No Escalation June 2nd

As of 1:30 here in Indiana there is no Escalation in the Playstation Store which is now up, of course Call of the Dead is what I'm concerned about. It was May 3rd for the 360 (which I played thoroughly on a borrowed 360), which was a Thursday, of course Treyarch's site is useless and I can't even find out if it actually released for PC. I assumed it would come out when the Store came back up but now it's up before the expected release date. Considering Treyarch is involved, doesn't even put monkey bombs, gerschs, or an alternative into Call of the Dead, but keeps the Matryoshka Dolls, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it tomorrow, but that's just optimistic pessimism.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As of 1:30 here in Indiana there is no Escalation in the Playstation Store which is now up, of course Call of the Dead is what I'm concerned about. It was May 3rd for the 360 (which I played thoroughly on a borrowed 360), which was a Thursday, of course Treyarch's site is useless and I can't even find out if it actually released for PC. I assumed it would come out when the Store came back up but now it's up before the expected release date. Considering Treyarch is involved, doesn't even put monkey bombs, gerschs, or an alternative into Call of the Dead, but keeps the Matryoshka Dolls, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it tomorrow, but that's just optimistic pessimism.

They never announced the date it came out for PSN, so don't go hating on treyarch or anything. Blame hackers instead..

I hate on Treyarch because they deserve it, I love them for giving us Zombies though. And I don't blame hackers because the Playstation Store is now up, which I mention in the original post. First Strike for PS3 was a month after 360, yet we can't even find out sound information about when it's coming out, and Treyarch is certainly to blame for that. Considering Treyarch gave us the VR11, the worst wonderweapon, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if their incompetence spilled over into the new DLC not being released for another week.

I hate on Treyarch because they deserve it, I love them for giving us Zombies though. And I don't blame hackers because the Playstation Store is now up, which I mention in the original post. First Strike for PS3 was a month after 360, yet we can't even find out sound information about when it's coming out, and Treyarch is certainly to blame for that. Considering Treyarch gave us the VR11, the worst wonderweapon, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if their incompetence spilled over into the new DLC not being released for another week.

Incompetence? Treyarch had no idea when PSN would come back up, first of all, and it isn't like Escalation can be put up on PSN with the click of a button. It takes TIME. Also, how does making the VR11 make them incompetant? They did screw up by making it, but that wasn't incompetence.

They get paid to make something, they do it badly, I call that incompetent, since it should have been very easy to give us players what we want. As far as not being able to put it out with a click of a button, well I have no idea what the process involves, but I imagine they've been in touch with Sony and had a better idea when it'd be back up than us. Regardless though, the store is now back up, now they could at least give a release date, but instead they keep us in the dark. Here's a link (http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/dlc2/burgerman-video) that shows it as "coming soon", the PC had it at June 2 before it was released, but they'll likely dilly dally and we won't get it till the 20th or so. Treyarch didn't even put a pack a punch in a level until the 4th one, I could go on and on about how terrible they are, but I'm going to save it for an epic thread fixing all of their "incompetence", the main reason I joined this forum. I'm just saying that video game makers hate us and purposely make things badly, either to sell sequels or to harness nerd rage to save their dying planet, Treyarch is on the forefront of almost giving us what we want, so I'm saying they're going to go out of their way to not give us the DLC until later.

do you have ANY idea how much work treyarch puts into zombies?

they didn't bring us pack-a-punch untill the 4th level, because the didn't think about it untill then, zombies was supposed to just be a little extra-game or something, which turned into something huge, and the background story? do you know about that?

how much work do you think they've put into the background story, if you know the story, you know that it is HUGE!

don't hate on treyarch for giving us the V-R11, it's a good gun! it can turn your teammates invincible for 15-30 seconds or something, and if you successfully shoot a zombie 3 times with the V-R11, it creates a insanely powerful explosion.

DON'T SAY THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT.

treyarch only failed on the multiplayer, the online part of black ops, but the zombies? NO WAY, zombies is AWESOME.

They get paid to make something, they do it badly, I call that incompetent, since it should have been very easy to give us players what we want. As far as not being able to put it out with a click of a button, well I have no idea what the process involves, but I imagine they've been in touch with Sony and had a better idea when it'd be back up than us. Regardless though, the store is now back up, now they could at least give a release date, but instead they keep us in the dark. Here's a link (http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/dlc2/burgerman-video) that shows it as "coming soon", the PC had it at June 2 before it was released, but they'll likely dilly dally and we won't get it till the 20th or so. Treyarch didn't even put a pack a punch in a level until the 4th one, I could go on and on about how terrible they are, but I'm going to save it for an epic thread fixing all of their "incompetence", the main reason I joined this forum. I'm just saying that video game makers hate us and purposely make things badly, either to sell sequels or to harness nerd rage to save their dying planet, Treyarch is on the forefront of almost giving us what we want, so I'm saying they're going to go out of their way to not give us the DLC until later.

First off, how, in anyway, is it made badly? What does not having a Pack a Punch until der riese have to do with anything? They hadn't come up with it beforehand. They don't make things badly on purpose, btw. Nothing in BO is overpowered (ghost, famas, ak74u are OVERUSED). Besides, they took community ideas, so blame the community if you really don't like it.

Does no one realize that Activision sets the dates for DLCs to come and Treyarch releases them then?

@DavidVonderhaar David Vonderhaar

Yes. Aware the PSN store is up. No. I can't tell you when Escalation will be released because Activision has not officially announced it.

7 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

This was a Tweet by Vahn himself over 7hrs ago today.

Before accusing someone make sure you find evidence to support your claims. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty

First off, I have no idea where 'June 2nd' Came from, just because the PS store was going to come up, DOESNT mean that escalation was coming... I think the team that normally works on making the DLC for secondary consoles, maybe put their time into PC seeing as PSN was down for so long.

It was NEVER official, therefore no one can get upset.

they "do it badly" and yet your still gonna buy it? :facepalm:

that should be the end of the thread right there but i wanna rant.

as many people said, they didnt put the pack a punch in till der riese cause they didnt think about it till then. the levels have grown and grown as they have come up with more ideas.

video game makers dont "hate us". do you realize how many different ideas people have? just looking on here it would make it crazy. people want maps on the moon, area 51, etc. etc. they cant use everyones opinions.

Well, my opinion about this...

XBOX players get the map first. And who is on computer or PSN can wait. You know what this is like? This is like humanity 500 years ago... The father and the sons eat first (and gets the best parts of the meal), and the women can eat all the shit that the other guys didn't wanna have.

It's exactly what Treyarch is doing with us.

Well I got the map today on PC, but anyway, I know everything about all the easter eggs and stuff. So it's just like eating stuff that other guys left over while playing.

I am totally mad that 3arch is playing with the non-XBOX players like they were a piece of shit.

Well, my opinion about this...

XBOX players get the map first. And who is on computer or PSN can wait. You know what this is like? This is like humanity 500 years ago... The father and the sons eat first (and gets the best parts of the meal), and the women can eat all the shit that the other guys didn't wanna have.

It's exactly what Treyarch is doing with us.

Well I got the map today on PC, but anyway, I know everything about all the easter eggs and stuff. So it's just like eating stuff that other guys left over while playing.

I am totally mad that 3arch is playing with the non-XBOX players like they were a piece of shit.

Not 3arch, activision. Always remember, this kind of stuff is not treyarchs fault, but I know what you mean.

@XxJason LivesxX ROFL

Back on topic... kinda- i don't know where OP got that date., he's wrong. as for Treyarch, zombies is a great idea and ti was created by a few guys in the back of treyarch that they added in as a gag. turned out to be awesome and the ONLY reason i play treyarch games. i played some older treyarch call of duty games and i absolutley hated them. mainly because the gameplay and false information about guns. Like the fact scilencers affect stats but don't actually impact the guns range like the stats say or the way the python (love you Colt :)) has horrible accuracy but can shoot across the map as long as you have the sights lined up. every game has it but tryarch doesn't mirror real life very well. how many times have you been killed inn BO multiplayer and screamed "THAT FUCKING KID WASN'T EVEN LOOKING AT ME!" i never have that problem with my MW2.

...end rant. Zombies are awesome op is an idiot and as XxJason LivesxX so nicely put it: go eat more paint chips Re-Re

PlayStation twitter:

Confirmed: Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation DLC hits PSN on June 10th! http://bit.ly/l2rnOp WITH Double XP

http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation

Regards Alpha.

Great.

as everyone says, the realese date and the price of the map packs is decided by Activision, treyarch make the maps, and even activision decides to cut some maps since they could make more map packs instead of "wasting time" on other maps for the map pack. (whenactivision expects them to be working on the next map pack instead.)

I'm glad it's not out yet, as I still can't change my password & add funds yet. If CotD was out & I could see it but not buy it!!! That would be to much for me... :)

I can wait a week, gives me a chance to play with the free stuff from PSN... :D

Regards Alpha.

That's true!!! Take that Activision's CEO!!!! UP-YOURS!! :D