again, just my opinion, and can easily be wrong as it can easily be right.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've updated the map with Alcatraz, albeit my knowledge is limited right now so if you see anything you think should be fixed, say it! Oh, and I added the characters for each map in there as well.