The Different Zombies Universes (Plus Time and Location of Each Map)

• Administrators

Nice but one thing you should change is Ascension being at Baikonur.

Ascension is a top secret base in the middle of nowhere working on Russias best Aerospace tech.

Baikonur was a rocket test facility that was well glorified and distinct in it's appearance.

Hehe we always argue about this. Can you give me an article of some sort to show me that I am wrong? I am not doubting you, I just want to make sure you are right before I change it :)

This is baikonur from above.

Look down on Ascension from a lander, it is very different.

Let's just face it, if it was Baikonur, there would be a lot more pointing to that, especially since it takes place before Mason's MACV team sabotaged their ICBM division.

Ascension, as we can tell from the radios, was a special facility in a remote location focusing on making weapons such as the Gersch and reverse engineering the Thundergun ,and space travel tech.

While Baikonur was a famed cosmodrome known for putting the first man in orbit, and being the largest cosmodrome ever.

Since Baikonur is never even mentioned or hinted to in Ascension, it makes me believe they are completely different, only similar in the rocket pads, which is all just copied.

• Administrators

Alright I can see that, that makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is why they called the Gersch Device "Project Mercury" because in real life, Project Mercury was the first human spaceflight program of the United States. It ran from 1959 through 1963 with the goal of putting a human in orbit around the Earth.

That's kinda why I was thinking Baikonur, because they mentioned putting ppl into space.

BTW, I guess that for sure shows the time period of the radios right?

Alright I can see that, that makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is why they called the Gersch Device "Project Mercury" because in real life, Project Mercury was the first human spaceflight program of the United States. It ran from 1959 through 1963 with the goal of putting a human in orbit around the Earth.

That's kinda why I was thinking Baikonur, because they mentioned putting ppl into space.

Well Five is during the Cuban Missile Crisis and the phones show that they are linked, so it's 1962 October. And about project mercury, doesn't Gersch say it's the Gersch Device's codename?

Well Five is during the Cuban Missile Crisis and the phones show that they are linked, so it's 1962 October. And about project mercury, doesn't Gersch say it's the Gersch Device's codename?

Yup, he sure does. It appears that "Project Mercury" may have just been a cover up for what was really going on at Ascension, the production of the Gersch Device. Or "Project Mercury" was actually just a codename for the Gersch Device, and they covered up what they were doing by publicly making it look like they were really just trying to send someone into Earth's orbit.

But since "Project Mercury" was the name of the firstUS Human Spaceflight program, why the heck were Russian scientists using it as their codename? Hmmm....

Gersch: I give you my sincere gratitude for that... but, down to business, I am pleased to report all projects are running smoothly again after these recent personal changes. As I had previously mentioned, Yuri Kravcheski is a brilliant scientist, but he has been so far incapable of handling "Project Mercury" - or as you call it, "the Gersch Device", and so due to numerous setbacks and delays I am forced to transfer Yuri to AK64-A experiments. I have decided that your nephew should take his place. I look forward to working with him directly. The recent incident with the Kassimir Mechanism leaves no doubt in my mind that this is the right decision. The explosion caused the Mechanism significant damage, it will take time to re-manufacture all of the parts, unless some of them can be salvaged.

I believe I saw a place of the singeplayer mission in Ascension.

From the luna lander.

If I remember it right, is that big crater thing where you walk next to when you rescued Weaver.

They just copy the textures from the campaign. They're both cosmodromes, so why not make it less work? And that crater is actually a giant exhaust outlet for the Rockets first stage ignition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Alright BlindBusDrivr, would you be ok with me changing it to a random russian cosmodrome, but having in parenthesis in the "right place?" question that it could be Baikonur, but that is 100% unconfirmed?

• Administrators

EDITS DONE:

- Moved Nacht der Untoten's date back one month.

- Added a time period to Shi No Numa

- Added a possible location of Shi No Numa

- Changed the time period of Der Riese to a few months later, and narrowing it down a bit

- Updated the Call of the Dead location

- Made slight changes to Shangri-La time period

Be sure to leave [brains] !

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with BlindBusDriver on this. It's something I've mulled over in my own research. Ascension is not the same Baikonur facility from Executive Order. It's a separate cosmodrome in a secret location. The two locations do use many of the same models and assets in them, so it's easy to get the two confused as being the same.

Check the Executive Order intro cinematic. It has a birds eye view of the Bailkonur facility. The rocket is the same, but the surrounding geography is slightly different than in Ascension. There is also a top-down floor-plan of the map. This top-down view matches the Executive Order map perfectly, but doesn't match anything in Ascension.

g3qOBgRekdg

Personally I think Ascension map looks like the Bailkinur facility from the Executive Order, and the Launch MP map smashed together into one. I don't think there is an actual location for Ascension, other than being in a secret location within Russia.

• Administrators

Well then how do you explain that the blueprints for Sputnik to are on the GKNOVA6 site when it launched for Ascension, and the Sputnik 2 launched from Baikonur. Not to mention the fact that Mason has a 115 tattoo on that mission. If you haven't already, read my OP with new info about the location :D

Wait, I need some clarification. Are you saying that sputnik blueprint showed up on the gknova6.com site at the same time the Ascension map was released? Interesting coincidence. But it doesn't prove they are the same location.

I think the two bases are deeply linked together. Both part of the Russian space program, both being run by the Ascension Group. There is a common purpose and goal here. But I still hold that they are separate locations.

BTW, the Ascension Group logos are different between the Baikonur and Ascension facilities.

• Administrators

Wait, I need some clarification. Are you saying that sputnik blueprint showed up on the gknova6.com site at the same time the Ascension map was released? Interesting coincidence. But it doesn't prove they are the same location.

I think the two bases are deeply linked together. Both part of the Russian space program, both being run by the Ascension Group. There is a common purpose and goal here. But I still hold that they are separate locations.

BTW, the Ascension Group logos are different between the Baikonur and Ascension facilities.

Yes, the GKNOVA6 site was updated for Ascension with the Sputnik 2 blueprints, so I doubt that is a coincidence tbh.

IF they are separate locales, I agree that they are deeply connected, I just don't see why they wouldn't make them the same. What if we made a poll with both our points and let CoDz vote? I mean it wouldn't prove anything but maybe they could throw in some evidence you or I am missing?

Yes, the GKNOVA6 site was updated for Ascension with the Sputnik 2 blueprints, so I doubt that is a coincidence tbh.

Coincidence was probably the wrong word to use in this context. You are right. It is more than coincidence. It was by design. Hate to beat a dead horse, but I think the deep connection between the two Ascension Group rocket sights is the evidence it presents. It's not proof they are the same place.

I also believe Wood's 115 tattoo is just a cute EE nod by treyarch, and nothing more. It's as relevant as the 115 password on the S&D bombs.

I think the evidence of the geography on both maps being different is the stronger evidence.

IF they are separate locales, I agree that they are deeply connected, I just don't see why they wouldn't make them the same. What if we made a poll with both our points and let CoDz vote? I mean it wouldn't prove anything but maybe they could throw in some evidence you or I am missing?

In my theory of the story line, it would make perfect sense for the Illuminati backed Ascension Group, to have a secret rocket testing location separate from the famous Bailkonur rocket facility (which interogator Hudson called "the heart of the Russian space program"). Let the Bailkonur location get all the media attention, while some real dirty work gets done in the shadows at the Ascension rocket location. All the Group 935 facilities we know about, in time of operation, were in secret locations. I dont see why this place would be any different.

Here's a tangent thought: One of the, what I call, "WILD theories" Ive had lately is that the 3 rockets on the Ascension loading screen are representitive of the 3 Russian rocket facilities in the game..... Bailkonur (Executive Order), Launch, and Ascension. It's an alternative idea I've had of the 3 rockets on the loading screen being the 3 rockets on the Moon that blow up the Earth, since it's been pointed out the rockets on the Moon don't have launch towers.

If you want to make a poll, then that's all you. I just hope your intentions are to gather more outside opinions from other codz'ers, rather than escalate this into a big public Tac vs Mix popularity of opinions match. I would like to see some additional input from other members here as well, with new ideas and evidence.

I'm thinking this may have to be another one of those times where you and I will have to respectfully agree to disagree. Seems to happen more often than I'd like. But I do think we still make progress in these instances, and it brings out the best research out of the both of us when we debate. I know I've learned a lot through these excersizes.

• Administrators

Haha I can promise you that if I am to make the poll, my intentions are as pure as they come. I personally hate conflict, or at least in a violent manner. I wouldn't do such a thing as to cause a rift between us. I was even going to not claim who had what thoughts to keep it as pure as they come. I'm not sure if I will to this poll, most likely not, but it would be interesting. I agree to disagree, but you are right it brings out great research. I believe us both to be calm headed people, otherwise we would have broken out into a fight by now. We are mature and we can handle not agreeing, we know how to do that. I respect you for it, not a lot of people can do it. So for that I thank you. We both bring up great points, therefore we should keep being calm as we have. I hope you truly believe me when I say I wouldn't try and make it a huge CoDz debate over who is right and who is wrong, it would purely be for gathering more opinions and rethinking our beliefs. I hope you believe me when I say I wish for no rift, no conflict, or any loathing between us.

Not sure if this is of any use, but during Executive Order, just as you jump over the pipe and switch to the knife to kill the two guards, you can see a rocket launching in the distance.

Just remember, Bailkonur is a very large place. It's not just the rocket and the surrounding area we see. It's possible Ascension may have taken place on it, just in a different area. But than again, maybe not. It's just speculation.

They should've just done what they did for Nacht, Verruckt and Der Riese, where it gives a location or date on all the maps. Would've made it a whole lot easier haha. :P

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this is of any use, but during Executive Order, just as you jump over the pipe and switch to the knife to kill the two guards, you can see a rocket launching in the distance.

Just remember, Bailkonur is a very large place. It's not just the rocket and the surrounding area we see. It's possible Ascension may have taken place on it, just in a different area. But than again, maybe not. It's just speculation.

They should've just done what they did for Nacht, Verruckt and Der Riese, where it gives a location or date on all the maps. Would've made it a whole lot easier haha. :P

so true lol