Feedback on Call Of The Dead

Let's see:

Pros

1)DOUBLE TAP

2) the map being large(also number 1 con)

3) the mp40 coming back. I really like this gun

4) DOUBLE TAP

5) the Semtex grenades. Nice

6) the ziplines from the getting on and riding perspective(more to come on the landing)

7) the ice slide

8) the deadshot daiquiri. Its godly if paired with a galil and double tap

9) DOUBLE TAP. I love it being right next to the power so it can be first perk found

10) the scavenger gun. Top of lighthouse. Game over

11) Danny Trèjo. I am from Texas and I own a construction company, so hearing a little Spanish reminds me of home

Cons

1) map being almost too big and taking forever to open juggernaut.

2) the landing area from the zipline at the top of the lighthouse. Deadtrap.

3) Sarah michelle gellar, Freddy Krueger, and that other guy. They add nothing to the story, and when I get one of them, I feel disappointed like I did in kino or ascension when I would get takeo, or McNamara on five.

4) the new wonder weapon. Bad concept, bad design, bad integration. Very rarely do you have 3 bads with no goods

5) no monkey bombs

6) no max ammo every 5 rounds

7) the fog when Pack a punch is open

8) the zombies move faster on round 5 in cotd than round 30 in any other map

9) shoot a zombies head off and he still follows me running from jug to the lighthouse

10) zombies are way overpowered in this one and they swing faster

11) the sickle was too damn hard to find

I am meh on george. I could give 2 shits less about him.

Overall map score: 8.8/10

See, you guys thought I couldn't have a serious post

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PROS:

- challenging (no more instantly committing to a 4 HOUR match when you want to play, like ascension)

- Georges quote: "You can't outrun me!!!... Well... you can, but DON'T!!"

- less windows at the beginning = less kids complaining you stole their window

- zip lines and flipper are pretty cool

- nobody trying to steal my perks or guns

- new characters are fine with me

- "Not Ready to Die" song is good

- lots of easter eggs and the big one gives decent reward

- Deadshot Daiquiri is cool, and cheap (1500)

- Semtex

- the sprinter zombies are intense

- getting downed on the ship and flipping over to your buddies on the lighthouse

- going down zip line with death machine is bad ass

- Double tap

CONS:

- Sometimes it takes a ridiculous amount of time to locate a crawler when you are looking to start next round (?? just me maybe)

- Sniping is highlighted in this map? Good luck

- Misleading trailers and previews

- George, overall he is pretty useless and his voice is cheesy and how he is there the entire time makes him less cool

- I've been told where the sickle is located and I still can't find it

- the lighthouse dials are overly confusing to set

- zombies still move normal speed when going through water but player seems to be moving in molasses

- VR-11

- once on the front of the ship, no easy way to get to back of the ship again ??

- they knew we wanted an AK47 or PPSH...

I love the map though!

--KONVICT!!!

I think this is the hardest card of the play with 4 ppl, especially cuss is all randoms box whores and the points should be used to work with it to Juggernaut first, but jugged is so damn far away lol. i dont like how this card to activate any traps, but I Geuss the free disciplines make up for that.

I really think its a good Map, but with bad things. I like how the Easter Egg Quest can be done on SOLO too instead of With Four Players. And it was challenging in certain Steps and not in every one.

The Idea of George as a Sub Boss was cool but to have him Constantly in the Game for every Round was a pain. Even if you Cause him to Retreat, it don't last for long. Also the MAX AMMO not dropping when you kill him is a BIG CON.

One thing I'm Missing the most is Death Traps. I good Electric Fence or Turret would of been handy.

The Wunderwaffe making its return was cool but making it a Power-Up was bad. Treyarch should of added that in the Game as a Mystery Box Item in case no one liked the VR11. I wonder if a Patch can fix that?

The New Characters were Cool. They wanted to Mix it up and that was okay. I'm sure this will be the Only time they Do That. Sure the next Map will have the Original Four.

• 3 weeks later...

after a month of playing this I can honestly say I now hate this map. the initial change and originallity of the differences in the map i thought were brilliant now I just think they have detracted from the zombies franchise.

The idea of George is good but the implamentation is awful and ruins the gaem for me. I used to play ascension and older maps for hours but I can't play CotD without getting completely annoyed with it. they have taken it too far.

its just not fun to play anymore IMo and all the people i play this with online have gone back to older maps.

lets hope if they do a 3rd map pack they go back tto the old characters and storyline and the old style of maps that are actually fun to play!

• 2 weeks later...

1) No max ammo when George is killed.

2) No monkey bombs, gersh device, or anything of the sort. Just the matriska dolls.

3) How stupid far away Jugger is. That's my biggest complaint, you have to have at LEAST 4720 to open all the doors and turn power on, not counting the cost of Jugger, guns, and ammo in the mean time, etc.

A little complain is if you have a crawler, and he has taken just a bit too much damage, he can die in the water without a shot fired. That has ruined many games while people were spread out getting guns, box hits, perks, etc. All of a sudden the zombie dies, and we all happen to be at opposite corners of the map.

-Loss of that homey feeling. I feel like they're slowing killing the series.

^ Man you said it best with that statement. I went back to playing Der Reise, Verruct etc...and I just felt like I was actually playing zombies again. With COTD, I feel like it's impossible to have any kind of team work going...plus if someone goes down, you have to take a cab to revive them in time. Plus it's to damn hard. Yes, I know a challenge is good, but you don't even get a chance to have fun and kill zombies. As for the new weapons, they're boring and dumb. Not fun to use and doesn't give you that "zombie slayer" feel.

I hate this map. I understand that there needs to be a some kind of challenge to the game, but at what cost? I buy these map packs with the intention of pounding some beers with friends, and shooting a bunch of zombies with a bunch of different weapons. Plain and simple. I could honestly care less about the Easter eggs and all of that boring crap. As for the Romero thing and adding some "mainstream" characters, well, that just made this map cheesy. It reminds me of the ridiculous 4-door Jeep Wranglers. They took a classic thing and ruined it. It seems like its become trendy to complain about a game being way too easy and not difficult enough, but COTD is just to damn frustrating. I just wanna kill zombies and have fun. I don't need this ridiculous challenge. I abhor the new weapons. I'll honestly take the China Lake over either one of them. I swear they're trying to turn zombies into this huge, trendy franchise. I liked it better when it was simple and straight forward. People complain that it gets boring, but anything can get boring if you play it to much. Anyway, just please get rid of this gay SH!T...please...

I hate this map. I understand that there needs to be a some kind of challenge to the game, but at what cost? I buy these map packs with the intention of pounding some beers with friends, and shooting a bunch of zombies with a bunch of different weapons. Plain and simple. I could honestly care less about the Easter eggs and all of that boring crap. As for the Romero thing and adding some "mainstream" characters, well, that just made this map cheesy. It reminds me of the ridiculous 4-door Jeep Wranglers. They took a classic thing and ruined it. It seems like its become trendy to complain about a game being way too easy and not difficult enough, but COTD is just to damn frustrating. I just wanna kill zombies and have fun. I don't need this ridiculous challenge. I abhor the new weapons. I'll honestly take the China Lake over either one of them. I swear they're trying to turn zombies into this huge, trendy franchise. I liked it better when it was simple and straight forward. People complain that it gets boring, but anything can get boring if you play it to much. Anyway, just please get rid of this gay SH!T...please...

You'd rather have the China Lake than the Scavenger? Did I read that right? lol

I think this map is good. The reason for this is the atmosphere of the map. You would believe that there would be zombies there. It has an eerie feeling that the previous ones are lacking. The first few times I played this map, I was genuinely scared. I have not felt this since shi no Numa. And you notice that that was in a swamp. I feel that they need to choose their locations similarly to this map and make the feel of it the same. Make it dark and scary, it is more fun!

As for George, it is really annoying when he traps you against a wall and there is nothing you or your teammates can do to escape, you just have to wait until you're dead. I Haven't tried the scavenger yet but I have got the vril and it is absolute shit. If I get it in the random box again I won't even pick it up. All it is, is a waste of a gun space.

lol you can tell an Xbox user from a PS3 user on this thread. All the Xbox guys are like "this map is beat" and all the PS3 users are like "yea this map is awesome!" lol Well it makes sense since Xbox had it a month before everyone else.

I just got it last Thursday but I was playing it very often on my buddies XBox. Obviously I got a PS3...but I gotta say...I LOVE this map. I'm a zombie fan. Not just CoD zombies, but zombie's. In terms of movies and stuff. Treyarch said this map is for zombie fans. Not CoD Zombie fans. This map is truly a masterpiece for me.

I love the atmosphere. I love everything about this map EXCEPT for the V-R11. It sucks. The scavenger would be a lot better if it wasn't a timed explosion...say for instance, if it exploded as soon as it landed. Now that would have been awesome. But seriously though, this map is great. I love it. I get in the 20's easy every time I play except co op. I'm better solo. Theres so much to explore.

I hope theres more to it though and not just the one Paradise easter egg. I've been shooting everything with every gun with no results. But I'm still trying.

A bit late with my reply, but...

PROS:

-Scavenger is pretty good

-Sprinter zombies

-Ziplines

-All perks

-Atmosphere

-Flinger :D

CONS:

-George Romero is quite annoying and too big/hard to kill. He blocks stairs and gets in the way of camping.

-I want the original characters back ;_;

-Zombies can kill you much more easily if you don't have Juggernog

-Juggernog takes too long to get

PROS:

-Scavenger. Yes it is awesome, make sure the best player gets it, as it's no use when being downed.

-Mapsize. Making the "full map unlock" a mission itself, rather than having your main area totally unlocked by the first few levels.

-All perks available.

-New zombies, new costumes, new spawnsystem (makes you check your back 1 extra time)

-Romero. Yeah, I do hate him too, but its still good to have some new elements in the game. He maintains the "we are on the mission" (in this case to kill him) feeling that you sometimes loose in the repetetive kino rounds. And he drops some good treasure :)

-Easter egg. Finally, a decent easter egg/storymode. And this one actually has a good reward (DG-2) unlike the Ascention story, a freakin deathmachine?? come on...

-Weather. Cold and creepy, I like it!

-Catapult and ziplines. Especially the catapult, its awesome.

CONS:

NUMBER 1, WEAPONS:

How the hell with all your million dollars can you NOT GIVE US SOME MORE NEW WEAPONS?

I mean, the VR 11 is pretty boring, and you dont really need it. The Scavenger is awesome, yes. But thats all? 1 freaking decent weapon?? There should be some new wall-weapons, some new mysterybox machineguns, some new "monkeybomb/gerchdevice" like devices. Maybe not trick us with the trailer? I was hoping for machetes, ak47, new shotgun, a pitchfork, maybe a flamethrower?

- No traps? No turrets? No teleporters?

Why the hell would they remove these elements? Isnt cod zombies "plain" enough as it is? In my opinion all these elements make the game more variable and fun to play. I don't like the way they just removed this. I used these things in my strategies, man....

- No dogs? Spacemonkeys?

I seem to be the only one in this thread that noticed this: WHERE ARE THE DOGS :P

I don't like the way this just made max ammo a totally random event.

- No Gersch? No monkey?

Some lame stunt to make us try the matroyska?

- Only one path to the main boat, witch makes it almost impossible to revive a fallen mate on the top. And its a pain in the ass to run all the way.

- Romero. You also should drop a max ammo when we kill you. And loose some armor, please. You also shouldnt be able to physically push us away i.e. when we revive someone, thats freaking annoying :P

- Something "harder" to go for. I've always missed some greater objective in this game. The easter egg is a good start, but when its over and you have the 7 perks, what then?

Its just same old after that....

Gimme a boss, with superepic loot.

Gimme a repack-your-punch 2.0 for 20 000points or something..

Just make something more awesome, and gimme!

PROS:

-Scavenger. Yes it is awesome, make sure the best player gets it, as it's no use when being downed.

-Mapsize. Making the "full map unlock" a mission itself, rather than having your main area totally unlocked by the first few levels.

-All perks available.

-New zombies, new costumes, new spawnsystem (makes you check your back 1 extra time)

-Romero. Yeah, I do hate him too, but its still good to have some new elements in the game. He maintains the "we are on the mission" (in this case to kill him) feeling that you sometimes loose in the repetetive kino rounds. And he drops some good treasure :)

-Easter egg. Finally, a decent easter egg/storymode. And this one actually has a good reward (DG-2) unlike the Ascention story, a freakin deathmachine?? come on...

-Weather. Cold and creepy, I like it!

-Catapult and ziplines. Especially the catapult, its awesome.

CONS:

NUMBER 1, WEAPONS:

How the hell with all your million dollars can you NOT GIVE US SOME MORE NEW WEAPONS?

I mean, the VR 11 is pretty boring, and you dont really need it. The Scavenger is awesome, yes. But thats all? 1 freaking decent weapon?? There should be some new wall-weapons, some new mysterybox machineguns, some new "monkeybomb/gerchdevice" like devices. Maybe not trick us with the trailer? I was hoping for machetes, ak47, new shotgun, a pitchfork, maybe a flamethrower?

- No traps? No turrets? No teleporters?

Why the hell would they remove these elements? Isnt cod zombies "plain" enough as it is? In my opinion all these elements make the game more variable and fun to play. I don't like the way they just removed this. I used these things in my strategies, man....

- No dogs? Spacemonkeys?

I seem to be the only one in this thread that noticed this: WHERE ARE THE DOGS :P

I don't like the way this just made max ammo a totally random event.

- No Gersch? No monkey?

Some lame stunt to make us try the matroyska?

- Only one path to the main boat, witch makes it almost impossible to revive a fallen mate on the top. And its a pain in the ass to run all the way.

- Romero. You also should drop a max ammo when we kill you. And loose some armor, please. You also shouldnt be able to physically push us away i.e. when we revive someone, thats freaking annoying :P

- Something "harder" to go for. I've always missed some greater objective in this game. The easter egg is a good start, but when its over and you have the 7 perks, what then?

Its just same old after that....

Gimme a boss, with superepic loot.

Gimme a repack-your-punch 2.0 for 20 000points or something..

Just make something more awesome, and gimme!

Awesome first post. i agree on everything you said

Afer 3 months, my feedback on the map is:

PRO'S

[*:2q0wl2wi]The winter environment with all its details. It's not such a boring, desperate, depressing "horror" environment. It's just a winter outdoor place, that obviously could exist in real. It's not so sterile like many other maps.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]The combination of some camping spots, some rape train spots, some flopping spots, and whatever. Everybody can play how he wants.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]The DG-2, I love it.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]The Scavenger. A very nice and fun gun. Even epic if it had infinite damage.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]Nice easter egg.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]The challenge to kill george (and still having ammo for the next rounds).

CON'S

[*:2q0wl2wi]The lack of a regular monkey/dog round with a guaranteed max ammo. These rounds would be done so fast, and make you progress way faster. If you are on round 50 or so: If you take 30min or 1min for a round is kinda... yeah.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]The fog. I need overview.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]The VR-11 is a joke. OK, I know, insta kill and stuff... But usually you don't reach the point, where you use this.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]Lack of traps, lack of "infinite damage guns" makes it impossible to go towards high rounds in this map, especially in solo, where you can't profit of the insta kill of the VR.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]The lack of the Gersh device or the monkey bomb. Difficult to revive.
    [*:2q0wl2wi]The lack of fast connection to some spots. E.g., how should you revive your mate, when you are on the top of the lighthouse and he got downed in the power room? And about 0.1% of randoms know that they should use the flinger in that situation.

When they made this map they should have made it were when you kill george he drops a max... that would make it so much easier. But treyarch doesnt want easier, thats why they added george in the first place. Playing with people who keep making george mad gets really annoying... other than that I kind of like this map.

Great map overall.

PROS:

great training areas throughout
finally a girl character...
once you learn the strategy, the map becomes similar to that of Kino der Toten
can survive FOREVER

CONS

No thundergun! (I WANT IT BACK STUPID TREYARCH)

Sarah makes a manly grunt when dolphin-diving (LOL)

Zombies somehow spawn when they feel like it within any given round.

I don't love this map but I don't hate it either.

PROS:

Large map; perfect for maneuvering

Scavenger: that gun cleans house

Awesome Easter Egg

Avenged Sevenfold's song is beast :D

Sarah Michelle Gellar (I've always thought she's hot)

CONS:

Romero: I don't mind his gameplay that much, I just find his voice annoying. Maybe if he didn't talk unless you attacked him...

Zombies swing way too fast and their range is like they have Mr. Fantastic arms :x

While the map is wide open, as a consequence the perks and the mystery box are too far apart

Weak Wonder Weapons (VR-11) and no Thundergun

No devices for distracting zombies (i.e. Gersch Devices, Monkeys, etc)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like Geogre because he keeps you all on your feet! (Even When you shoot him)

i also like the fact that they all come from the ground except for a few, keeping you from waiting while they break through and or come close!

1 other thing is no camping, I HATE CAMPERS!!!! I mean if it like being pinned up against a wall in zombies, that is okay.

Cons:

7000+ just to get to juggernog

When online, people make George mad and George always finds me

zombies are like Mr. Fantastic.

No African American (that would be so awesome!!!)

and the spacing out of the perks and MB is to much.