Survival Mode *INFORMATION*

This article is from USA Today, therefore it is most likely legitimate:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... arfare-3/1

Here's the juicier bit of the article:

I teamed up with Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin for a couple tries at Spec Ops' new Survival mode on a map currently called Dome, a derelict Cold War-era desert radar command bunker.

As we dispatched ever-increasing waves of enemies, I discarded my pistol for a shotgun. Rubin passed me some in-game currency and I bought and installed a turret to keep the evildoers at bay, while I watched for attack dogs.

After a few waves, the attack dogs became suicide bomber dogs that exploded a few seconds after you shot them. The next wave brought the kamikaze soldiers who exploded similarly.

"You definitely have to change up your strategy as the enemy changes up," Bowling said afterward. "Obviously how you fight the kamakazi dudes is different from how you fight the normal dudes and how you fight a dog is different from a dude and how you fight juggernauts, they are not only big and armored, so they will just brute force come at you. But they each have their own way of being taken out effectively."

Yes, there are juggernauts returning from the previous games; there will be several different types of them, too. But back in the game, I took heed from Rubin on how to counterattack choppers raining fire from overhead. The game has an unlimited number of waves. "We got up to wave 8 which is really a good wave for a first time player," Rubin pronounces afterwards.

He then goes on to add this:

"We have all been challenged. There's such hard-core players out there in the online community and you hear all the stories about the 8-year-olds, 12 year-olds and 13-year-olds swearing and ruining the experience," Condrey says. "With Spec Ops, you can really get in there and hone your skills in a more confined environment. I think it's a little more of an easy entry. I don't have as much time as I did when I was 20 to be honing my twitch skills, but this certainly gives me a venue to experiment."

Adds Rubin, "we added Spec Ops as the third game mode," Rubin says. "That is really stepped up this time. It is really a stronger leg of the tripod."

^Well said, my brotha.

Well this has definitely gotten me even more pumped for Spec Ops mode as a whole, not just Survival Mode (Although that is a major chunk of my excitement ;) )

What do you guys think? "Yay" or "Meh"?

Discuss!

*UPDATE*

An extra bit of info you guys might enjoy, straight from Mr. Bowling's twitter:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading this, it is definite, from my point of view, that they are doing this to milk off of Treyarch's "zombie" success (it was probably Activi$ion's idea. :P )

They more than likely won't do any Spec-ops DLC...again, so the survival mode will get boring at around Christmas time.

Exploding attack dogs? *cough* hellhound ripoff *cough* ;)

Anyhoo, multiplayer is still the selling point for me. Better be hella impressive after MW2 MP completely pissed me off... :x

Sounds like a Zombie mode only without the Zombies and just enemy waves much like the Modern Warfare Ds Version.... It seems IW just copied the zombie mode and added things people wanted... Ie. (Points giving)

I'll just wait and see how this mode turns out...

Edit* Heres the vid of DS version...

8iu1LhKwGu4

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Still gunna be a Gamefly for me unless MP blows my pants off, which i doubt it will.

It's cool that it's on the MP maps and all, but it seems like they'll use the coding from Black Ops' Combat Training and add the effects from Zombies to normal character models/attack dogs.

Cheap yet efficient so all the 12 year olds think it's zombies 2.0

After reading this, it is definite, from my point of view, that they are doing this to milk off of Treyarch's "zombie" success (it was probably Activi$ion's idea. :P )

Yes, I am more than positive this is true. But if you think about it, didn't Treyarch milk off of Infinity Ward's multiplayer success? ;) (Which was also definitely Activi$ion's idea haha)

Yes, yes I know it's not quite the same thing, but it is true, yes?

I do, however, like how IW is adding their own style to it (I.E. Lending currency to another player, leveling up and unlocking stuff like in MP, different types of enemies).

And I think we all should automatically assume that the story behind this won't even come close to the story line behind Nazi Zombies, if there is one at all.

Anyways, I am just excited to see IW really add a lot of variety to their game, and hopefully Spec Ops as a whole will be really good :mrgreen: