Why I despise the new additions. (rant)

ITS STUPID!

The whole Romero and Actor idea? dumb. Wheres the original 4? oh cool behind a door. What was the whole point of helping Gersch and pissing sam off in the last map if it didnt even continue in this map? theres no expanding on that because we play as the new characters which are all dumb except Trejo. The New sprinters are annoying, thats what made Verruckt so hard. the new perk sucks. the Vr11 sucks. The Scavenger is useless unless you use it as a sniper which is hard to do because of the new sprinters and romero being a pain in the ass. They should have added more weapons for the size of the map. No m60 of AK47 yet? thats dumb to. They need to Add waffle weapons that DO something. We havnt seen a good waffle weapon since Der Reise with the monkeys, face it the thundegun sucks and only knocks them down. And finally the easter egg song....I HATE A7X and thats something "every zombie fan will love" not me because that band is untalented and over hyped. why get rid of Elena and that other guy? they made good fitting music for the maps. The only thing i liked about this map was the map itself and the atmosphere. The rest of it really disapointed me. What are your thoughts? other than me being a bitch (i admit it). Please excuse my errors im on a droid.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with everything you said, but I DO agree about the weapon situation. If you ask me, World at War had all the best weaponry. I liked the Browning M1919 and the PPSH...especially upgraded. I still think that Der Riese is the best map to date....I do like the new map though. The atmosphere is really erie and I like the size. The fact that Juggernog takes 7250 points to get to is a drag but it makes it more challenging. The sprinters don't really bother me too much. You can still out run them if needed. The music I have to agree is a step below Elena's music. I'm not much of a Avenged Sevenfold fan, but I do like the song in CotD. I just wish Treyarch would give us some closure to the original story instead of adding new and confusing things...that may or may not be part of the original story.

George isn't much of a pain in the ass as long as you leave him alone. If you leave him alone, he'll leave you alone. But I like him being there. First of all, he's kind of like a boss battle type deal. And he leave you a perk everytime you kill him. And if you complete the easter egg he always drops the DG-2. So I can't complain about George too much. But I understand your disapointment. We were all expecting so much and we were all a bit let down. I'm a zombie story fan to the fullest, but I can't say this map extends or even adds to the original story. Although theres probably many things to find out still. We're still learning things about Der Riese, Kino, Ascension, even Shi-No-Numa. So who knows, maybe it will get better as time goes on. Sorry for the long post btw.

Respect,

ZombiCidaL

ITS STUPID!

The whole Romero and Actor idea? dumb. Wheres the original 4? oh cool behind a door. What was the whole point of helping Gersch and pissing sam off in the last map if it didnt even continue in this map? theres no expanding on that because we play as the new characters which are all dumb except Trejo. The New sprinters are annoying, thats what made Verruckt so hard. the new perk sucks. the Vr11 sucks. The Scavenger is useless unless you use it as a sniper which is hard to do because of the new sprinters and romero being a pain in the ass. They should have added more weapons for the size of the map. No m60 of AK47 yet? thats dumb to. They need to Add waffle weapons that DO something. We havnt seen a good waffle weapon since Der Reise with the monkeys, face it the thundegun sucks and only knocks them down. And finally the easter egg song....I HATE A7X and thats something "every zombie fan will love" not me because that band is untalented and over hyped. why get rid of Elena and that other guy? they made good fitting music for the maps. The only thing i liked about this map was the map itself and the atmosphere. The rest of it really disapointed me. What are your thoughts? other than me being a bitch (i admit it). Please excuse my errors im on a droid.

the new perk doesn't suck i find it very usefull not have to scope down your gun and auto aim to the head. the V-R11 doesn't suck either it makes human monkey bombs and if romero is rageing it calms him down and if you shoot a teammate there invincible for 30 seconds 60 if pap ed. the scavenger is awesome i dont know what your talking about its like a wunderwaffle but better. also how could you hate the song, avenged freaken sevenfold? they made a better hiddin song then elena her only good one was 115. the map was ment to be hard since kino, five, and ascension were to easy there were so many places to camp on cotd you can camp but only for a short time before romero comes and gets you. I like this map being hard dont know about you. plus if they added guns like the AK47 and the M60 than if would be to easy since the M60 would have like 200 rounds and would probably take 4 shots to kill a zombies then that would be to easy, no. and I think we do just fine with just the dolls now we can have a challange to revive people and will teach people to be carefull. its just my opinion believe what you will.

Lol it's not THAT bad, and the character doesn't effect gameplay.

Also there's a pattern with the BO maps

Kino- original 4

five-new characters

ascension- original 4

call of the dead- new characters

I'm sure the next map will have the original characters.

I like the new map, but George is annoying as hell when you're with the wrong people. So far everyone I've played with didn't know what to do and kept shooting him :|

the song isn't that bad, it's better than the damn eminem song in five. but if you don't like it then don't activate it. if someone else does, turn your tv down or just man up and deal with it. it's not that big of a deal.

i haven't tried the new perk yet, i've only been able to get into 2 or 3 matches. i don't think i'll need it, but my brother (who has terrible aim) likes the idea. if you don't like it it's just one less thing that you need to worry about.

I kinda like the map. Yes, I think it's safe to say the slogan should be changed to "There's a little Dempsey in all of us" from some of the stupid lines they say... They could have made Englund a little more Kruegerish, rather than have him be 'the old guy' of the crew. "Behold, the majesty of flight~" ugh...

As for the songs, I respect your opinion, but I like all of them so far except the Eminem one. Each one of them adds to the plot, except for Eminem's, so I gotta give it to A7X to keep plot to the songs rather than be all "Awesome... A zombie song? Use this song in our new album that wasn't made for zombies, but fits in i guess."

This is my first time hearing A7X except for their apparent songs on the radios on Saint's Row, so.... Yeah, I like em.

The Romero idea... I like it. I no longer get bored of Zombies now. Why? Because every map has always been "Go to this spot, all the time, and hold out because the map doesnt have enough escape routes to run 'n' gun." You can't do that in CotD due to Romero and when skippys shoot him his penis catches on fire and he rapes you unless you cool him off.

But I do agree, there needs to be some way of fixing it for online matches where people go "Trollolololol!" and start shooting him when you're nowhere near water.

The song wasn't half bad but I agree in which CotD is really just a remake of Verruckt with a REALLY annoying zombie that can't be killed and real-life actors as the characters. And Verruckt was (I think I've made this clear numerous times) the WORST zombie map ever made.

The plot, though, was advanced a little bit. It points to how the next map will take place in a location known as "Paradise". And we get a trophy and not just 90 seconds of a useless weapon unlike the previous map, so that's an advancement.

ITS STUPID!

the new perk doesn't suck i find it very usefull not have to scope down your gun and auto aim to the head. the V-R11 doesn't suck either it makes human monkey bombs and if romero is rageing it calms him down and if you shoot a teammate there invincible for 30 seconds 60 if pap ed. the scavenger is awesome i dont know what your talking about its like a wunderwaffle but better. also how could you hate the song, avenged freaken sevenfold? they made a better hiddin song then elena her only good one was 115. the map was ment to be hard since kino, five, and ascension were to easy there were so many places to camp on cotd you can camp but only for a short time before romero comes and gets you. I like this map being hard dont know about you. plus if they added guns like the AK47 and the M60 than if would be to easy since the M60 would have like 200 rounds and would probably take 4 shots to kill a zombies then that would be to easy, no. and I think we do just fine with just the dolls now we can have a challange to revive people and will teach people to be carefull. its just my opinion believe what you will.

Only good one was 115? Are you serious? lol

Oh well . . . not going to go against your opinion on that.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

The whole idea of George and the actors is one of the things I love about this map. It's totally based on a classic zombie film vibe and that's pretty damn cool if you ask me. The talent they got together (don't see how you can say Robert Englund is lame...) along with George himself... That's bad ass. If you even consider yourself a zombie film fan that alone should make you drool.

The old characters will be back, it's not the end of the world if they're gone for one single map pack. Honestly it's nice to have a break from "BLOOD GUZZLING BONE JUNKIES" and ranting about ex wives if you ask me.

As for the whole Ascension Easter egg, as far as I was concerned that was the goal for that map alone. Think of each zombies map as an episode in a TV show, they don't always connect to each other, that was just one story and now we're on the next one.

The Wunder Weapons are fine, the V-R11 is specific to this map and if you use it properly George isn't even an issue while playing. The Scavenger is an AMAZING weapon even if you don't use it as a sniper. Shoot a shot in front of you and run past, you'll notice every zombie behind you has been vaporized.

As for the song, everyone has different tastes. You can't be pissed that every song in the game isn't tailored to your preferences.

The only point I agree with you on is the lack of the AK47 and M60, I really wanted my M60...

(Oh and I just joined, I've lurked for months, in fact I joined simply to post this.)

If Romero wasn't in the map, it would be a really good map IMO. Challenging, different, a nice break, but the thing Romero this is WAY too far. I used to be a fan of Romero's movies, but know I want to shoot him in the face with a Scavenger in real life. People are playing zombies more than ever now because of how screwed up and horrid the multiplayer is, but this is giving everyone the wrong idea of what it is. No randoms I find even know about the storyline, and they probably play zombies a lot too. It's sad really. Give us a nice, medium sized map, with our old perks, wunderweapons, old characters, Hell Hounds and strategies back, and if that's the last zombies map ever, then it damn sure went out good.

Call me crazy but I don't like playing the same old thing over and over. I like new themes, new weapons, new perks and new characters. George makes you think, you can't just grab a hand full of rayguns and sit in a corner for three hours until you're finally overrun.

I used to play that way but Call of the Dead has forced me out of my comfort zone, I've had to adapt my play style and get on the run and gun bandwagon.

It's actually kinda exhilarating playing, you're panicked and you feel a bit more like a zombie attack should in my opinion. I used to hate zombies back in the day on World at war, holding down a window until 4AM and your fingers are bleeding.

Anyhow, not to rant but I love this map and I think folks need to give it a chance.

Call me crazy but I don't like playing the same old thing over and over. I like new themes, new weapons, new perks and new characters. George makes you think, you can't just grab a hand full of rayguns and sit in a corner for three hours until you're finally overrun.

I used to play that way but Call of the Dead has forced me out of my comfort zone, I've had to adapt my play style and get on the run and gun bandwagon.

It's actually kinda exhilarating playing, you're panicked and you feel a bit more like a zombie attack should in my opinion. I used to hate zombies back in the day on World at war, holding down a window until 4AM and your fingers are bleeding.

Anyhow, not to rant but I love this map and I think folks need to give it a chance.

Yeah, but I really didn't want a running around in circles map again. This is just running around in bigger, more deformed circles. They even said so in the Inside Xbox video "we didn't want to ruin anyone's gameplay" and "the zombies formula is something we don't want to mess with." Since then, they have messed with the formula and ruined some peoples gameplay. All I'm saying are facts.

i honestly dont thiink they have ruined anyones gameplay.

there are small circles you can run ex. outside the back of the lighthouse (dont open the bridge it works better) or big loops you can run, ex. flipper/lighthouse stairs/hold for a lil/ zip line to ship back to flipper. one works for campers, one works for runners, and if you dont want to run a loop there is always a way to move around the map that hasnt had zombies spawn in it.

I just wish we got so much more answers with this map! I love the layout and we've been waiting for this map since we saw the lighthouse pictures. I would have very much appreciated getting more answers then more elaboration on the experiments. now if they finished the storyline and then decided to add these new characters i wouldn't have that much of a beef because it would be Romero's own storyline with his characters. But i really dislike the Fictional and Real life character combination if that makes sense. I understand what all you guys are saying with Romero being a Boss type character, but he really isnt he just gets in the way. I only play with my friend steve, mainly cuz i dont have any other friends on my list willing to shell out 15 bucks for a zombie map and we split up and buy both ways and 9 times out of 10, Romero who shows his ugly face when im in the light house and i shoot him trying to kill other zombies. Then it becomes one messy game of ring around the rosey with me always getting down. Now the Pentagon Theif was more of a boss because he came every 5 rounds and stole your weapons. Romero is just a creepy stalker that enjoys having 3 million health and saying bad jokes, I think they should make a shotgun type wonder weapon, lets face it the HS10, Stakeout and Olympia all lose there cool after round 15 even PaP. We do not need 3 snipers showing up in the box, and Avenged Sevenfold isnt talented and M Shadows bitch ass voice drives me up a wall. And the Headshot perk is useless for me because i already aim for the head when i got it i saw no differance other than losing 1500 points. I guess these are all things we learn over time whats good and whats not so good. But i hate not being able to play as dempsey =[.

I have to agree with the Avenged Sevenfold thing. They are SUCH a mainstream/overhyped band it hurts my ears. A7X

That's true though (except for the W@W part).

I completely agree with how you say it's more exhilerating, and how you feel panicked like a real zombie map should. It's what I love about it so much. With other maps as soon as you know the area, that feeling goes straight away. It's nice to have something different.

I don't agree with W@W though, it was good. although it was why it got old

Jug is oddly to far away, but, if you go up the boat, and then across the platform, and into the door, it only takes 2750 points to get to jug, I always got that way and grab the mp40.

George is Annoying, I wish it were easier to kill him and keep him dead forever. If I want zombies for gameplay, I'll probably go back and play the classic maps... BO maps just aren't that good except for ascension.

Characters are stoopid, The chick is annoying. Ziplines and flinger a very nice though.

I disagree with the whole A7X thing, this is their first big non-album track since loosing their drummer, which gives the new drummer a chance to shine, and good god does he ever.

Anyways, this map isn't stupid at all and there is story advancement if you turn on Richtofan's radios. We learn WHY he murdered Maxis and Samantha back at Der Riese, we're pretty much positive that Richtofan's doing some kind of experiments on the other 3 heroes AND that he's done other experiments on other characters, things like that.

And why's everyone so against having Sarah Michelle Gellar on this map? Cause she whines and bitches? Like every other zombie character has in certain situations?

The new weapons are incredibly useful, the only reason anyone would "hate them" so easily is cause they suck at using them.

Quite honestly, this is becoming my new favorite map. I love our old characters, I love that whole story line, don't get me wrong, but sitting in one spot for hours at a time with 4 rayguns and a thundergun got so. damn. boring. This is SUCH a fresh change for the zombie pace.

It annoys me that Treyarch only puts like 10% of the stuff we want into their maps. What happened to the AK-47 like on the poster? What happened to the machetes,pitchfork, and akimbo shotguns? I HATED how they put that in the trailer and then just leave it out! I like the zipline idea though. They need an Amm-o-Matic machine in the game! Maybe even add a stopping power perk? George Romero could be a real pain, but i can deal with him. I like the fact that he drops free perks. I also hate that not all the weapons are included in zombies! INCLUDE ALL WEAPONS! Also, what happened to that attachment machine? Their next/final map pack better be something to remember like Der Riese. Bring back the Wunderwaffe, maybe include all of the wonder weapons from the past maps including A NEW ONE. Include double PaP, new perks, HUGE Map with stormy weather, have new rides and traps, new, ultimate zombie boss (maybe samantha), include bonfire sale, free perk, and death machine as the reward, DROWN it in easter eggs, maybe even reveal samantha and most importantly, INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL ZOMBIE CAST.

Okay, I spoke a bit hastily about World at War. I just had a few bad experiences when I got the game. Having a friend sit in a lame ass glitch ordering me to hold X on a window as I feather a flamethrower at the zombies for hours on end. It just go really boring is all, though I didn't really get to play Shi No Numa or Der Riese very much and those seem to be favorites among the classics.

If I had the classics on Black Ops, I'm sure I'd enjoy them.

I just want to say that they do change it up a bit for each map obviously, the fact they put stuff in the trailer like a pitchfork (Which i wanted) or akimbo shotguns kinda makes me upset but as long as they bring in new ideas each map i feel fine about it. they cant do the same thing over and over each map, they put in five as a fun little map even bringing in two new weapons and the fact they did add many new features to this map makes me happy. we cant always play as the old crew all the flipping time now cant we? if we did for this map we would be stuck behind a door. just sayin.