Classic Maps put into Map-Pack for Black Ops.

They really need to release the maps for black ops. I think that it is bullshit that they haven't. and when they do release them, they better be free because i spent $30 on the other maps for waw and i think that it would be bullshit if they made people who bought the original maps pay for them again.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need to release the maps for black ops. I think that it is bullshit that they haven't. and when they do release them, they better be free because i spent $30 on the other maps for waw and i think that it would be bullshit if they made people who bought the original maps pay for them again.

What about the people that never Played WaW, or those that did but never bought them?

As everyone was discussing before, the hardened/prestige edition people payed extra for theirs, so why shouldn't we, then it wouldn't be fair on them.

I'd happily pay another £20 for them!

at least you guys even GOT a hardened/prestige edition, there is literally NO physical way for PC gamers to get these maps! Damn you Activision.

Well we don't get 'em for free OR get to create our own maps either. :P

we dont get 'em for free OR get to create our own maps in black ops either. waw we got the maps free, but not BO, and mod tools arent released for black ops

at least you guys even GOT a hardened/prestige edition, there is literally NO physical way for PC gamers to get these maps! Damn you Activision.

Well we don't get 'em for free OR get to create our own maps either. :P

we dont get 'em for free OR get to create our own maps in black ops either. waw we got the maps free, but not BO, and mod tools arent released for black ops

actually, they are releasing BETA mod tools in a few days

What I don't like about the classic maps

NDU-

-Dempsey and the group don't belong

-modern weapons

-the thundergun and monkeys shouldn't be here!

Verruckt-

-sprinters are gone, thus making it less hard and not as fun

-again, the group shouldn't be here, except Dempsey

-modern weapons still suck

-why is the winter's howl here?

SNN-

-the Japanese zombies have the same faces as the Nazi and American zombies. Seems silly since the japanese look much different

-I still freakin hate the modern weapons

-Takeo didn't have a moustache then... why does he have one there now?

Der Riese-

-Except for the modern weapons, I like this map the best out of the improved maps. Good thing since I hate the WaW version of this map

-Bowie knife is a 1 hit kill to 9, not 11 like it was in the original.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats shitty!

They did it for PC for every other CoD didn't they?

nope, we've never gotten a 'special' edition of CoD on any of them.... not even WaW

Kind of off topic here and also kind of a month late, but, there was a special edition of WaW for PC: http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Shooter-First-Person/Call-of-Duty-World-at-War-GAME-Exclusive-Collectors-Edition/~r337821/?s=call+of+duty+world+at+war

It's kind of hard to get now, but it was available.

• 2 weeks later...

But they probably wont ever realease them as map packs because the people who bought the hardend or prestige bought these exclusivling for 50$+ So they would be getting ripped off. Which would make the people who bought special editions mad. And they would want there money back.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Prestiege Edition,only by a completely lucky Christmas gift because apparently nobody in Louisiana knows about CoD Zombies anymore,the map packs are not so much as a major enhancement,more as a little incentive.It's just a remastered version of the old maps with the BO guns taking over the Mystery Box.

That said,if they do release the maps and they WILL,the next time BO updates,it should offer a free upgrade from your WaW maps to the BO versions.

That said again,Activison and Treyarch would make money off of this,the thing Activison wants most...

@MysteryBox:The special edition buyers would've had the maps for longer,plus the other goodies that came with the Hardened and Prestiege.We would not feel alienated or duped in any way.

its really pointless for them to not release the classic maps for download. i bought the hardened edition but none of my friends got it so the classic maps are pretty useless to me right now. Its not unfair to the people who bought the hardened edition..it like how the map packs come out first on xbox..its just marketing to make one version or console seem to have the upper hand when in the long run everyone gets it..so why can the classic maps not be treated the same way? mortal kombat had several different costumes for charachters and you could only get one depending on where you preordered from..only to put out and dlc pack that contained all 7 costumes..would you call that unfair to the ones who preordered say at gamestop and only got one costume..no because now EVERYONE gets to enjoy them all and not just one!! activision could learn a lesson there!!!

I don't understand why people think they won't release them. OF COURSE they're gonna release them on PSN or XBox Live or PC eventually. Theres too much money to be made. Plust the people who have hardened and prestige can't complain about the classic maps being released since they got them like a year before everyone else. I think thats a pretty good head start for some maps. I guarantee we'll have the classic World At War zombie maps available to purchase as a DLC by Christmas 2011. Even with Modern Warfare 3 coming out, they'll get released. In fact, that may be Treyarchs angle. They'll release the classic maps after all the map packs are finished. This way they'll still make money even after Black Ops is finished with their content. Trust me, you'll have the maps this year. The latest will be the first quarter of 2012.

Heck, I could care less about all of that special collectable crap. I just want the maps.

I found some new ones on Amazon. $200+. If I had that much money I'm dead serious I would pay for it, just for the maps. I just wanna play them, I'm like the only one who's never ever play W@W zombies. :(

Heck, I could care less about all of that special collectable crap. I just want the maps.

I found some new ones on Amazon. $200+. If I had that much money I'm dead serious I would pay for it, just for the maps. I just wanna play them, I'm like the only one who's never ever play W@W zombies. :(

I went on ebay like a month or two ago and I was gonna pay 60 bucks for them. I was winning the bid until the VERY LAST second when someone posted 70 bucks. I was glad I lost though because after thinking about it I realized I'd be a fool to pay that much. Like I said in my earlier post, they will be available soon. I guarantee it. If I'm wrong, then I hope I choke on a bowl of cereal or something like that. But I'm tellin you I'm NOT wrong. Save your money and wait. It's only a matter of time. And when they're available to buy as a DLC, they'll probably only be somewhere around $15-$25. Hopefully only $15, but who knows.

The classic maps Will never be released as a dlc. There are too many legal repercussions with the price of prestige and hardened editions. Also look on ebay, the last few are getting silly money now, because when they are gone they are gone. And they Will be gone, for good. Sorry.

And the rpk and hk is no replacement 4 the mg and browning, i also miss the flamethrower.

As for me, I had NEVER played zombies before. i never played W@W once. I had no idea if I would like it or not. After buying and playing BO, it was by far my favorite feature. I decided I wanted to play the old maps and see what they were like too.

Well, in order to do that, I had to either buy one of the $200+ copies on ebay which probably had the codes sold in them already, or nothing. I considered buying a cheapo copy of W@W, but found out I would have to buy the freaking DLC, so the cost would be huge just to play an old game with old versions of the maps I wanted.

i was the same way never played zombies until BO. So i went out and got a used copy of WaW($20) and bought the DLC bundle($25) with all the maps and the whole thing came out to $45, which isnt that bad at all but i would still prefer being able to download the maps for BO so i could play split screen zombies online, plus have all the maps on one disc instead of two... you would think they would probably offer them in a bundle sometime soon so they have more people wanting to play those updated maps they spent time working on, plus i think the people who actually bought the prestige editions early on would like to get more people on their friends list who actually have those maps now too..

Activision should bundle the map packs for BO as well in the future.I rarely purchase anything prepaid at the store besides Microsoft Points and the occasional NX.I'd love to be able to buy First Strike,Escalation,Annihilation and Retaliation all in one.

Retaliation is escalation. But they changed their minds on the pack title. At least that's how i heard it. It would be nice to have more classic players, but there's no chance of release I'm afraid.

Activision should bundle the map packs for BO as well in the future.I rarely purchase anything prepaid at the store besides Microsoft Points and the occasional NX.I'd love to be able to buy First Strike,Escalation,Annihilation and Retaliation all in one.

Retaliation is escalation. But they changed their minds on the pack title. At least that's how i heard it. It would be nice to have more classic players, but there's no chance of release I'm afraid.

I'm going with the rumors of the 4th map pack being named Retaliation.I had no knowledge of that until I read your post.

Besides,maybe the 4th map pack will have something actually scary,because...

F/irst Strike

E/scalation

A/nnihilation

R/etaliation

Pretty sure escalation was going to be called retaliation. That's what the map pack is still called in my Xbox memory. Check your saved games it may be the same for you. I believe that's where we get the idea that the next pack is retaliation. It could be retaliation next, but I'm just saying the name has been floating around since before escalation. . .