Bit o Nostalgia

WELL, i was playing cotd today and felt a little bored so i called up my friends and thought we'd play some WAW of course first pick was der riese, as the game started i got a certain grin on my face then the dogs came and that grin got even wider

as we arrived to the box my friends started spamming it, one got monkeys one got an mg and the other got a ppsh. while i was last and got the dg-2

this is where i started smiling

then we thought wed do the gun glitche(cuz you can never have enough guns to kill freakbags)

at this point i was ecstatic.

after some rounds i ended up with an mg, ray gun,ppsh, dg-2, and a thompson.

at this point my head exploded and all that was left was a fleshy goo that can only be seen in syfy movies.

basically my point is that der riese was the single greatest map pack in the zombie series. from that day i decided that i would play waw as much as i could.

seriously, while everyone is stuck on black ops a real community is on waw(except for the hackers) some of my friends havent even played waw.

who else here misses the der riese days??? or atleast the classic guns

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do miss the WaW days... but not Der Riese. It was far too easy with that catwalk and got boring quick, not to mention the glitch where the DG 2 canceled out juggernog. Shi no numa and Verruckt was where it was at for me. I seriously miss the WaW guns though.

Ill be completely honest and say that when I heard you couldn't get any W@W guns (besides the DG-2) in the box in the classic maps in BO I was disappointed. Gotta love the Browning, MG42, and PPSh.

I do miss the WaW days... but not Der Riese. It was far too easy with that catwalk and got boring quick, not to mention the glitch where the DG 2 canceled out juggernog. Shi no numa and Verruckt was where it was at for me. I seriously miss the WaW guns though.

Ill be completely honest and say that when I heard you couldn't get any W@W guns (besides the DG-2) in the box in the classic maps in BO I was disappointed. Gotta love the Browning, MG42, and PPSh.

Yeah really! One of the things I hated about the classic maps. Also, the group shouldn't be in NDU and Verruckt, and the japanese zombies shouldn't look exactly the same as the nazis in terms of face in Shi no numa

What i really loved about the old maps was the headshots. it might not sound like much but when you shot one in the head with a kar98k, you would literally see chunks of its head fly everywhere. In black ops all you get is a vanishing head and a bit of blood

What i really loved about the old maps was the headshots. it might not sound like much but when you shot one in the head with a kar98k, you would literally see chunks of its head fly everywhere. In black ops all you get is a vanishing head and a bit of blood

And a not very satisfying "Pfft" noise, where as Der Riese headshots where a lovely crunch/splat affair, much more satisfying!

Der Riese is pretty much all I've been playing during the PSN down-time, I can't believe how much I've missed the old guns, espicially the PPSH and DG-2. :D

Yea I wish I was still playing the same map as two years ago over and over and over.

/sarcasm

then treyarch has completed their goal, every game developers goal, really: create a map that people continue to play and dont get bored with. CoD4 was the same way, the entire game rocked and it still rocks.

I do miss those days from two years ago. I had just started high school as well and would stay up late with my friends playing online, mostly on Der Riese. We did try Shi No Numa and made it far, but Der Riese was chosen the most. Some of us camped and the others would run around, I remember one of my friends running loops around the map. The old days . . . wow lol. :lol:

WaW had the better guns and the more "zombie-look" atmosphere.

And a not very satisfying "Pfft" noise, where as Der Riese headshots where a lovely crunch/splat affair, much more satisfying!

Der Riese is pretty much all I've been playing during the PSN down-time, I can't believe how much I've missed the old guns, espicially the PPSH and DG-2. :D

Well actually they have made an update bringing back that headshot splatter sound. It is not on PS3 at the moment as PSN has been off for a while. They will update ps3 when it comes back