Scavenger: Wonder Weapon or No?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you this. If you run around in the Second Floor, wait for at least 24 of the to be behind you. Fire a shot at one, doesn't really matter if you hit on in the middle of the crowd or close to you. Un-Packed, it will STILL Kill every one. So yeah. Wonder Weapon.

Round 50 on CotD. It takes SIX SHOTS WITH THE SCAV TO MAKE THEM CRAWLERS :'(

People are syaing that it is like a scoped Thundergun, but there is no way you can validate that point - have we ever seen the thundergun fail to kill a zombie in 1 shot? Nope :P This however is just a large explosion that eventually becomes pretty useless as you start getting to the reaaally high rounds :P

Still, tis a wonder weapon.

Also, the VR-11 is certainly a Wonder Weapon. I mean come on, it can grant invincibility + insta kil lfor God's sake! Tis EXTREMELY awesome :D

Yes we have, It will still just knock some of them over, so technically it does take more than one shot to kill them.

Also, i think the awesomeness of it is just personal preference, i personally hate the thing and wish it wasn't there, but some love it...

I consider the Mustang and Sally a wonderweapon, it's certainly far more wonderful than the useless VR11, the upgraded crossbow is better than the upgraded VR11 and it's not a wonderweapon. Everytime I play a level with flopper I go for the M&S because they're major crowd clearers and keep me from getting cornered, I usually won't even ge the ThunderGun in Ascension, but I definitely get the Scavenger, if it exploded a bit sooner it'd be even more amazing. Now that they have a super sniper, they need a super shotgun similar to the one in Dead Ops, and they need a super assault rifle, or they could put the deathmachine in the box. That way every class of weapons would have a superweapon and there could be superweapons for all 4 players instead of 1 plus M&S when there is flopper. I'm a firm supporter of M&S and I likewise give similar support to the Scavenger, which is the real wonderweapon in COTD since the VR11 is practically useless, if you can even hit a zombie with it.

Scavenger is like a wonder waffle but its like a sniping crossbow

First of all the correct term for your so called "Wonder Waffle" is WUNDERWAFFE.

Secondly, how is it like a crossbow at all? I mean on the Scav you don't have bolts/arrows

and the Scav obliterates any zombie in its path.

First of all the correct term for your so called "Wonder Waffle" is WUNDERWAFFE.

Secondly, how is it like a crossbow at all? I mean on the Scav you don't have bolts/arrows

I get what they mean, when you shoot it it does act and feel like a crossbow bolt just with a much bigger explosion. I dont know exactly what it shoots but it's like a definitely more like a crossbow bolt than any other ammo on zombies. Plus the explosion is delayed exactly like a crossbow bolt is.

lol i never understand people who are so anal about not calling the wunderwaffe the wonderwaffle. i mean in Der Reise i think tank even calls it the wonder waffle, but more importantly who gives a shit lol?! :D

Tell you this. If you run around in the Second Floor, wait for at least 24 of the to be behind you. Fire a shot at one, doesn't really matter if you hit on in the middle of the crowd or close to you. Un-Packed, it will STILL Kill every one. So yeah. Wonder Weapon.

Round 50 on CotD. It takes SIX SHOTS WITH THE SCAV TO MAKE THEM CRAWLERS :'(

People are syaing that it is like a scoped Thundergun, but there is no way you can validate that point - have we ever seen the thundergun fail to kill a zombie in 1 shot? Nope :P This however is just a large explosion that eventually becomes pretty useless as you start getting to the reaaally high rounds :P

Still, tis a wonder weapon.

Also, the VR-11 is certainly a Wonder Weapon. I mean come on, it can grant invincibility + insta kil lfor God's sake! Tis EXTREMELY awesome :D

You are that One person I can agree in the entire thread..Been there done that.

I consider the Mustang and Sally a wonderweapon, it's certainly far more wonderful than the useless VR11, the upgraded crossbow is better than the upgraded VR11 and it's not a wonderweapon. Everytime I play a level with flopper I go for the M&S because they're major crowd clearers and keep me from getting cornered, I usually won't even ge the ThunderGun in Ascension, but I definitely get the Scavenger, if it exploded a bit sooner it'd be even more amazing. Now that they have a super sniper, they need a super shotgun similar to the one in Dead Ops, and they need a super assault rifle, or they could put the deathmachine in the box. That way every class of weapons would have a superweapon and there could be superweapons for all 4 players instead of 1 plus M&S when there is flopper. I'm a firm supporter of M&S and I likewise give similar support to the Scavenger, which is the real wonderweapon in COTD since the VR11 is practically useless, if you can even hit a zombie with it.

M&S and VR11 are the 2 guns you can rely on in the higher rounds.50+

Scavenger = ray gun which is only used to make crawlers so you can re-buy vr11 from the box.

There fore I don't considerScavenger as a Wonder weapon. But there can only be one scavenger and VR11 per team, so I guess in that terms it might be. But really in higher rounds I trade in scavenger for a Crossbow or LAW which in combination with VR11 upgraded is extremely useful.

okay, seriously, the scavenger blows when you reach round 40-50...

you get 18 rounds when fully loaded(36 when PaPed).

in round 40/42(not sure) it takes 3 shots to kill them.

meaning you can use it for one round, and you're empty.

in round 50 the zombies take 5 shots to kill with the scavenger...

51 and 52 it takes 6 shots to kill them...

meaning you only have enough ammo to take away like 1/8 of the zombies that round...

overall i would rather go with the PaPed M72 and the ray gun(both require double tap and PhD flopper for getting out of corners).

overall i would rather go with the PaPed M72 and the ray gun(both require double tap and PhD flopper for getting out of corners)

I am assuming you are going to use those after you get zombie vision from VR11 Lazarus otherwise I think they are hardly even good to make crawlers even when pap'ed at 50+.

*Also Dolls are good at any round

BTW let me know if you are interested in making a record run sometime soon. (70 Rounds??)

I don't think it should be considered one.

All the official Wonder Weapons have a clear use of 115 defaulty.

The scavenger only gets any sign on Uup-115 when upgraded.

It also seems that it uses nuclear fission on a tiny scale to create its large blast.

Also, HYENA is an Ascension thing, Like LUNA and HITSAM. - Not Produced by Group 935

The upgraded rounds are either a different element used for a nuclear reaction or introduction of UuP 115 into the reaction.

overall i would rather go with the PaPed M72 and the ray gun(both require double tap and PhD flopper for getting out of corners)

I am assuming you are going to use those after you get zombie vision from VR11 Lazarus otherwise I think they are hardly even good to make crawlers even when pap'ed at 50+.

BTW let me know if you are interested in making a record run sometime soon. (70 Rounds??)

it only takes 3 shots of the LAW to make crawlers in round 50 :P and then just flop them over and over again, or just shoots the ray gun.

ofcourse dude :D but i'm not the owner of the 360 in this house, that's my brother, but i will be getting escalation tomorrow for the ps3 ;) then when can try, i got alot of time on saturday, wanna go for a record then?

Well, yes the scav sux in 40+, but a Ray, M&S, Anarchy is as well useless if the rounds go higher and higher. Once I've done a run to 74 on Ascension, none of those kick-ass guns felt like doing any damage in time or with not emptying 80% of the ammo.

So the only guns that worked were Gersh, Thunder, Traps, well, just those with infinite damage.

The question is, does a Wunderwaffe need to have infinite damage? And if you wanna consider the scav a Wunderwaffe, is the M&S and co. also a Wunderwaffe? Well I don't know.

Well, yes the scav sux in 40+, but a Ray, M&S, Anarchy is as well useless if the rounds go higher and higher. Once I've done a run to 74 on Ascension, none of those kick-ass guns felt like doing any damage in time or with not emptying 80% of the ammo.

So the only guns that worked were Gersh, Thunder, Traps, well, just those with infinite damage.

The question is, does a Wunderwaffe need to have infinite damage? And if you wanna consider the scav a Wunderwaffe, is the M&S and co. also a Wunderwaffe? Well I don't know.

i know, but all those guns work in round 50-55, but then they stop working at all...

The wunderwaffe has infinite damage ; ) but it kills a maximum of 10 zombies at the time

it only takes 3 shots of the LAW to make crawlers in round 50 :P and then just flop them over and over again, or just shoots the ray gun.

ofcourse dude :D but i'm not the owner of the 360 in this house, that's my brother, but i will be getting escalation tomorrow for the ps3 ;) then when can try, i got alot of time on saturday, wanna go for a record then?

I don't beleive this.

If Hyena takes more than 3 shots to make crawlers, 3 shots of Law Anarchy won't even tickle these freakbags.

LAW pack a punched deals 3000 damage vs scavenger Pack a punched deals 11320 damage

9000 vs 34000 aren't the same.

I am ready to play whenever you are. Leave me a message ahead so I am not in the middle of a game.

I don't beleive this.

If Hyena takes more than 3 shots to make crawlers, 3 shots of Law Anarchy won't even tickle these freakbags.

LAW pack a punched deals 3000 damage vs scavenger Pack a punched deals 11320 damage

9000 vs 34000 aren't the same.

I am ready to play whenever you are. Leave me a message ahead so I am not in the middle of a game.

but then again, with the scavenger you don't deal damage to their feet, mostly to their bodies.

with the LAW you deal that much damage exactly to their feet, and their feet ain't that strong : P

same with mustang and sally, that is supposed to do 1000 damage, it makes crawlers in 4-5 shots in round 50

"First of all the correct term for your so called "Wonder Waffle" is WUNDERWAFFE."

Jeeze Louise, chill out :o Reminds me of someone that hated on one of my youtube videos because I said Nades instead of Grenades xD

Anyway, Matryoshka dolls FTW at any round :D

It also seems that it uses nuclear fission on a tiny scale to create its large blast.

And finally, where is the evidence for this? :S

- Waffles :D

Sorreh Waffles the WUNDERWAFFE thing was me :( I have a habit of correcting people and have been doing it for 4 years :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm down for making a record run.

• 2 weeks later...