Quick tips for PS3 owners when they get Call of the Dead

Since im guessing you guys will be getting MP2 June 3rd im going to tell you some tips you probably already know...

1:When George is in the Water at round one make him scream it will make the Zombies come up from the ground faster.

2:The Pack a punch spawns in random locations and stays at one location for what I have seen half a round.

3:There are no Monkey bombs or Gersh devices

4:Instead of the MB Or GDs There is the Scavenger which can be pretty handy to heal people

5:You may be asking how does that work i thought the V-r11 replaces them

The answer is no...The Scavenger does a better job and i will tell you why.

6:The V-r11 was a failed attempt it is only useful to kill George and for the Easter egg.

7:To use the Scavenger to revive somebody make sure it is Pack A Punch after round 27 and then when you are by the Teammate that is downed shoot a Scavenger bullet and wait one second and start reviving them all the Zombies will go BOOM by the time you are done reviving!

Tip:Make sure you have Juggernog and PhD flopper to do step 7.

8:The best place to run circles is outside the bottom of the lighthouse there is a Ak74u that is handy to gain points and it is right there so you can just buy ammo really fast without running across the map...

9:The power is easy to get to and most of the doors to get there only cost 750 points!

10:I recommend you buy the M14 and stay in the starting area for 6 or 7 rounds and stay on Quick revive island until you have 6,000 Points.

11:The easter egg is easier to do in Solo then in Co-op

12:Killing George with more then 3 players is going to be hard don't expect to get him down on round 5 unless you get the Pack A Punched Scavenger and Pack A Punched Ray gun.

13:If you have completed the Easter egg you get the WunderWaffe DG-2 When you kill George.

14:You can not buy Perks when you get the WunderWaffe DG-2 so be careful when you pick it up!

15:You also get a free perk when you kill George.

16:Deadshot Is only good if you have a Sniper.

17:Deadshot Makes your aim always steady and Autoaims to the Head it can get annoying sometimes but it is only 1500

18:I really wish PS3 owners got it the same time Xbox 360 owners do.

19:There is this weird Elephant noise that i keep hearing

20:The Elephant noise could be hinting that there is going to be a Jungle map

Or a map in Africa.

21:There are Ziplines and they are AWESOME!

22:The Flinger is pretty cool to.

23:The V-r11 Pack a Punched also makes your teammate invincible when you shoot them with it for 15 seconds and it also give them Zombie vision!

(Thanks for way2g00 for reminding me of this)!

Ok that is it

Leave your Questions in the Comment section Below.

RWJ =3 Ftw

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.

So, how does the VR11 suck, anyways? I thought it was just a gun version of the monkey bomb.

When you turn a Zombie into a human they only chase after it if you are far away!

So if you shoot a Human and the Zombies are closer to you then the Human then they will still attack you.

Cool.

So, how does the VR11 suck, anyways? I thought it was just a gun version of the monkey bomb.

When you turn a Zombie into a human they only chase after it if you are far away!

So if you shoot a Human and the Zombies are closer to you then the Human then they will still attack you.

Yeah, but it's still technically a one-hit "kill" (well, it permanently pacifies the zombie), so doesn't that make it an awesome weapon :D ? At least, I'll take it over a pistol from the box any day.

Cool.

Yeah, but it's still technically a one-hit "kill" (well, it permanently pacifies the zombie), so doesn't that make it an awesome weapon :D ? At least, I'll take it over a pistol from the box any day.

Yeah it is better then the pistol but it only has 9 or 12 bullets so if you have 30 Zombies after you its not very useful.

It won't kill any zombies, when shot zombies turn into human. You have limited ammo.

Monkies in kino are known for 3 things.

1. Distract zombies for few seconds, so you can buy time.

2. It's a bomb so it explodes and kill zombies around it.Duhh!

3. Monkies don't replace your secondary weapon slot like VR 11 gun.

Which is why I think this gun sucks except if you wan't to get rid of george romero for a round or two just shoot him when he is in water. It probably takes about 3-4 shots.

4:Instead of the MB Or GDs There is the Scavenger which can be pretty handy to heal people

@Samantha Maxis, Scavenger cannot heal a downed teammate.

I don't think scavenger is even good weapon to use before reviving. Best method to revive is not to kill any zombies at all or turn them into crawlers which won't spawn any more zombies on the map giving the downed player enough time to buy crucial perks like Jugg and Flopper to get back in the game.

With all that said I love Scavenger gun.I just don't use it to revive people. I am a big Mustang and sally fan.

*overall all v. good post and I am sure ps3 owners will make use of it, Brains to you.

It won't kill any zombies, when shot zombies turn into human. You have limited ammo.

Which is why I think this gun sucks except if you wan't to get rid of george romero for a round or two just shoot him when he is in water. It probably takes about 3-4 shots.

I don't think scavenger is even good weapon to use before reviving. Best method to revive is not to kill any zombies at all or turn them into crawlers which won't spawn any more zombies on the map giving the downed player enough time to buy crucial perks like Jugg and Flopper to get back in the game.

With all that said I love Scavenger gun.I just don't use it to revive people. I am a big Mustang and sally fan.

*overall all v. good post and I am sure ps3 owners will make use of it, Brains to you.

I haven't really used Monkey Bombs that much (I don't play Kino der Toten AT ALL...).

BTW technically VR11 kills zombies as turning zombies into human is pretty permanant. And if the zombies are far away as the OP said the zombies will be distracted, so if you got all the zombies on the lighthouse and use the zipline the zombies should go after the humans giving the player enough time to reload and resupply, right?

So, when's a map of Call of the Dead coming out? Really want to see what the level looks like.

EDIT: One more question - how many perks are you allowed to have at once? In Ascension you could only buy four perks (you could get a fifth from the Bottle powerup). Is it same in CotD?

I haven't really used Monkey Bombs that much (I don't play Kino der Toten AT ALL...).

BTW technically VR11 kills zombies as turning zombies into human is pretty permanant. And if the zombies are far away as the OP said the zombies will be distracted, so if you got all the zombies on the lighthouse and use the zipline the zombies should go after the humans giving the player enough time to reload and resupply, right?

So, when's a map of Call of the Dead coming out? Really want to see what the level looks like.

Well you can't reload on the Zipline or The Flinger but if you are at the top of the lighthouse the Human should go to the bottom where the Ak74u is (and the Zombies would follow if you are far away from them) because the Human always goes into the water...

Im guessing that would give you time to Reload,Revive and Resupply.

And i don't know when it is coming out officially but im guessing a month after the Xbox 360 release.

I spoke too soon. VR11 upgraded does more than getting rid of George for one round.

According to some youtube videos,

-VR11 upgraded (Lazarus) can make a player invincible for 15 seconds when shot.

- Any player shot by that gun can kill zombies instantly with one hit or can kill an entire group with a grenade.

I have not verified this yet. But it will be much useful if it does all that.

I spoke too soon. VR11 upgraded does more than getting rid of George for one round.

According to some youtube videos,

-VR11 upgraded (Lazarus) can make a player invincible for 15 seconds when shot.

- Any player shot by that gun can kill zombies instantly with one hit or can kill an entire group with a grenade.

I have not verified this yet. But it will be much useful if it does all that.

Yeah it does and it also gives you Zombie vision.

Let me add that!

"6:The V-r11 was a failed attempt it is only useful to kill George and for the Easter egg."

Totally false.

FYI: The following are the abilities of the VR-11.

The VR - 11 can:

1) Shoot your allies to make them invulnerable/invisible to zombies for 15 seconds

2) Make GR calm if he's angry

3) Make a zombie turn into a human as a distraction (not recommended)

4) Allows for stand in/ensemble cast achievement

The VR - 11 Lazarus (PaPed) can:

1) Shoot your allies to make them invulnerable/invisible to zombies and make all their weapons insta-kill for 15 seconds

2) Make GR calm if he's angry and make him leave for 1 - 2 rounds if you shoot him while he's in the water

3) Make a zombie turn into a human as a distraction (not recommended)

4) If you shoot the zombie-turned human 3 times he will explode giving you the 'Stuntman' achievement

5) Allows for stand in/ensemble cast achievement

6) Ammo upgrade (mag size 6, 18 reserve)

Take note that all other wonder weapons when used do not drop a power up especially that life saving max ammo, but with the VR-11 Lazarus, this is possible through the one shot kill of your teammates.

The key here is the insta-kill and invisibility of your teammates for 15 seconds. That is awesome especially on very high rounds (levels 40+). So, if you know how to use or take advantage how this weapon works best, then this is the best wonder weapon ever. But if you're not a team player then this would really not mean anything.

"7:To use the Scavenger to revive somebody make sure it is Pack A Punch after round 27 and then when you are by the Teammate that is downed shoot a Scavenger bullet and wait one second and start reviving them all the Zombies will go BOOM by the time you are done reviving!

Tip:Make sure you have Juggernog and PhD flopper to do step 7."

-Good point and this is actually how I use this weapon in the game. Scavenger Hyena Infra-red is not required. On very high rounds (27+), one shot anywhere near the downed player is not enough as zombies move too fast at this level, by the time you have finished reviving (even with quick revive), they are all over you and it will be too late to fire another shot.

On levels 10-25, fire 2 shots near the downed player. Higher levels, 3 shots are a safe bet. On levels 40+, yeah, you need the Hyena.

Like running circles or forming trains?, this weapon is your best friend, fire one shot on the ground and circle it. Ka-boom and you're all alone.

My tip would be the sickle is hard to find, across from speed cola, downstairs in the lighthouse, on the ice slide. And also 6250 is the point total needed to get from the start to the sickle, then start building up points.

Another tip, keep jumping when you are in the water. You don't freeze as quick that way

Another- mute your tv, just about everything these people say in the game is cheesy as hell. With the exception of rooker, he has one good line,"I'm calling bullshit on that. Zombies can't run."

If you just leave george alone, he leaves you alone. He's just out for a walk with his super white sneakers. He just happens to be 8 feet tall and blue. Maybe he is looking for Paul Bunyan?

The zombie spawns in this game are bullshit

Zombies on round 3 here and faster than zombies on round 30 on ascension

Don't let yourself get scared if you take the flinger by accident. It scared the shit outta me

Unless all zombies are behind you, don't take the zipline from the top of the lighthouse. If there are zombies anywhere else, they will immediately be on you upon landing, instant kill

Finally the most important tip. Starting area go right onto the ship. Buy debris on right. Go around the little room , and on the back there sits mrs instant orgasm reason to wake up every morning, DOUBLE TAP. And man, she is looking hot.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone will be able to find something useful from my post

I hope I don't sound like a jerk by saying this but I'm afraid I might, so apologies in advance if if I do.

This info is pretty much slathered all over the place, any PS3 user that's browsing this sub-forum looking at Call of the Dead info probably knows much if not all of this already. If you knew that most people know this stuff, why compile another list of tactics?

It's admirable that you're trying to give them a nudge in the right direction but it's really unnecessary.

As far as tactics go. I'd say communication in this map is more important then any map in the past It's a big place and a lot of ways to get seperated (i.e. flipper, ziplines, falling off the boat in the wrong place). The quickest way to go down in this map is getting seperated and not having a plan to meet back up.