Classic Maps put into Map-Pack for Black Ops.

See 'Xbox 360 DLC Exclusivity Contract through 2012'... That involved a HUGE amount of money on M$'s part.

no link, just a vague comment? Ok.

The things are not even connected, sorry. All that says is that again Xbox Will have all maps a while before any other console, that's the only "exclusivity" described there. It has no bearing whatsoever on the classic maps. None whatsoever.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See 'Xbox 360 DLC Exclusivity Contract through 2012'... That involved a HUGE amount of money on M$'s part.

The things are not even connected, sorry. All that says is that again Xbox Will have all maps a while before any other console, that's the only "exclusivity" described there. It has no bearing whatsoever on the classic maps. None whatsoever.

You failed to see the connection. Microsoft pays mad money for early DLC, and that's what you guys paid extra money for the Hardened or Prestige - EARLY exclusive content. You got exclusive content (classic maps), but it's just early exclusive content that you paid extra money for. Eventually everyone will be able to buy the classic maps, but Prestige and Hardened owners paid extra for getting the maps early. Just like MS pays extra money for early new DLC. You see the connection now I hope.

I'm just saying Activision could release them, and then tell all the current map owners that complain about it "Sorry, You really just paid for a year exclusivity with the classic maps"

You failed to see the connection. Microsoft pays mad money for early DLC, and that's what you guys paid extra money for the Hardened or Prestige - EARLY exclusive content. You got exclusive content (classic maps), but it's just early exclusive content that you paid extra money for. Eventually everyone will be able to buy the classic maps, but Prestige and Hardened owners paid extra for getting the maps early. Just like MS pays extra money for early new DLC. You see the connection now I hope.

I'm just saying Activision could release them, and then tell all the current map owners that complain about it "Sorry, You really just paid for a year exclusivity with the classic maps"

and a medal, and an avatar, and (if prestige) an RC car.

To those people who are complaining about it being unfair that they would release the classic maps for everyone, your head needs to be examined. You sound like Golum from Lord of the Rings..."OOOH MY PRECIOUS!!! NO ONE CAN HAVE THEM BUT MEEEEEEE!!!"

First of all, you've had them since last year. Secondly, you don't have many people to play them with because there are very few people who have them. Third, what about the people who bought them off ebay? They didn't buy prestige or hardened editions and they got the maps. Why don't you cry about that? "ooh it's not fair to me because I worked hard to get hardened blah blah blah" didn't you ever learn how to share when you were a kid? Seriously that pisses me off that you guys think that your the only people who deserve those maps. I can't believe people like that even exist. Greedy greedy greedy.

To those people who are complaining about it being unfair that they would release the classic maps for everyone, your head needs to be examined. You sound like Golum from Lord of the Rings..."OOOH MY PRECIOUS!!! NO ONE CAN HAVE THEM BUT MEEEEEEE!!!"

First of all, you've had them since last year. Secondly, you don't have many people to play them with because there are very few people who have them. Third, what about the people who bought them off ebay? They didn't buy prestige or hardened editions and they got the maps. Why don't you cry about that? "ooh it's not fair to me because I worked hard to get hardened blah blah blah" didn't you ever learn how to share when you were a kid? Seriously that pisses me off that you guys think that your the only people who deserve those maps. I can't believe people like that even exist. Greedy greedy greedy.

First of all. PC DIDNT HAVE A HARDENED/PRESTIGE EDITION.

How is it "Unfair"? Yeah sure, I can understand why PC gamers would be upset about it, but console players? Pfft. Please tell me im dreaming. The classic maps aren't honestly any better than they were in WaW, if anything, I dislike them MORE because of the BO guns being in the mystery box, instead of strong favorites like the Ppsh-41, Browning M1919, and the beastly MG42.

Stop crying, please. The maps are still in WaW, go play them there. :facepalm:

Being an Xbox owner who went out and bought the hardened edition like 2 weeks ago just for the maps, I can say even though I spent a bunch of money on it, I want them to release the maps to everyone. Seriously, every time you try and get on a Classic Map on BO, there's like 50 people playing Nacht, 20 combined people playing Shi No and Verruckt, and 200 people playing Der Riese... It sucks, and we need more people playing these maps... I'm not going to cry if no one gets them, but fuck exclusivity, lets get some better players on there...

As for this guy ninezerowill above me, I don't know if you played the classic maps but the BO zombie game engine is a billion times better than the WAW game engine, and with WAW being modded out in every lobby, its reasonable that people don't want to go play that... You keep telling people to stop whining, but all I see if YOU whining about other people... Shut up and go play WAW if you think its that awesome...

It is an absolute drag that the OG maps remain illusive to those who wither didn't have the foresight to buy the special edition discs or wanted to hold out spending the extraa billfold rigt out of the gates. The real kicker is that many of us assumed that the maps would later be available to the general public after a period of exclusivity. The unfortunate reality is that in a time of rampant piracy and a decreasing need for big box retailers as physical game discs are replaced by digital downloads exclusive content is one of the last incentives at a publishers disposal to fuel physical copy fist run sales. Look at how many Retailers pay huge sums to maintain fleeting sales by securing rights to exclusive in game content to people who lay a deposit down for pre orders. The situation with black ops is just a variation on the theme.

... This is posted from my blackberry, I'm aware the typing is probably a mess

Many people, including myself, didn't get the Hardened or Prestige edition of Black Ops and those who did got codes for the classic maps revamped for Black Ops. I didn't have much money at the time but I was still able to get the normal version. I think it's unfair that only people with a ton of money can get that kind of version of a game. If any of you agree this is unfair please reply.

No. That would never happen, and it isnt going to. Suck it up, they arent even that good, theyre better for WaW.

YOU ARE WRONG!

Many people, including myself, didn't get the Hardened or Prestige edition of Black Ops and those who did got codes for the classic maps revamped for Black Ops. I didn't have much money at the time but I was still able to get the normal version. I think it's unfair that only people with a ton of money can get that kind of version of a game. If any of you agree this is unfair please reply.

No. That would never happen, and it isnt going to. Suck it up, they arent even that good, theyre better for WaW.

YOU ARE WRONG!

YES HE IS! The reason why many want it for Black Ops is the updated engine and different guns. I can't wait to play on them, because there will be a different feel for the maps.

Now, get off my bus.

i did buy the prestige edition i would find it unfair if people dident buy it its there fault i busted my ass off for 3 weeks mowing lawns and pulling weeds with my bare hands. :x

What about the people that did bust there asses as well but couldn't come up with the money? I get that it's limited, but like me; I seriously did not have the money at the time, but do now. One way to look at it is, you still have a unique case, medal, etc; you paid for your maps then, everyone else would pay for them now :P

But it's still not fair. That would mean LEGALLY Treyarch would have to make 4 new zombie maps, exclusively for download for owners of the original classic maps. And then people would complain then.

Well, when you're right, you're right. But, alas, I guessed right about this one :P

I love how this really DID happen. You, sir, must feel like an idiot.

I love how this really DID happen. You, sir, must feel like an idiot.

@ turbodude917

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad they did this WaW runs way slower and seems to lag a little bit now, that's prob from playing BO cuz its much smoother, I think that's why I notice now.

Treyarch clearly did this with the knowledge that in a couple months no one is going to be playing BO multiplayer anyway, so why not allow people to keep playing by giving out 5 zombie maps, something that MW3 won't offer...

I myself am thrilled. I already have the 4 Classic Maps, but I get Moon for free because of that, and now the quality of play on the Classic Maps is going to go up exponentially...