The gang in Nacht

Why did treyarch put the gang in the black ops verison of necht der untoten and verruckt. it doesnt make any sense and doesnt fitin with the story. i assume the marines from nacht were overrun and killed and we know that dempsey was at verruckt with other marines, but was the only survivor. so what gives?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well theres a few reasons why this could be. It's possible that Treyarch just wanted to modernize their first ever zombie map with all the things we're familiar with when it comes to zombies. To make it more fun for us zombie fans. Nostalgia purposes maybe.

Treyarch obviously didn't realize what they had on their hands when they first created Nazi Zombies. So when they released it with World at War they must have been surprised by all the positive feedback. So Treyarch figured they'd make a follow up to it and released their first DLC map pack 1 with Verruckt as their second attempt at making something the fans of the series would love. Then I guess things got crazy and they realized how much we all loved zombie mode and figured they'd make it a series...and every good series has a good story.

Treyarch probably saw Black Ops as an opportunity to repolish the maps. With already having a basic story to zombie mode, they probably tried to incorporate what was now going on...with what already happened. If this is the case, we'll probably get filled in on why and how the original 4 ended up in Nacht Der Untoten and how Nikoli, Richtofen and Takeo wound up being in the remake of Verruckt.

This whole situation with the new maps and the original 4 characters kind of bugs me because it makes me think that Treyarch doesn't have a well orchestrated and thought out plot line. It's like after they realized the fans were happy with zombie mode, they just threw a chopped up story line together and tried to make it fit with the first two maps no matter how much sense it wouldn't make. I'd want to see some type of closure eventually and I'm not sure Treyarch is really putting much into the story.

I say the story should just begin at Verruckt because they can make that make sense a little bit. If they ARE trying to make Nacht Der Untoten a part of the story, it's going to get too out of control and won't make any sense. Anyway, sorry for the long post...I'm just hoping this story is worth it all in the end.

Much Respect,

ZombiCidaL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

According to the Terminal, the marines didn't die when Dempsey was captured. The wrote poems about the experience. But personally I agree with ZombicidalManic. I think it was just to modernize it and just get the old characters in the maps. Nothing really changed as far as Easter Eggs go, so I don;t think them being there in Black Ops truly effects the storyline.

Rant time!

>Put on rant hat, takes off boots

Now, the OG gang was captured in verruckt, where they began the multitude of tests on them to turn them into data servants. There were also the four marines that dempsey went in with, including Smokey and John according to the terminal. John would later prove to be the soul survivor of the outbreak and live a normal life before being killed by the CIA during the dead drop. Once the russians began their march to Berlin, Richtofen knew that he need to get him experiments out of the city before the russians got to them, so he unleashed the zombies upon the asylum, causing a diversion so that he could free his experiments and alowed them to escape. The four would go seperate ways before the signel from the comms hut in Shi No Numa would drag them back together to save Richtofen after using his plan to draw Peter in and trap him, resulting in Richtofen himself being trapped in the doctor's hut.

NDT seems more complicated. It seems as if the mood is much darker then the others, added to by the song undone going off after shooting the barrels. Seeing as the opening page shows someone teleporting in, I'd say that the reason the OG maps have not been released yet is because the second NDT is supposted to be the gang's final stand in an attempt to go so back into the future that they could stop the outbreak before it even began.

If you wish to know more, I am currently compiling a list of all known Group 935 members. A proverbial hit-list with information on what each man has done.

• Administrators

Rant time!

Now, the OG gang was captured in verruckt, where they began the multitude of tests on them to turn them into data servants. There were also the four marines that dempsey went in with, including Smokey and John according to the terminal. John would later prove to be the soul survivor of the outbreak and live a normal life before being killed by the CIA during the dead drop. Once the russians began their march to Berlin, Richtofen knew that he need to get him experiments out of the city before the russians got to them, so he unleashed the zombies upon the asylum, causing a diversion so that he could free his experiments and alowed them to escape. The four would go seperate ways before the signel from the comms hut in Shi No Numa would drag them back together to save Richtofen after using his plan to draw Peter in and trap him, resulting in Richtofen himself being trapped in the doctor's hut.

NDT seems more complicated. It seems as if the mood is much darker then the others, added to by the song undone going off after shooting the barrels. Seeing as the opening page shows someone teleporting in, I'd say that the reason the OG maps have not been released yet is because the second NDT is supposted to be the gang's final stand in an attempt to go so back into the future that they could stop the outbreak before it even began.

If you wish to know more, I am currently compiling a list of all known Group 935 members. A proverbial hit-list with information on what each man has done.

From what I have heard, Treyarch confirmed NDT is the second outbreak. What I am baffled by is how you know John lived a normal life, the comms from SNN, etc.

Well, were you around for the Gknova6 dead drop? If so, you may remember a man by the name of giovani who acted as the informant in Gknova6. Supposidly, giovani worked with a man we know only as U-Boat. When carbon was staying at a local hotel, a man in a suit and sunglasses handed him off the briefcase with the GK logo. In it were several documents and records. One recording was of a certain man by the name of john with a group of men interigating him about why he was leaking this information about MKultra. When he refused to co-operate, the men shot him and left him for dead. The documents later detailed "John" to be giovani. Putting two and two together, I'd say that john was our john from the asylum who wanted to get the truth about data servant out there, or at least "giovani" was somehow related to John, like his son or something.

The next issue was of the comms building in SSN. Try to bare with me a second. The commands from data servant must have been transmitted seeing as in the CoD universe MKultra and project GKnova6 (for lack of a better name for the Russian's version of MKultra) was all spawned from Data Servant. Meaning, it all would have been based on the same tech. The issue is, the Nazi's did not have the technology of the 1960's, so we obviously wouldn't see the same tech we saw on the Resulka. They would have used simple radio technology like that which is used in the comms building in Shi No Numa. In the Black Ops campeign when you get close to a transmitter like the one in the rat tunnels in Victor Charlie, you begin to hear the numbers broadcast. Go ahead and try it! Now what that tells me is that the same thing would happen to Dempsey and the others when they become close to a source of their broadcast. Now go to the radio hut in SSN. You begin to here a broadcast, although wrapped in static, play. It almost sounds like it's saying "Is anyone out there?... Help me!" We used to pass this off as aliens or some other idiocracy. Now they seem to make sence. Peter or Richtofen knew that if a Data Servant heard them, they would subconsciously go out looking for them, so they sqawked for help. In addition, if you look on top of the comms building you will see a transmitter. It looks like a long pole with a blinking red sphere above it. You see similar transmitters on the radio tower in Kino and even above the spawn area in NDT. I believe that these are transmitters for various data servants left alive in the world, once used by the German Army, now hidden in plain sight by the illuminati. In addition, remember the other voices you here in the swamp? ("So close to the shield", "Must find Dr. Maxis", children laughing and singing, "I know when you're sleeping".) Have you ever heard of the consept of white noise? Maybe voices from the "other side" in the swamp were trying to communicate through the frequancy that Data Servant plays on. Creep stuff, huh? :?

Now normally I'd post pics and spell check, but all I have on me right now is a crappy netbook, and my PS3 is on a slow boat to Washington.

• Administrators

Well, were you around for the Gknova6 dead drop? If so, you may remember a man by the name of giovani who acted as the informant in Gknova6. Supposidly, giovani worked with a man we know only as U-Boat. When carbon was staying at a local hotel, a man in a suit and sunglasses handed him off the briefcase with the GK logo. In it were several documents and records. One recording was of a certain man by the name of john with a group of men interigating him about why he was leaking this information about MKultra. When he refused to co-operate, the men shot him and left him for dead. The documents later detailed "John" to be giovani. Putting two and two together, I'd say that john was our john from the asylum who wanted to get the truth about data servant out there, or at least "giovani" was somehow related to John, like his son or something.

The next issue was of the comms building in SSN. Try to bare with me a second. The commands from data servant must have been transmitted seeing as in the CoD universe MKultra and project GKnova6 (for lack of a better name for the Russian's version of MKultra) was all spawned from Data Servant. Meaning, it all would have been based on the same tech. The issue is, the Nazi's did not have the technology of the 1960's, so we obviously wouldn't see the same tech we saw on the Resulka. They would have used simple radio technology like that which is used in the comms building in Shi No Numa. In the Black Ops campeign when you get close to a transmitter like the one in the rat tunnels in Victor Charlie, you begin to hear the numbers broadcast. Go ahead and try it! Now what that tells me is that the same thing would happen to Dempsey and the others when they become close to a source of their broadcast. Now go to the radio hut in SSN. You begin to here a broadcast, although wrapped in static, play. It almost sounds like it's saying "Is anyone out there?... Help me!" We used to pass this off as aliens or some other idiocracy. Now they seem to make sence. Peter or Richtofen knew that if a Data Servant heard them, they would subconsciously go out looking for them, so they sqawked for help. In addition, if you look on top of the comms building you will see a transmitter. It looks like a long pole with a blinking red sphere above it. You see similar transmitters on the radio tower in Kino and even above the spawn area in NDT. I believe that these are transmitters for various data servants left alive in the world, once used by the German Army, now hidden in plain sight by the illuminati. In addition, remember the other voices you here in the swamp? ("So close to the shield", "Must find Dr. Maxis", children laughing and singing, "I know when you're sleeping".) Have you ever heard of the consept of white noise? Maybe voices from the "other side" in the swamp were trying to communicate through the frequancy that Data Servant plays on. Creep stuff, huh? :?

Now normally I'd post pics and spell check, but all I have on me right now is a crappy netbook, and my PS3 is on a slow boat to Washington.

So you think that real life giovani is related to real life john which is the equivalent to video game John because they wanted to expose truth?

So the characters would basically record themselves knowing that someone would search for them, and weird beings are trying to communicate with the players? Do I have that right because that was super complex :lol:

Rant time!

You have alot of this wrong, no offence. The only one of the group ever at Verruckt was Dempsey, who was captured along with his surviving unit (John and one other, smokey died apparently). I think the CIA actually took those poems from Verruckt, they never killed John. I also don't think Richtofen signaled anyone, he was just at Shi no numa, looking for something. I have no clue about NDU at this point, but I doubt it's the groups last stand. Also, pretty sure the group were sent to Der Riese during the experiment, as they clearly say that there was a raid at Verruckt in the CotD radios, and that the survivors were being sent somewhere else. I don't think you've really heard the CotD radios, because there were a few errors there.

• Administrators

You have alot of this wrong, no offence. The only one of the group ever at Verruckt was Dempsey, who was captured along with his surviving unit (John and one other, smokey died apparently). I think the CIA actually took those poems from Verruckt, they never killed John. I also don't think Richtofen signaled anyone, he was just at Shi no numa, looking for something. I have no clue about NDU at this point, but I doubt it's the groups last stand. Also, pretty sure the group were sent to Der Riese during the experiment, as they clearly say that there was a raid at Verruckt in the CotD radios, and that the survivors were being sent somewhere else. I don't think you've really heard the CotD radios, because there were a few errors there.

The poems are indeed from Verruckt according to the Terminal. The CoTD rados never talk about sending the entire group anywhere. It says they sent a spy somewhere, but never the original characters. All it says is that Richtofen has the original characters and are experimenting on them.

The poems are indeed from Verruckt according to the Terminal. The CoTD rados never talk about sending the entire group anywhere. It says they sent a spy somewhere, but never the original characters. All it says is that Richtofen has the original characters and are experimenting on them.

I should rephrase the sending thing, I mean't to say that the group was never at verruckt, and that they were all most likely sent to Der Riese from where they were captured.

• Administrators

I should rephrase the sending thing, I mean't to say that the group was never at verruckt, and that they were all most likely sent to Der Riese from where they were captured.

Read this viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11861 I posted things there regarding the original characters, verruckt, etc