just a small topic about kino's comic page

hey guys at codz.

ive been looking around everywhere for clues about the hinted remaining secret at kino and i noticed something.

the comic book page at the start of the single player,ummm,its hard to describe but there is no middle line to suggest it was anytime inside a comic book.

now im not suggesting something like("its because its a whole difrent comic book and its real and shet") but i am wondering.

if you look at the comic book page.the page itself looks very old and worn-out,also notice that the actual kino der toten is not at all displayed at the comic.which leads me to suspect this is an added map(probobly due to populer demand)and not that entirely(there are some probobly)involved in the story line(i personally think that kino is a summary of the plot so far,not a progress).

im sure someone out there will correct me. but if you look at the story line in kino,it does seem kinda fishy with maxis being there.(if i remmber correctly maxis died by suiciding at der riese,if so,how the F(Friendly :D) word did he get to kino?).

also forgot to mention is if i remmber correctly maxis died at der riese in the past,so i dont think we could expect see him in the future at kino(even if he went back to the past its not hard task to just go back and reverse this whole thing)

All in all this its an awasome map,I like the comic book idea,and I like the amazing plot here.

so if anyone can come up with any good explanation i'd be satisfied

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea it seems the timeline is very unpredictable as I stated in my CotD and DR thread in Zombie Research Facility (Not trying to solicite :lol: )

Add Kino to that because it seems that BASED ON RADIOS it goes CotD during the Radio time period, and Verruckt is simultaneous, Der Riese during the radios, then maybe Kino but then that isnt correct with Maxis dead

Looking at it, i'd say it was on a table with various mechanical items on it.

But back on topic, i'd say that the final (bottom right) frame is Kino, as the dates are coming up next to it.

I think this because the Teleporters are ever so slightly different, but not showing any of the map itself builds suspense for first time players of Kino, it also puts it into perspective that they have never been there before, and do not know what the future holds (location wise, there's obviously going to be zombies!)

• Administrators

Just as a correction, Maxis didn't die at all (I mean he's not confirmed dead), he is in Aether. We do know that they were at Kino, so maybe before Der Riese? I read somewhere that in Zombies, you can't go to the past, so I don't think he could have gone and corrected anything. That poses a problem I cannot provide an answer to. I give all credit to AlphaSnake on this one, what I am about to say was in one of his long posts, not sure which and I don't want to look through them. He said that maybe they were at Kino FIRST after getting 115, made teleporters there etc. then moved to Der Riese.

hmm that would explain it Tac. Anyway i barely had any clue to this aside from tank being in what appears to be Shi no numa (Third image) and all of them later in the teleport.

I just opened this discussion up because it seemed out of place

FYI Tac to me stands for tactical insertion because my friend is actully called Tac and he uses it alot:P

Spwan camping For The Rage :twisted:

• Administrators

I have a new theory that I think is dead on!

It is confirmed that Nacht der Untoten is 2nd outbreak (don't have the link on me), so I think the first is Verruckt, then NDU, then Kino, then DR, then FIVE, then Ascension, then CoTD.

My reasoning:

I don't want to post my whole theories, so here are summaries.

Basically, Dempsey and the recon unit are sent to extract Peter, Dempsey is caught, the marines are left to fend of Zombies. The Nazi's in Verruckt leave to Kino. (I say this because in the SNN radio the guy says they failed to contain the Asylum and had to move experiments "here". The only other testing site that we know besides DR and Verruckt is Kino). Trying to prevent more zombies from spreading, the Marines took a plane filled with 115. Element 115 has inherent electrical properties and it jammed the plane’s electrical mechanisms, causing it to crash. The 115 then caused the dead soldiers on the old battlefield to turn into zombies.

So that makes sense to me. We know he was at Kino before DR, but it wouldn't make sense for it to be in the first spot. So Verruckt broke, 935 moved testing to Kino (remember testing was still going on at DR), NDU broke on the Marines, soon after that, Kino broke out on 935 and they moved everything they could over to DR. DR was breaking, Richtofen killed Maxis, DR broke. BOOM SOLVED!

Kino Der Toten is the map that they teleport to from Der Riese. Just look at the beginning photo. The two bottom pictures are from Der Riese. They put Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt, and Shi No Numa on the top row, then on the bottom row it shows the guys in the teleporter on the first picture on the bottom, then it shows you them teleporting...THEN you end up in Kino. When you start the game (Kino) you just land on the teleporter in the front room from Der Riese.

The second picture on the bottom is obviously Der Riese because look at the little clock. It's the one that says "you have 20 seconds to link to the mainframe" from Der Riese.

• Administrators

Kino Der Toten is the map that they teleport to from Der Riese. Just look at the beginning photo. The two bottom pictures are from Der Riese. They put Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt, and Shi No Numa on the top row, then on the bottom row it shows the guys in the teleporter on the first picture on the bottom, then it shows you them teleporting...THEN you end up in Kino. When you start the game (Kino) you just land on the teleporter in the front room from Der Riese.

The second picture on the bottom is obviously Der Riese because look at the little clock. It's the one that says "you have 20 seconds to link to the mainframe" from Der Riese.

EXACTLY!! Man I have the outbreaks figured out! So proud.

• Administrators

im pretty sure it shows the maps in order from when they were released, nacht, verruckt, shi no, der reise, and then kino

It shows them in order of when released, but not when the breakouts occurred.

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure I just said that :?

Yes, it is what you said but I thought you were saying it in a way that disagreed with my saying the breakout order. That was just a miscommunication because it's text :P Sorry about that.

Well, I thought we all knew the meaning of this, but I guess not.

Guys, look the image of Shi No Numa. I have two questions for that one.

1. Why is Dempsey in there outside of the map?

2. Is someone getting slapped around by the zombies in front of Dempsey? It seems as if they're crowding around someone or something.

• Administrators

Well, I thought we all knew the meaning of this, but I guess not.

Guys, look the image of Shi No Numa. I have two questions for that one.

1. Why is Dempsey in there outside of the map?

2. Is someone getting slapped around by the zombies in front of Dempsey? It seems as if they're crowding around someone or something.

1. I was wondering the same thing

2. I think that they are just crowded coming at him, not necessarily crowding around something.

It is confirmed that Nacht der Untoten is 2nd outbreak (don't have the link on me), so I think the first is Verruckt, then NDU, then Kino, then DR, then FIVE, then Ascension, then CoTD.

My reasoning:

Basically, Dempsey and the recon unit are sent to extract Peter, Dempsey is caught, the marines are left to fend of Zombies. The Nazi's in Verruckt leave to Kino. (I say this because in the SNN radio the guy says they failed to contain the Asylum and had to move experiments "here". The only other testing site that we know besides DR and Verruckt is Kino). Trying to prevent more zombies from spreading, the Marines took a plane filled with 115. Element 115 has inherent electrical properties and it jammed the plane’s electrical mechanisms, causing it to crash. The 115 then caused the dead soldiers on the old battlefield to turn into zombies.

So that makes sense to me. We know he was at Kino before DR, but it wouldn't make sense for it to be in the first spot. So Verruckt broke, 935 moved testing to Kino (remember testing was still going on at DR), NDU broke on the Marines, soon after that, Kino broke out on 935 and they moved everything they could over to DR. DR was breaking, Richtofen killed Maxis, DR broke. BOOM SOLVED!

I wouldnt believe this. First off, DR was the first spread because all first zombies were made there. This would mean that Verruckt would be around the middle outbreak. SO now we have DR, NDU, Id say next would be Verruckt. Seeing that the four main charater are not out yet. then id say SNN. From there to DR again to fend off the zombies(by now DR already has zombies). Then they telport/time travel to kino to fend off zombies AGAIN. From there i cant piece Ascenscion because i dont think the lander would pick them up(yet ppl say it does). then Seeing as there is the Gersch EE our heroes travel to COtD. where we meet the AWESOME Mexican(Machete), Buffy, Englund and the last one(cant remeber his name at all).

• Administrators

My reasoning:

I wouldnt believe this. First off, DR was the first spread because all first zombies were made there. This would mean that Verruckt would be around the middle outbreak. SO now we have DR, NDU, Id say next would be Verruckt. Seeing that the four main charater are not out yet. then id say SNN. From there to DR again to fend off the zombies(by now DR already has zombies). Then they telport/time travel to kino to fend off zombies AGAIN. From there i cant piece Ascenscion because i dont think the lander would pick them up(yet ppl say it does). then Seeing as there is the Gersch EE our heroes travel to COtD. where we meet the AWESOME Mexican(Machete), Buffy, Englund and the last one(cant remeber his name at all).

Not true dude, NDU is confirmed the 2nd outbreak, it was from Treyarch themselves, I am searching for links but everyone on CoDz knows it. But were talking in terms of outbreaks, not when we get there, so the time-travel thing is irrelevant. After Verruckt broke out they moved testing to Kino, which then broke out after Maxis tested with NOVA 6 THEN DR, it broke out, and it went to shit for them from there.

• Administrators

Lol since when does the teleporter take you forwards in time?

Have you ever played nazi zombies or what ? -_-

Awesome theory TacticalInsertion, [brains] to you !

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

Is that part of Der Riese's loading screen that's behind the Kino comic?

That's what I thought at first, too. But, IMO, It doesn't exactly match up. You'd have to confirm it by placing the Der Riese loading screen above/below it to help you match it. I guess, to me, it just doesn't match up right. Of course, you can always just check to make sure.