kino solo strat

Hey guys, just joined the forum and please forgive me early if i posted this in the wrong section, but i remember how much of a pain it was to get started playing when i started, and holy hell the mistakes you make. so i figured i would save all the newbs in the game alot of trouble and come up with a fairly detailed strat for solo. So let me know what you think guys:

Black Ops Zombies - Kino Der Toten Solo Strategy

Ok, so this is what I've found to work for me on the kino map to get me to levels 20+. This is a strategy that im still tweaking but so far is working rather well. This Strat is more geared towards newbs hence the detail.

-Round 1

So your going to start off in the Lobby and the first thing you want to do is run up and buy the M-14 at the top of the stairs. I found that the M-14 is better for racking up points as well as providing alittle more protection then the olympia, plus the reload time is faster. Dont buy ammo off the wall after buying this gun its a waste of points and we're to get a better gun soon. For the first couple of rounds your going to be using your pistol until you run out of ammo. Keep in mind there is 4 winows in this room. If your facing the stairs there is one next the book shelf behind close to the revive machine, one directly to your left in the corner, one in the top left of the balcony, and one in the back right corner under the stairs. In round one shoot the zombies 6 times (not in the head) with the pistol and then knife once to maximize your points (60p for shooting, 130p for knife kill = 190p) per zombie in the first round. If you have a couple of windows open leave one zombie alive to rebuild windows.

-Round 2

This is pretty much the same except your going to shoot them 8 times and then knife once. Halfway through this round your going to run out of ammo and its time to let them come through to try and get a max ammo power up. Once you are out of ammo with the pistol shoot the zombie once with the M-14 and then knife. If you hit 500 points by this round (which you should have) go ahead and buy a revive, in solo you dont have to have the power on to purchase this. Remember to rebuild your windows!

-Round 3

Once again this is pretty much the same as the first two rounds but you'll start to notice that the zombies are getting harder to kill. In this round your going to shoot the zombies twice with the M-14 and then knife once or if you have gotten a max ammo continue to use the pistol shooting each one 14 times and then knife once. They are more then likely going to start coming in faster then you can kill them so make use of the area, when they start coming in the main area take advantage of the stairs and route the up the stairs. Be sure to leave one zombie alive so you can repair the windows as the next two rounds they will be coming faster and more of them.

-Round 4

In this round your going to be running around alittle more. Dont worry about knifing in this round unless your just really good at it but its going to take 4 knife attempts to kill one, also the M-14 will take 4 shots to kill a zombie unless you headshot them. Kill all of the zombies except one and repair the windows again. By now you should be running low in ammo if not already out. Unless you got a max ammo your going to want to move to the next spot before killing the last zombie. ( I usually have 6000-7000 points when i move to the next room but thats because i stay in here until round 5 and start getting overwhelmed) With the last zombie coming for you, your going to want to run up the right hand side stairs and open that door on the right (750 points). Go straight through the small hallway and turn left to the next set of double doors and go through those (1000 points). This is the Foyer Room. Run down the stairs and hang a right running down those stairs and just at the very end of the stairs on the right is the MP-40. Replace your pistol with the MP-40 and then you can either wait for the last zombie to get there or run and kill him. Were going to keep the MP-40 till atleast round 15 unless you get a ray gun and thunder gun. It's extremely easy to get ammo for it on the run. your going to run out of ammo with it usually each lap so the quicker the better.

- Round 5-7

In this round your going to want to use up the rest of the M-14 ammo and then switch to the MP-40. Also note that the speed cola machine is in this room but you have to turn on the power to get it. In this room there is 4 entry points for the zombies. The doorway where you came in, a window directly at the bottom of the stairs next to the MP-40, a window right next to the speed cola machine, and one just to the right of the other set of stairs. I usually sit next to the MP-40 just because i get a clear view of all the entry points. This round also starts the possibility of dogs which can come on round 5, 6, or 7. You cant miss it, the light changes and gets foggy and your character will say something about the dogs. Ill put the locations of good spots to be when dogs come later on. stick it out in this room until you start to feel overwhelmed. Im usually here till altleast round 6 or 7. Once you start getting over whelmed there is another door in the opposite end of the room where you came in and takes you to the dressing room door cost is 1250. If you have zombies coming in behind you take the time to turn around a kill a few but keep in mind zombies will start to spawn in this room. I would not stay in this room as its narrow and can be easily trapped as well as there is 3 zombie entry points in this room. So if you go in here go straight back and then left to open the next door which will take you into the Theater. Door cost 1250. Now once you get in here finsh off the zombies, EXCEPT FOR ONE, run and rebuild all your windows and then run back to the stage, kill the last zombie. You have to be agile here but you can run a circle around the stage for the next round and kill the zombies that way, I usually dont do it but you can. When you kill the last zombie be sure to be next to the power switch, wait for the round indicator to turn white and when its white turn the power on, this will make you skip levels (ps3 and i think xbox) This will open the curtins and will be the last thing you have to do before you start running your laps. Once you hit the power all the perks and traps on are turned on and the zombies get faster.

- Round 8+

Before the next round starts after turning the power on, right next to the power switch is the teleporter, go inside and activate this half of it as you need it to get to the pack a punch room. Ill explain later. After this run up the isle way back towards the lobby. Just before you hit the stairs you will see a red machine on the right hand side. This is juggernog and is going to be your best friend. Its going to cost 2500 points. Once you see zombies coming towards you blast a few until they get to close, then run towards the lobby and activate the other half of the teleporter its in the middle of the room on the floor. Standing next to it and facing the door you just came in is a good spot to shoot them until they get to close, as they are in a line and you can rack up lots up of points. Getting them in lines is going to be the way to build up massive points since your bullets go through them. Also keep in mind that standing in this spot for too long can get you killed due to zombies starting to spawn here. If your facing the stairs run up the left hand side and head back towards the foyer. Once you get to the top of the small set of stairs turn and shoot some zombies but be quick and get running again. Go down to the foyer again and down the stairs, if there are no zombies turn around a pop a couple and keep going. If you have enough points buy speed cola, just make sure you have enough distance in between you and zombies to give yourself enough time. Also when you run down the stairs the MP-40 is right there and ammo can be bought on the go. This is the circle your going to take for the rest of the game. Once you Hit the power you will see boards that has a map with a green light on them and some boxes with a teddy bear below it. This is the location for the mystery box. Once you have your perks its time to hit the mystery box if you can get to it easily. If its in a section of the map you havent opened yet then your going to want to save up enough points to open those doors and to hit the mystery box a couple of times in case you dont get what you want the first time. Do the same trick with leaving 1 zombie alive to give yourself enough time for the mystery box. Also in the theater there is claymores which you can get 2 at a time. They dont kill many zombies but come in handy for slowing down the horde. Once you get into the later rounds (20+) your going to want to start utilizing traps as the guns are going to get less and less effective. So keep track of where they are.

Ok, so that should get you through the first few rounds and from here its finding a game plan and sticking to it. Here is some things that i use to keep my arse alive.

Always keep your guns reloaded - if you have a split second or just running from some zombies to get them in line, reload your gun, you'll be glad you did.

Get as many points as you can early - Points are key early in the game to get perks and mystery box. The best way to get points is to shoot zombies when they are in a straight line. Areas to do this ( once you run up the isle in the theater and go up the stairs check for zombies in the lobby real quick and turn around and shoot, once your in the lobby stand at the base of the stairs and shoot the ones rushing through the door, in the lobby once you run up the left hand side stairs (its the right side if coming from the theater) and into the next room turn around and shoot them on the balcony, in the next room that is just a square walk way, right past the narrow short hallway is another good but RISKY spot to turn around and shoot briefly. Once you run through the Foyer and into the dressing room, right before you turn left to go into the theater is another good spot just check for zombies coming in from the theater.

Dont run to fast - If you turn around and have to wait a second to see them, slow your arse down or you are going to get to far ahead of them and they going to back track and meet you head on, crappy situation. It's like they have GPS, once they are more then halfway across the map from you, they are going to turn around since its a shorter distance.

Dont open doors you dont need to open - opening more doors then necessary is going to cause problems with having zombies spawn where you dont want them to spawn. So unless the mystery box is in a room other then the rooms we use to run ciruits, dont open it.

Start each round in the theater on the stage - doing this will ensure that the zombies start spawning around you instead of infront of you. stay on the stage until it gets overwhelming and then start your ciruit

Use grenades to make crawlers - while running up the isle in the theater and the zombies behind you, throw some grenades and this will blow the legs off of the zombie and make him crawl, hence, he's slower. leave him for last and buy your self all kinds of time to repair windows, buy ammo, pack a punch, mystery box, or just look around if your bored.

Repairing windows does not leave you blind - while your building a window back, just hold the button down and you can turn around and look behind you, shoot, reload, even knife if you want. Now you still have to be next to the window but still, very useful to keep from getting gang raped.

Make use of the teleporter - Ive been doing this recently and its been working fairly well. At the beginning of a round when you start off on the stage kill zombies until it becomes to much and then run to the teleporter and go to the pack a punch. go to the window and start blasting those fools spamming nades and shooting some more. buy more nades if you run out just to left. Keep track of how long your in there so you can get nades, there is a timer above the pack a punch machine.

Mystery box - the mystery box cost 950 points to use and you get a random gun. If you get a gun thats not a rocket or grenade lanucher, dont automatically get rid of it, yea its a crappy gun but use it to build up more points. Immediately buying another gun is a waste of points. The guns your looking for are the Ray gun ( my personal favorite), Thunder gun (ray gun and thunder gun together equal mass destruction) HK-12, AK-47u, and a few other LMG's. I usually only pack a punch the ray gun, thunder gun, HK-12, aug, commando, and if i have enough points and just running out ammo any other gun i like. Keep in mind that hitting the box too many times will make the box move. You will see a teddy bear pop up and a kid laugh in the background, followed by an evil laugh. This could potentially suck if it moves to a room where you dont have the doors open.

Pack A Punch - The pack a punch is freaking awesome. To get there you have to take the teleporter in the theater and it will teleport you to the projection room, turn around and theres the pack a punch. It takes 5000 points and the gun you want to upgrade and makes your gun into ungodly good gun, depending on what it is. Also in this room to the left of the window are grenades, make use of these, they are great for making crawlers and just having some fun. pack a punch first thing though as you will be teleported out after about 30 seconds and if your gun is still in the machine when you teleport your screwed. Once you have your gun upgraded go to the windows and lob a couple of grenades and start shooting out the window with the MP-40 because all of the zombies will wait there infront of the stage until you come back. You will be teleported to a random room for a few seconds (there may be a power up in this room so keep an eye out) and then back to the lobby. Now the teleporter will take about 20 secs to cool down before it can be turned on again. I dont know how it works on multi player as i havent tried yet, but in solo you can only pack a punch a weapon once. So if you get the ray gun / thundergun / HK-12, or whatever your going to pack a punch, use the ammo in it first before you pack a punch otherwise its a waste. Also try to avoid pack a punching a gun off of the wall due to it will make the ammo for it 4500 instead of 500 - 1000.

Dog rounds camping spots - I usually camp when the dogs come which is every 5 or so rounds. In the lobby where you first start i like to stand infront of the revive machine or at the top of the stairs on the left hand side right infront of the window, In the foyer i stand in the corner right next to the speed cola machine, in the theater on the stage i stand in the far side corner on the opposite wall of the power switch right infront of the window, and right infront of the juggernog machine. Also in the theater room there is supposed to be a glitch where you can stand on the corner of the stairs next to the sentry gun and the dogs cant hit you. I havent tried this, if you have, let me know.

Perks

Speed cola - is in the foyer and cost 3000 points. It cuts the reload time in half

Juggernog - is up the isle in the theather off to the right side and cost 2500. It allows you to get hit 3 times before getting knocked down, on the forth your screwed.

Revive - is in the lobby, it brings you back to life when you get knocked down. You only get this 3 times. Once you buy it the 3rd time the machine will disappear.

Double tap - allows you to shoot 2 bullets in the time it would take you shoot one. So ammunition goes quick. Personally i dont use it, maybe in the later stages just to mass points thats about it. Also its in the alley and you have to open 2 doors to get to it from the lobby.

Power ups

2X - this is double points, when you usually get 10 points for shooting a zombie once you now get 20. when you get this Start blasting and get those points.

Insta kill (the skull) - one shot one kill, or one knife and instant head shot. Its great when your swarmed and you get this. Also insta kill with 2X equals mass freaking points.

Kaboom / nuke (looks like a bomb) - this kills all the zombies that are in its range, which isnt really that far, for example if you get it in the middle of the stage, it will kill all the zombies on the stage, some just off the stage in the isle, and maybe the opening or just past in the dressing room. so its local, not map wide

Max ammo (looks like a big clip) - pretty much self explainitory, gives you full ammo on all of your weapons, grenades, claymores, monkey's

Carpenter (looks like a hammer) - This repairs all of the windows in the map pretty much instantly.

Fire Sale (looks like a big price tag) - ive only seen this a handful of times and have only gotten to use it once. If you get this all of the locations for the mystery box will have a box, also it will only cost you 10 points to use the mystery box. Very Very kick arse power up if your not swarmed with zombies

Traps

There are traps all over the map and range from electricity, fire pits and 2 sentry guns. It cost 1000 points for a trap and 1500 for the sentry guns. The traps are little electric boxes on the walls and when switched will fry some zombies. I usually dont start using these until i have alot of points and around round 18ish and up. There is one sentry gun in the foyer on the table and on the podium on the stage in the theater. Im not gonna take the time to list all the locations of the traps, go to google, type in "black ops zombies kino der toten map layout" and go to images. that will show where everything is.

There are only few weapons to help you in close-death:

Raygun – This is good until around round 20. After that, it starts weakening. It’s good on low rounds, but be careful: shooting close zombies can make you suicide. And it’s damage isn’t very amazing at latter rounds. After emptying it, upgrade to Porter’s X2 Raygun. This version has more damage and ammo. But still, be careful not to kill yourself with it.

Crossbow – This sounds prettylike a useless weapon, but after upgrade, it comes Awful Lawton. If you shoot with this, it will be stuck on anything it hits, and zombies go “dance” around it until it explodes after approx. 5 seconds. It’s good to move zombies focus from you to something else for a short time.

Thundergun – It has infinite damage, so it kills all zombies infront of you. It’s very good for preventing getting stuck in example, corners. You should keep this if you get it from box. However, it has low ammo(12 stock + 2 available to be shot with, then it must be reloaded)so don’t use it too often. Only incase of dying. If it runs out of ammo, upgrade it to Zeus Cannon. This one has more ammo(24 stock and 4 for shooting, then must be reloaded)and can kill zombies farther away.

Monkey Grenades - These funny little bastards are extremely helpful. it takes a few seconds to set it but once thrown it bangs cymbals together and the zombies dance around it for about 5ish seconds. Blast the hell out of them while they dance and then BOOM!!! bye bye zombies. You can get the monkey's from the mystery box and you only get 4 so use them sparingly

And finally for weapons to use for gathering points from box:

FAMAS – Runs out of ammo fast, especially with double tap but it’s still good for fast points. When it runs out of ammo, its your choice to upgrade or get something else from the box. If you want to have some fun, upgrade to G16-GL35, which has more damage and more ammo. Rate of fire is still problem.

AUG – Good for getting points. After upgrading, it comes AUG-50M3 with better range, damage, and magazine + masterkey underbarrel shotgun for close range killing.

Commando – Another great assault rifle for points. After upgrade, it comes Predator with more damage, ammo and bigger magazine.

Galil – Probably best assault rifle for getting points. It has hefty 320 ammunition as normal. Very good for getting points. If you run out of ammo, proceed to upgrade to lementation. After upgrade, it has 490, more damage and red dot sight.

FN FAL – I hear you to say this one is crappy and should not used. But, I don’t think so. I tested it myself and saw it’s impressively good. After upgrade, it becomes EPC WN(almost EPIC WIN )with burst, red dot sight and nice ammunition. It’s fun to use.

G11 – Great to gather points, even it’s burst weapon. After upgrade, it comes G115 generator with full-auto mode, more damage and ammo.

HK21 – Best weapon for points: It’s light-machine gun, lot of ammunition, and good damage. Lasts long. After upgrade, even better ammo.

RPK – Little less ammo than HK, but faster rate of fire. Also extremely good for gathering points both un-upgraded and upgraded.

And of course you can use anything you want, it’s up to you and the game is made to be fun.

If you want a good detail of each room and whats in it go to this website. I think this strategy would be too long with it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... gy&ct=clnk

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best strategy is this:

Spend 1st and 2nd shooting each zombie 6 and 8 times respectfully then knife them (when out of ammo just knife). After the 2nd round open the door on the right and buy the PM63 (unless the box is there). Use all your ammo (if you got the box leave when it does) then go downstairs and buy the MP40 (unless box is there or you have 2 better guns from the box) and continue to the stage (not enough points? stay till you do.) Spend one round holding off in the theater and turn the power on when you have 2500+ points. Buy jug and connect the teleporter. If the box isn't in a room you have spend your points opening the door(s) to them. Get in the teleporter and kill the last zombie. At the start of the round use the teleporter and throw grenades, when you come back throw a grenade at the lobby double doors, and start a circuit around the map, that's basically the whole thing. I made it to 29, and here's the list of importance for buying things:

Jug

1 decent Pack-a-Punched gun

Speed Cola

2 decent Pack-a-Punched guns

Claymores

Double Tap (only if you have a heavy MG or shotgun)

Ray gun and Thundergun, both Pack-a-Punched

At some point the Ray Gun will not have enough ammo to last you between dogs/max ammo. When this happens you have two options basically:

1: Take a random gun and PaP (you must get 5950 with each gun)

2: Take a gun that makes a lot of points off the wall, PaP and keep coming back for more ammo (you must get 4500 between refills, but the guns aren't as good)

Hope this helps! :D

• 5 weeks later...