How to set the dials - calculator

Hi dear community

Since I'm a math student, i analyzed the dials mathematically, and made a JaveScript HTML File.

Link:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.toms-veranstaltungstechnik.ch/zombies/dials.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out in the net are many tactics, that work only for certain initial states. I guarantee, that this file above works always and shows always the shortest method.

You enter the initial number of each dial. Then you are told, how often you have to hit yellow, how often orange, how often blue, and how often purple. If you do this, you'll get the final wanted combination 2746 at the end in only 4 steps. Works for any initial state. So there is no more "hit purple x times, count these times, then hit blue some times, then go back to purple, blabla, hit orange as often you hit purple" and so on.

Call of the dead COTD tutorial easter egg guide quick quickest fast fastest method option

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Do you actually have to change this "WENN" in an english or other languaged excel version???

Cause I just saw, that it can still get you negative numbers or numbers above 9, which i would like to correct with even more "WENN"'s.

Edit: I just put in these "WENN" in some hidden [white font color on white background] side calculation fields. I hope this is no problem for you guys. However, now you have the minimal effort to go for the correct solution. I mean, if you hit a button 25 times or 5 times, doesn't matter, and I don't wanna guys hit it that often if 5 times are enough :) I just hope Microsoft put something in that you don't have to change anything in the file. Sad I didn't get an answer to the question above, tough.

• 5 weeks later...

i know i can do this.

but you know what is easier? running to each dial multiple times, pressing around, counting how often, press a dial so another one is correct and stuff. pretty annoying imho.

that is why i present my solution here, which comes in really handy especially on pc with the ingame browser.