Can Lazarus replace Mustang & sally?

What do you guys think? Can Lazarus replace Mustang and sally? If you dare to say yes explain us why. On an average this gun saves my ash at least once every 2 rounds.So far I am only 50% convinced if this weapon can replace M&S. It's a very critical question, because your starting pistol (which turns into Mustang & sally after PAP) is the only gun you cannot get you replace it with a different weapon.(unless you die out completely)

Also whats your and your partners preferred weapons for higher rounds(past 30)..

*This question is only for people that have made it to higher rounds using Mustang and sally as Backup with a combination of another weapon. So if you have never used M&S or don't know how or when to use it please ignore it.

*And guys I am not talking about replacing this gun in future maps. I am asking people that play with Mustang and sally the entire game if you can safely replace this gun with Lazarus which is another multipurpose weapon but still not as good as M&S IMO.

BTW here is my inventory:

Primary: Hyena Infra dead

Secondary: Mustang and sally.

Perks: Juggernog, PHD Flopper, Stamin up and Quick revive.

Sickle

Matryoshka Dolls

Partners:

Primary: Ray Gun

Secondary: Mustang and sally/Lazarus?

Perks: Juggernog, PHD Flopper, Stamin up and Quick revive.

Sickle

Matryoshka Dolls

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why you're comparing those two out of any weapons.

Mustang and Sally can be powerful but the fact that it totally blinds you and your team with huge plumes of smoke, you pretty much have to get Flopper to make them useful and the fact they run out of ammo fairly quickly makes them less than the most effective weapon.

However on the other end of that post, the V-R11 Lazarus is pretty much a gimmick weapon. I can almost guarantee it won't be seen in any more zombies maps. The thing is pretty bad, other than being able to solve Easter eggs it's useless in my opinion.

At the risk of going off topic, I'll say no, the V-R11 cannot replace Mustang and Sally because it's not the same kind of weapon. Can a Bowie knife replace a Monkey bomb? They both serve their own purposes, neither of which are that useful...

As for my preferred weapons going to round 30 plus are obvious: Raygun and another power weapon. (Scavenger or Pack-a-punched RPK are preferred) Neither Mustang and Sally, nor the Lazarus are worth anything in the late rounds.

Tbh I never use either. I like the upgraded Ray Gun, and the Upgraded Scavenger. I don't think it's worth having anything else in later rounds..

(Although with someone recently posting the lazarus is extremely powerful when you shoot them 3 times I'm going to try that next time I play)

^ Confirmed via videos on youtube lol.

How the hell can you dare compare the Lazurus to the Mustang and Sally. M&S are in my opinion the best power weapon next to the Thundergun and Scavenger. One shot can kill an entire hoard of zombies and you have 60 bullets so you have plenty to spare. The Lazurus on the other hand has an extremely small amount of ammo and its puny crosshairs don't help to conserve ammo.

^ Confirmed via videos on youtube lol.

How the hell can you dare compare the Lazurus to the Mustang and Sally. M&S are in my opinion the best power weapon next to the Thundergun and Scavenger. One shot can kill an entire hoard of zombies and you have 60 bullets so you have plenty to spare. The Lazurus on the other hand has an extremely small amount of ammo and its puny crosshairs don't help to conserve ammo.

Finally some one to agree.It's ability to clear the path on your way to revive some one is unmatched. I know that's why I have hard time to throw this away even without ammo. I would rather have a friend using scavenger and get myself a Lazarus with M&S.

i would say that lazarus is a good replacement like past lvl 40-45 because M&S is not that affective after that. Thats my opinion

I second that but I would not replace it for M&S. I would never trade it. If anything I would replace scavenger-Lazarus-scavenger when ammo is scarce giving my partner a chance to do the same after every few rounds. Cuz at round 40 you know how ammo runs out.

Mustand Sally or Laz.. Hmmm...

I Like M&S in Ascension, but not in CoTD... I'd rather upgrade the scavanger for an effictivley explosive weapon and as far as the Laz goes..

I love it, I DO NOT conisder it a gimmick weapon, it has saved me a number of times, I've squeezed the trigger three times, landed three hits and run thru a swarm with all the distracted zombies..

However, these guns can not be compared... you may as well have asked, "Which super 2ndary weapon do you prefer?" As assuming these are the only two people would choose from is blind. As MOST people DO hate the VR-11... it's well known that people will put it back in the box, for an RPK/HK/RAY GUN or Scav the first chance they get :P .. but IMO I believe people that put it in the box are smart to do so, only because it makes it so I can get it ;) As it's better to have someone use it who knows how to, rather than an imbolent who doesnt understand it's purpose..

KITE!

*All Scavenger fans that are aiming high on leader boards: Even Scavenger upgraded Hyena Infra dead will not kill a horde after 34, it makes crawlers so you either need 2 shots or a combination of Hyena and another explosive weapon like M&S or Law.As you progress it becomes more weaker like on Rd 40+ you need 3-4 shots and at 50+ you need about 5-6 shots. So be prepared to have enough points to put it back in the box and get it back instead of praying for max ammo. Don't worry if you want to pause the game just make crawlers with Hyena so save that last 2 shots.By this points on average both players must have about 100k points.

I am hoping this would qualify for an ideal setup past 50.

----

Me: M&S + any weapon choice below in the order of Most to least preferred.

1.porters X2

2.Anarchy

3.China Beach

4.Awful Lawton

5.Raid

Replaces his M&S for Lazarus on Round 40.

partner:Lazarus + Hyena Infra dead(This combo cannot be altered)

use Lazarus first to get more chances of getting max ammmmmo.

Comments/Suggestions?