Explanation for the name "Lazarus"

I dont know if this even deserves its own thread or not :lol: . i have highlighted parts that i think have emphasis to zombies.

But anyway, i was reading the bible today in school (as you do) and i came across a little story about Jesus and Lazarus. The story reads something like; Lazarus, a man fueled with disease was slowly dying from several diseases. Jesus heard about this man and went to visit him. Lazarus was soo happy that Jesus had come to save him. But Jesus did not. He waited for Lazarus to die in pain, and he even waited several days after he was dead until he was smelly and rotten.

After waiting those days, Jesus healed Lazarus and brought him back to life (The VR-11 kinda does that to zombies). Lazarus asked Jesus why he has waited until he had died to be healed. Jesus said that he wanted people to know how powerful he really was

The parts highlighted have similarities to the gun. Discuss.......

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not the first to post this idea. I used to think the same thing until recently. I was reading the Intel for the campaign mission Numbers and I noticed one of the scientists Daniel Clarke worked with was named Lazarus. Apparently Clarke and Lazarus fled from Russia after seeing that Krashchenko was killing off loose ends. After getting out, they parted their ways.

Perhaps this gun is Russian made. It would fit in with the environment.

off topic for one question. why the hell were you reading the bible? :lol:

as for the finds. nice finds but wouldn't that mean the gun would be a jesus gun because jesus had the power and not lazarus? all this relates to is that George is Lazarus and the VRIL is Jesus and i'm pretty sure you can't walk on water with the VRIL :lol: [brains] tho :P

Well, I always thought the word lazar and lazarus were coterminous with "walking dead" or "reanimated dead" due to a book series called Death Gate Cycles. There was a character set called the Lazars, or a character named lazarus. or something. Figured it was some latin based thing, but now it makes a bit more sense.

And wouldnt the lazarus gun be more reverse your theory? The humans are undead zombies, therefore they are living again. so if you use the lazarus story as base grounds, for the gun to turn them back to human, they would have to be dead dead already, not zombie dead? or am i just over thinking this stuff?

And wouldnt the lazarus gun be more reverse your theory? The humans are undead zombies, therefore they are living again. so if you use the lazarus story as base grounds, for the gun to turn them back to human, they would have to be dead dead already, not zombie dead? or am i just over thinking this stuff?
Yeah, just a bit. ;)

That very well could be what the upgraded V-R11 is named after. So a curious thought. However most, if not all their upgraded names are usually jokes.

FN FAL -> EPC WN?

Would you like to buy a vowel?

:D

I dont know if this even deserves its own thread or not :lol: . i have highlighted parts that i think have emphasis to zombies.

But anyway, i was reading the bible today in school (as you do) and i came across a little story about Jesus and Lazarus. The story reads something like; Lazarus, a man fueled with disease was slowly dying from several diseases. Jesus heard about this man and went to visit him. Lazarus was soo happy that Jesus had come to save him. But Jesus did not. He waited for Lazarus to die in pain, and he even waited several days after he was dead until he was smelly and rotten.

After waiting those days, Jesus healed Lazarus and brought him back to life (The VR-11 kinda does that to zombies). Lazarus asked Jesus why he has waited until he had died to be healed. Jesus said that he wanted people to know how powerful he really was

The parts highlighted have similarities to the gun. Discuss.......

I agree with everything except the "How powerful he really was" part. I think Jesus waited until he died to heal him not to show how powerful he was if not his father( Meaning God of course)

What made me think was the "father" part. But u could be right either way

In the end, Lazarus can just mean "Back to Life" and not have any reference to the story. The guy that posted "The names of the guns are usually jokes"