So what exactly happened to George?

Okay, ever since I first fired up Call of the Dead It's been on my mind...

What the hell happened to George Romero in this map?..

Folks are acting like it's not part of the plot, that it's some kind of joke map but really it isn't. I don't claim to know the entire story but it's obvious George found some Nazi documents pertaining to Element 115 and or zombies and thought scouting out this location would be perfect for his next film.

The cast and crew show up, they start filming and George is abducted by a rather intelligent zombie. I mean, they've been getting smarter for a while but really, they carried him off without attacking him? It's clear that someone actually did figure out how to control them but why they'd run off with George I don't know...

He comes back big and angry, he's totally unharmed and other than his glowing eyes and booming voice he seems to be normal. Then when you attack him he instantly shifts to a bloody zombie George and goes insane until you cool him off.

I can't help but think of some kind of alternate universe/dimensional thing going on with that. It's just too strange that he shifts like that back and forth. Not to mention he's totally electrified most likely by the Element 115. He's hungry and apparently gets very hot when you piss him off, so the cold must revert him back somehow I guess.

Just not sure what to make of all of this, was hoping to get a discussion started. For the record, this map is canon or whatever so don't drop the default responses in here. If you don't care don't clutter up the discussion.

I know the concept of the map seems goofy but it's pretty damn cool, they're using some great talent and they're adding it into the existing zombies universe.

I didn't see an existing topic on the matter, or at least non that were focused on this aspect so forgive me if this topic has been thoroughly before.

(I know I'm over thinking this, it's just for fun.)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to think that he found out the secrets of Group 935 and tried to apply them to himself, but it went horribly wrong. That would be why he learned of the secrets of group 935 after he turned back.

Good old georgy. Turns out, just rub some Neosporin on him and he's back to normal!

Perhaps that intellegent zombie even tought him some of it... You know, like in the way a lion tought indie to use his whip... No wait, that's not right... Well, if sam controls the zombies, and she and the zombies are becoming more and more alike, whats to stop same from using the zombie as a vessil?

I like your avatar Crimson, and your theories :) [brains]

Thank you, I actually just updated it, what do you think?

Also, I've always been quite zombie minded. I sit around reading the Zombie survival guide in my spare time thinking of how/why zombies do what they do. Speculation is bliss.

As for the topic at hand, I'd like to think that the zombies act on their own... Though the whole controlling them for an army of the undead is pretty likely given what we now know.

I've got to do a bit of research, maybe this Vril theme might have something to do with his exposure to the 115? I mean, the whole Vril generator/golden rod as a source of untapped human energy being a part of the map along with sacrificing someone to gain the generator...

Too many questions, I'm sure glad that the guys at Treyarch put this much time and effort into their maps... It goes far beyond just killing crap, they do their research.

I like your thinking, questioning why George was taken away as a hostage and then returned . . .

I suppose, and this is just off my mind, that George was taken away for some kind of experimentation. I think that the electrified Romero is being possessed somehow by some super being. Perhaps Samantha, or perhaps by the shadow man that appears in the loading screen of Nacht der Untoten.

Aside from the CotD, you said you enjoy questioning why zombies do what they do. I don't know if you have thought about this, but why do their voices deepen? Are they trying to talk? Are they victims to something or someone, or are they out for blood?

listen closely in the opening scene. after the zombie grabs george and runs off, just before michael rooker speaks, there is a splash. ill leave you to it

Another funny thing about that is George does say a thing, even after he's carried off and tackled overboard. Almost as if George was practically living the dream rather than a nightmare. :D