Map Pack 3

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there will be a Map Pack 3. The Question is, will they surpass World At War's Map Packs and come out with a 4th one?

There was supposed to be a fourth for W@W but never was. There BETTER be four for BO

Yes, your right. There was to be a Forth Map Pack for WAW. In fact, I heard it was to be Kino. But since WM2 was around the corner that time. They canceled it. Since MW3 has been officially announced it is coming in november(Like Clock Work) there's that chance MP:4 might not make it. Maybe if Treyarch/Activision quicks that Exclusive BS with Xbox. Honestly, whats up with that?

I would like it if Treyarch set Map pack 3 in Paradise

Probably what will happen, but nobody knows for sure where 'Paradise' is

I believe it could be El Dorado...

Nazism & Occultism Link.

In the game Uncharted: Drake's Fortune the main character Nathan Drake comes across a long-abandoned Nazi U-Boat stranded on a waterfall. On it, he finds that the crew are dead and mutilated and a map to a tropic island where the statue of El Dorado was taken to. Near the end of the game, Nathan finds himself in an abandoned German U-Boat base built into the island in which he finds that the Germans had sought for the power of the statue of El Dorado but too late learned that it carries a curse that had mutated them into monsters.

Statue of El Dorado.

Some other interesting points in that link:-

The computer game Return to Castle Wolfenstein featured a plotline involving Nazi obsession with the occult. It portrays an organization (SS Paranormal Division) based on the Ahnenerbe practicing occult rituals and magic. The game drew themes of Nazi mysticism, among other things, from its predecessors, Wolfenstein 3D and its sequel, Spear of Destiny, the latter of which also featured a storyline concerning Nazi mysticism. Wolfenstein, for example, features a number of inspirations from the real-world Nazi regimes, but departs from historical reality in a number of ways. For example, the game aggrandizes the Kreisau Circle to be “an extensive resistance network of paramilitary fighter and informants that aide and abets B.J. [the protagonist] in his exploits,” depicts the Thule Society (that Hitler formally disavowed while in power) as a “powerful nest of Nazis who disappear into the Black Sun and are deeply entangled in the Reich’s paranormal research efforts,” and goes beyond Himmler’s symbolic use of the Black Sun to make it a “limitless energy source that the Nazis are hell-bent :lol: on manipulating toward their own nefarious ends.”

The role playing game Hollow Earth Expedition features a fictionalized Thule Society's attempts at infiltrating the Hollow Earth. The sourcebook, Secrets of the Surface World, further expands the efforts of Nazis to discover and use occult relics.

The Xbox 360 game Operation Darkness features supernatural British commandos (werewolves etc.) fighting Nazi vampires, zombies, and other monsters conjured by Hitler.]

There are lots more interesting items on that page.

Regards Alpha.

I would like it if Treyarch set Map pack 3 in Paradise

Probably what will happen, but nobody knows for sure where 'Paradise' is

I believe it could be El Dorado...

Nazism & Occultism Link.

In the game Uncharted: Drake's Fortune the main character Nathan Drake comes across a long-abandoned Nazi U-Boat stranded on a waterfall. On it, he finds that the crew are dead and mutilated and a map to a tropic island where the statue of El Dorado was taken to. Near the end of the game, Nathan finds himself in an abandoned German U-Boat base built into the island in which he finds that the Germans had sought for the power of the statue of El Dorado but too late learned that it carries a curse that had mutated them into monsters.

Statue of El Dorado.

Some other interesting points in that link:-

The computer game Return to Castle Wolfenstein featured a plotline involving Nazi obsession with the occult. It portrays an organization (SS Paranormal Division) based on the Ahnenerbe practicing occult rituals and magic. The game drew themes of Nazi mysticism, among other things, from its predecessors, Wolfenstein 3D and its sequel, Spear of Destiny, the latter of which also featured a storyline concerning Nazi mysticism. Wolfenstein, for example, features a number of inspirations from the real-world Nazi regimes, but departs from historical reality in a number of ways. For example, the game aggrandizes the Kreisau Circle to be “an extensive resistance network of paramilitary fighter and informants that aide and abets B.J. [the protagonist] in his exploits,” depicts the Thule Society (that Hitler formally disavowed while in power) as a “powerful nest of Nazis who disappear into the Black Sun and are deeply entangled in the Reich’s paranormal research efforts,” and goes beyond Himmler’s symbolic use of the Black Sun to make it a “limitless energy source that the Nazis are hell-bent :lol: on manipulating toward their own nefarious ends.”

The role playing game Hollow Earth Expedition features a fictionalized Thule Society's attempts at infiltrating the Hollow Earth. The sourcebook, Secrets of the Surface World, further expands the efforts of Nazis to discover and use occult relics.

The Xbox 360 game Operation Darkness features supernatural British commandos (werewolves etc.) fighting Nazi vampires, zombies, and other monsters conjured by Hitler.]

There are lots more interesting items on that page.

Regards Alpha.

That . . . Is . . . Awesome!!! :D

Alpha where do you get all of this from? Did you like take a course on the Nazi paranormal projects??? lol

how is alphas post awesome? it looked like a bunch of ideas from other games put in a post. bah.

I dont think that paradise will be released soon enough for anyone to make money. i mean, most people would go buy mw3 first chance, so, just like with mw2 and waw, im betting on no map pack.

which leaves room for another game to have some zed killing fun.

I do not beleive that paradise will be as we think it is. It could never be a true paradise if there are zed attacking. so i would rather hope for paradisial map, but expect another one that adds more or leaves paradise for another day.

after all:

"We must prefer real hell to an imaginary paradise."

-Simone Weil

• 2 weeks later...

Well seeing as MP3 is coming out less than 2 months after MP2, i can almost guaruntee they want to run out a MP4

The Pandas out...

Like I was saying (trying to sound smart), If this comes out June 28, it most likely will come out late July for PS3/PC, early/mid August we'd hear about mp4 possibly, late August/early September we'd have mp4 coming out on xbox and late September/early October we'd see mp4 coming out for PS3/PC

Shangri-La sounds awesome ! :D

but we will have to wait and see, they said something about new guns, new traps.

that's good, because zombies do need to be a bit new, because it's the same on almost all the maps on black ops... same guns(expect the wunderguns).

both map packs have given us new perks, so maybe they give us one more new perk?

Well seeing as MP3 is coming out less than 2 months after MP2, i can almost guaruntee they want to run out a MP4

The Pandas out...

It would be amazing if they do a 4th and it's all zombie maps.

So much this.

I can just remember anticipating Map Pack 4 for months after Der Riese came out with all the easter eggs until MW2 finally released.

Oh, dearie me.... everyone says that trey are obviously gunning for a mp4.....

i mean REALLY.... think about time lines guys.... people said the same thing for the longest time about waw.... if you think about it, this year isnt too far off of the release dates for waw at this time... so if psn gets the map sometime around july aug, whats only a few months after that? Every COD game to date has been released in november. So why would mw3 be different. Honestly, would you go and release a map when Millions of people are going to be buying the game only a few months later? Just like it could have been before with waw. that would be a huge finiancial disaster.

its like buying an ipod nano(the originals) a week before the updated ipod nano came out. bad idea.