• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.

I will buy it if...

a)It doesn't get banned in the U.K.

b)It doesn't cost over £50.

c)It gets a 9.5 rating from most, if not all major game raters.

d)Activision vow to not piss me or Infinity Ward off!

MW2 is actually pretty shit right now. n00by hackers, whinging 10 year olds, ump45'rs. So I might need some more info on the Online mode first before I consider giving Acti' my money!

I MIGHT buy it. I hated MW2. People are really being a bunch of hipocrites on MW3 though. They say they hated MW2 and would never buy another IW CoD game... but now it seems like all those that hated MW2 hate on BO, which wasn't NEARLY as bad as MW2. Most likely I'll just wait for christmas to get it, since it doesn't have zombies and the only thing I would really want it for is the campaign.

Already have it pre-ordered and paid off. poster hanging in my room. sorry, but i cant stand black ops multiplayer. the only reason i bought the game was for zombies to be honest.

MW2 is easily my favorite game i have, and i still play it often. so yeah, ill be gettin it at midnight and playing the s*** out of it.

After E3, It is a definite no.

You earned a lot respect from me. I saw the gameplay, and it looks like shit.

You say this, but you haven't seen the polished version yet, because it's still not finished. Remember it's still a couple of months away from release, so it's probably not quite finished yet. Just Look at some of the Black Ops trailers and you'll see several Guns they've slightly changed the Design of, different animations for things and all the little things that make it a proper game.

DeckchairsFTW

No I won't be buying it. At least brand new. Wont support Activision and their greedy campaign. At most ill buy it used. BF3 for me.

You say this, but you haven't seen the polished version yet, because it's still not finished. Remember it's still a couple of months away from release, so it's probably not quite finished yet. Just Look at some of the Black Ops trailers and you'll see several Guns they've slightly changed the Design of, different animations for things and all the little things that make it a proper game.

DeckchairsFTW

I am a huge gaming freak. I listen to like 2 hours of gaming podcasts EVERY day. In every single episode everyone has said that Modern Warfare 3 is nothing special. These people actually went to E3 and got to demo the game. Looks pretty much the same as CoD4 and I have even heard that they wont be buying. What kind of polish will they need to put on MW3? Its CoD... its not like its a new engine. Same engine, same MP, same campaign and in 1 and half years, you can't really expand much. I'll quote what a host from PS Nation Podcast said:

"Modern Warfare 3? Ya its just that, 'Modern Warfare' with a '3' at the end of it."

David Jaffe (the guy behind the God of War series and Twisted Metal), even said its the 'same old sh*t.' A programmer at Naughty Dog even said Call of Duty is no longer impressive. You can make the argument about it being fun and all, but imo, Call of Duty stopped being fun a few months after MW2. And the PS3 owners got the worst of it with Black Ops. Im done with CoD.

Wolfy, I totally agree! It is the same old, Same old. I mean if they really go and look back at CoD 4 and WaW and look how many people (Not everyone) enjoyed those games and how there wasn't much wrong with them, then maybe they could make MW3 and up closer to those (But it's still copying CoD 4 and redoing the same thing each year.) The only reason I come back to CoD is for the Campaign and Zombies, but sooner or later they will just get stale... They should start making the game the way they want it and not listen to the fans (High-Pitched annoying kids). And it might be as good as CoD 4/WaW...