Interaction with Romero

So this is one of those what if topics, I wanted to post this topic before people start to pull apart the map coding and decide that they know all there is to know.

When I watched the video for CotD, Jimmy Zielinski talked about the map and gave us a tip. He said shoot everything, he also said to watch Romero as there were multiple ways to interact with him.

His comments are best heard first hand so nothing is lost in translation, so...

Uqozu5r9FC0

So my question is this, in solving the achievments has there been any need to shoot everything? or has it been nescacery to interact with Romero?

Is it possible there is more left to discover in the map outside of the achievments. Easter Eggs dont usualy yeild achievments, which leaves me thinking that sending Tank and Co on their way was not the EE, if of course there is an EE in this map.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah Dude i know what you mean, i posted something about this on some other topic, and all anyone said is they have no idea. i looked online nothing.. there must be more to what meets the eye here!

yea ive been curious about this for a while but though id just wait and see.

ALSO!!!!!!

did anyone see the tips at the beginning of zombies???

enemies turn crosshairs red but WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN THE CROSSHAIRS TURN BLUE.

has anyone had their crosshairs turn blue.

could be connected to romero

I was watching a JTV stream and they were shooting Romero on land and just before they "kill" him, his Stage light breaks and sparks organge instead of blue. He also runs around like this until taking too many hits then he calmly walks to the water and sinks lol

i know you get a gold one when you aim the VR-11 at a teammate but i have never seen blue, maybe the scavenger/hyena?

*edit*

they wouldnt name it after a perk/scavenging animal if it only exploded, maybe you can give team mates ammo with it?

gonna try it when i get home see if anything happens.

Unless i have missed it multiple times he does not mention anything about blue crosshairs in the Inside XBOX video. It was mentioned above because it shows up on the loading screen for COTD. If you could point out in the video where its mentioned I would reconsider but as of now I see no reason to believe that the blue crosshairs are any different in this map than the others.

closed my topic and brought it here

In the inside Xbox video the dev. mentions there are things for those who want to kill him, but there are other ways to interact him.

ok so we have

1: dont shoot him at all and he leaves you alone

2: make him disappear with the VR-11

3: kill him for some drops.

----

seems to me like #1 isnt really what he was talking about cus its the opposite of interaction.

#2/3 are killing him, so i think we are missing a way to interact with romero. maybe have a teammate who has been shot by the VR-11 (puts them in "zombie mode") shoot romero.

think about it, humans shoot romero and he attacks them, but what if the human in zombie mode and attacks him, will he attack zombies?

theories theories theories.

When george screams and hits the ground for what seems to be no apparent reason, you can hear what sounds like a stone door sliding open or closed. In the trailer the developers say there were other ways to interact with george besides killing him, what did he mean? Also in the original trailer you can see an HK21 with a scope and drum mag attatched. Where did these come from? I dont think it was accicdently put in the video. I believe there is a connection between george, the strange glyph/symbol on the ice wall in the pond at the beginning and these weapon attatchments. Ive been trying to figure this out but my efforts have yielded nothing but confusion and frustration. We've done the "big" egg so lets move on to finding out how to get weapon attatchments? :shock:

maybe if we keep him in certain areas, the cave, by the door blocking the old crew, etc. he open something. could it possibly disrupt the forcefield thing?

im home right now if anyone wants to try some of this stuff lemme know

gt: tokempole

Unless you have to shoot/ press the action button on a certain object and a Stone Rolls open...

OR!

When Jesus was Resurrected in the Bible, the Stone was rolled open. Then 'Lazarus' is in the bible as well, jesus healed him.

Could this be some sort of Biblical connection? After all, we've had the Satanic links, why not Godly ones?

first, eman SAN DIEGO REPRESENT!!!!!!!!! i think you might be on my friends list...idk i have an eman.

Secondly,

tried shooting romero with the dg-2 same results as any other time, i didnt have enough ammo to kill him with it though... if you even can.

It takes A LOT to kill him, but I assure you that it can be done.

I did it today in solo, and it took a full waffle, a whole death machine, a full v-r11 (not upped), most of a Hyena Infra-Dead, 3 or 4 full scavengers, plus other random damage from throughout the game. I got another death machine which finally put him down. He starts to spark orange instead of blue when you're getting close, and drops a waffle once you kill him. You also get a free perk, but it's not a pick-up, it just gives it to you.

He does return after like 2 rounds, though. This, however, does make it possible to get all seven perks.

random thought here

has anyone tried shooting romero into the green light part of the achievement.

idk if it has been done or not

i proposed this idea earlier, but i havent (and i dont think anyone else has) been able to co-ordinate enouh to get romero close enough to dying, at the same point as the green light to be able to kill him with the VR-11, not in the spawn area water.