Cryogenic freeze tactic? (debunked/fixed)

[Tested it again and it didn't work]

Hadn't seen this posted before so forgive me if this is old news but I was playing with a pal after getting the new maps and I got downed in the water. My character had become completely frozen before I died and I didn't go out because of it.

The ice preserved me somehow, my friend was able to come back and get me at his leisure because the ice was keeping me alive. Not sure how viable a tactic this could be since if you don't die in/near the water you'll die before you freeze but it could come in handy if it can be replicated.

Not sure if that's just a bug or what but it worked for me.

To clear things up:

1. Was downed in a body of water

2. Was frozen solid before I bled out

3. Stayed alive for an extended period

4. Teammate finally came back to revive me from the block of ice

5. Ice shatters and I get up to keep playing

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the water and I was downed, my friend couldn't get to me in time.

My character became frozen and that stopped me from getting knocked out for that round. The screen stopped turning darker and I just sat there frozen for like thirty seconds while he ran around clearing out the zombies so he could get back to me.

Pretty much, as long as I was frozen in that block of ice I was unable to die it seemed. Either that or the timer was slowed so much that it wasn't noticeable.

I'd check to see if it can happen again, but I'm a PS3 owner, sorry. Seems like something to take advantage of, though.

Tried it. Didn't work.

I got very cold in the water then had a zombie down. I froze solid but still died.

Yeah, we tested it again earlier and it didn't work this time... Guess it was a bug or something, when it happened we were on a high round and I stayed downed for several minuets while my friend finished out most of the round. Fail topic fails, sorry everyone.

When the map pack first came out my buddy and i were playing and this happened to him. I had to shoot the ice block to free him. He wasn't in last stand, he was just in the water too long and eventually froze into a block...then all the zombies came after me. Don't know if it's patched or anything, haven't tried it again though.

I was playing solo yesterday , and I froze myself in the water to see what would happen.. I didnt die but I was stuck there until george came and hit me and broke the ice. He was clear on the other side of the map so it took him like a minute to get to me.. I just stayed frozen the whole time..

So in multiplayer if you are frozen do the zombies not go after you? It'd be interesting if they didnt..