Should we add a couple new Sub-Categories???

lissa110

As the title suggests I wanted to know if you as members think that we should have a couple new threads.

One for people, whether noobs or long time members, can just speculate about zombies. It can be following the story line or not. Someone who may not know the storyline can just post some of there info in this place.

The second new thread would be for the strict storyline followers! If you dont know the story like the back of your hand you shouldnt post there.

I think it may alleviate some of the confusion on the other threads where poeple may be very strict about the story line while others are looking and just wanting to share some things that they like, found or just want to share. Please post comments and ideas below also dont forget to vote!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this?

1. Zombie Training Facility - For players who are new to the easter eggs, backstory, theories and are looking to learn more.

2. Zombie Research Facility - For players who are have played zombies and are interested in started to create theories about zombies.

3. Zombie Asylum - For the hardcore zombie players who have a strong grasp of the general backstory and wish to carry on with their serious theories and discussion

Like this?

1. Zombie Training Facility - For players who are new to the easter eggs, backstory, theories and are looking to learn more.

2. Zombie Research Facility - For players who are have played zombies and are interested in started to create theories about zombies.

3. Zombie Asylum - For the hardcore zombie players who have a strong grasp of the general backstory and wish to carry on with their serious theories and discussion

This is a great idea. The names of those sub-forums are just awesome, plus it would help new people learn and old members theorize, maybe even bring in some better post! (that's probably the point though)

For the Zombie Asylum one, can regular people still post in it, as long as they are contributing to awesome posts. for example, AlphaSnake makes one of his awesome threads, and i contribute to that thread

im not sure if you understand what i just said

I dont think there will be a "prove yourself" to get into the sub forum. If there does end up being post that should be in another section based on the level of topic then we will move them as needed. But thanks for the suggestion!! Keep up the good work!

Thank you Strwrsbob!!

We need some players to fill in the first category with topics explaining the back story of each map to help the newcomer understand, ill help if you want it, i can do a lot with five...

*cough* Alpha snake wheen he returns *cough*

thats just mean :) You all forget I was making theories on WaW everyone ignored, about how this all ran into actual historical events.... but tbh i bet some guy realised that before anyone else, whose sitting sad somewhere forgotton on the forum :)

A LOT of the great theorists are gone now. although there is still plenty, back when GKNOVA6 first arrived, lots of people got things. saddened that i cant see some of them anymore. But Shoreyo was on the damn list, so i give you heaps of credit.

So I think this whole Zombie Training Facility, Research Facilty, and Asylym is an awesome idea! but I feel like it's not gonna catch on like you'd hope. We've really got to start encouraging all members to post on these sub-forums. As of now it just seems like all new topics are being posted in the General Zombie Discussion forum. Perhaps a little more clarity would help members know where to post. Perhaps it could be set up something similar to this, with Brains or Zombification rank deciding where to post your new topic:

Zombie Training Facility - ONLY New Members and Humans should post new topics here.(Theories, New Gun/Map/Perk ideas, Storyline ideas, etc.)

Zombie Research Facilty - Almost Zombie Members should post new topics here. (Theories, New Gun/Map/Perk ideas, Storyline ideas, etc.)

Zombie Asylym - Members ranking from Zombie and above, Forum Dwellers, and Veterans should post here.(Theories, New Gun/Map/Perk ideas, Storyline ideas, etc.)

I think this would be great way to regulate who's posting new topics in what sub-forum. It'd be nice knowing that when I go into the Asylym, I can trust the Author of the post and I know he's familiar with the game and CoDz. You'll already know before even going into the Asylym that you're going to see well thought out Topics from experienced members. It'll also help going into the Training Facility knowing that the topics may be a little off the wall or not quite as well thought out or researched. Not to say that great topics won't come out of the Training Facilty, but it'll give you an idea of what to expect from the topics before you enter that forum.

Any member should be able to post a response to a topic in any forum though. This will encourage more experienced members to help out new members in the Training Facility. This should also help new members learn more in the Research Facility and Asylym.

These are just some thoughts on how to implement the new Sub-Forums a little better. I'd really love to see this whole thing catch on. I know this might sound kinda crazy but maybe removing the General Zombie Discussion forum all together? I mean it'll technically still all be General Zombie Discussion, but they would just be seperated into 3 different forums depending on Zombification level. I know it's not the most ideal solution, but I don't see how people are gonna catch on to these sub-forums otherwise.

Carbon's on to something really great here! Let's get some more ideas flowing people! This could be a huge benefit to the site!

EDIT: This post is also found on another thread within the Zombie Research Facility. You can ignore that one if you guys read this.

the three separate forums are sort of confusing. I mean its kind of hard to tell what would go in those sub-forums compared to what would go into the catch-all "General Zombie Discussion".

Maybe instead have just one hidden forum for people who have been around for a while? To prevent noobish posts intruding, just make it invisible to people with less than x number of posts (I don't remember if you can make those kinds of permissions with PHPBB2)

Well what I can do is put a mod approval on the asylum so we can regulate who posts and what. Of course our decisions won't be harsh in terms of replies, but in terms of threads that is where you really need to shine. So putting together a well thought out thread will get approved anything less obviously not.