George Romero

Just a quick tip to get rid of George. Just sickle him and dodge his swings. It takes about 10-15 minutes with a sickle and a wall gun to get rid of him.It's actually fun. kinda like taking a break from zombies. Also Once you get to a decent round you should have enough points to abuse the box and unload most of the ammo on him. And yes be sure to keep that crawler alive.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this thread is, quite frankly, about George I thought I'd post a tid-bit of info from what I recently found out removing George from the map.

He is able to be brought down with the Sickle equiped with Juggernaug of course. (I understand this has already been found). This is not my "thing" I found out.

George is WEAKEST when knifed in the back or shot in the head. He is strongest when fought head-on aka shot and stabbed in the front. I noticed this when I was trying to get rid of him for awhile with a friend. I told him I will get rid of George if he kept the crawler busy. Well, I led George back to the start area. I had the Sickle, Juggernaug, PhD Flopper, Speed Cola, and Deadshot Daquiri. As I was knifing I took note that it was taking a long time. So I figured I'd try something new. I started to knife him in the back with the sickle. It was taking less time to weaken his light. I was only able to stab him in the back when he was throwing his fits in the water. However, once I discovered this, I had my friend distract him while I ran behind and stabbed him. Some semtexs stuck to his head with a FULL thing of MP40 ammo (192 plus 30 in clip) he was off the map within 20-25mins. It only took long because I was trying to conserve ammo in my PaPed RPK and my friend had 2 wall guns unPaPed (MPL and AK-74u)

I understand this is hard to believe until proven. However, at the same time, how often on this site have I contributed info regarding Easter Eggs and intel and stuff?

I welcome any and all individuals to try this and let me know if my findings hold true. This is something I noticed. Draw back with killing George with the Sickle is he literally disappears infront of your eyes. He doesn't leave a drop or anything. Only way for him to leave drops is with PaPed weapons (Scavenger and Ray gun work BEST on George when PaPed. Same goes with the RPK and HK21 PaPed. Also, explosives and explosive weapons work WONDERS on him. The LAW & Chine Lake and PaPed m-16 with it's underbarrel noob-toob)

So there you go. Headshots and being shot and stabbed in the back weaken him the quickest when you are trying to save ammo.

Try and see ;)

If I wasnt very good at video games It would bother me but considering camping isnt the only thing I am capable of, I think it was a good addition.

Camping during zombies is a legit strategy which has nothing to do with being good or bad at video games. Regardless of your strategy, having your teammates shoot him all the time won't help you. George is bad, not just because he ruins camping, but because of his dynamic and how he interacts, it changes the game mode too drastically.

Camping during zombies was a legit strategy, and I think they realized the game was too easy so they added George. Im not saying someone is bad at video games if they dislike George, im just saying being good at video games makes it easy to adapt to. Personally I avoid playing with teammates who are going to just shoot George, and have worked out a strategy to deal with him easily and effectively the whole game.

TBH Id be pretty disappointed if they just gave us another circle to run in endlessly. I am glad they are working to add new material and challenges to make sure it isnt the same thing over and over.

I had a team of zombie players and we were dedicated to the cause. we had over come the dogs, scientists and monkeys. we had a good time and we played every map that 3arc created. but George ruined it for us. we do not play anymore. the one thing that gets me is this is a game you are going to lose no matter what. you cannot win; that's the idea. i have never had more fun losing in a game. lol. you sooner or later get to a hairy point and zombies are running everywhere. it can be utter chaos and any second you and you teams are going to lose it. so why make a game harder when its already impossible to win? yeah, we had a guy kite George around to get him away, while someone held a zombie or created a crawler. it just took the fun right out of the game and made it tedious and overly time-consuming. we gave it our best shot, but it just was not fun enough to play anymore. i know i am not be the best player in the game, at best i am average. and i am okay with that. like it was said in the quote, it just changed the game too much.

^^

Dude, just wait for the next map pack. I am sure this is just a filler, you should have all your fav monkeys/dogs/traps and gersches in next map packs.

I have no problem handling George myself at any round. This map is as good as any other maps if not better IMO.

^^

Dude, just wait for the next map pack. I am sure this is just a filler, you should have all your fav monkeys/dogs/traps and gersches in next map packs.

I have no problem handling George myself at any round. This map is as good as any other maps if not better IMO.

i do think this map design is absolutely awesome. too bad you cant turn off George. oh well, maybe next map we will get back into it.

I like George, he's funny. Anyway, I like the idea of killing him and getting 7 perks, and working hard not losing those 7 perks. It's not that hard to kill him in solo anyway. Pap Ballistic Knife + Sickle = 160 stabs to kill George. This is only if his health is static for the whole game, if his health goes up every round like the zombies then yeah I guess it'll be a bit more but still I find that the easiest way to kill him in solo or split-screen.

I kinda like George because it does take away the camping strategy or at least makes you alter it. I hate how in the other levels everyone goes to the same spot and covers the same areas, it gets old and boring quickly. It's great when you just have to suddenly cheese it and try stay alive while on the move. I think people who appreciate a "challenge" will understand him but if all you want to do is get to crazy levels then CoTD isn't for you.

I don't think George would be so bad if there was a way to make him go away...for good. I like him to an extent b/c it's nice to have all the perks, and kind of fun to kill him solo. But when you add more players, not to mention trying to deal with the hoards of zombies at higher rounds, he becomes more of a pain than it's worth. I have yelled so many times at the TV b/c a random grenade bounced off of a zombies head or something and pissed him off, ultimately dooming me. That, or they need to give us 3 weapon slots so you can keep the VR-11, PaPed starting pistol (can't seem to think of the name haha), and an ammo burning gun all at once. That way you can get rid of him at the beginning of levels with the VR-11, you have your upgraded pistols for those "OH SHIT" situations, and a gun to slay zombies with in between. Just my 2 cents.

The way to make him a lot more fun is to have him come every 3-5 rounds, and drops a max ammo and a random perk if you kill him in under 2 mins or something. i just hate when he gets in my way while i am trying to train zombies and then i get dead

• 2 weeks later...

I welcome any and all individuals to try this and let me know if my findings hold true. This is something I noticed. Draw back with killing George with the Sickle is he literally disappears infront of your eyes. He doesn't leave a drop or anything. Only way for him to leave drops is with PaPed weapons (Scavenger and Ray gun work BEST on George when PaPed. Same goes with the RPK and HK21 PaPed. Also, explosives and explosive weapons work WONDERS on him. The LAW & Chine Lake and PaPed m-16 with it's underbarrel noob-toob)

If I think I understand what you're saying, I've seen this happen a couple times myself. It's a glitch. What happens is his powerups actually drop, but in another water spot on the map. And chances are you won't be able to run to get them in time either. I don't know what triggers it. I've killed him plenty of times with a sickle or normal wepaons and not had this happen to me. but when this does happen, you're game is screwed up because every time you kill george the drops show up somewhere else. Might as well restart the game at that point.

I like the idea of getting 7 perks by doing something hard.

I like the idea of a change of play style. Rounding zombies up and than shooting them is avoided and players are encouraged to run around the map using ropes and such.

I like the change of pace given with new well-known characters.

BUT..

The well known characters are tied-up to the story very weakly. I would actually prefer If they were not tied up at all and it was a fun map. With all the questions hanging there from previous maps, George Romero is not answering any of them.

I think MP3 will do it with smaller spaces, but having George around did not change my play style it just made it torture. You can shoot him by mistake, cant use explosives around him and he speeds up the zombies. And If I am playing online, since usually I am at the open area near the lighthouse I have to baby sit him while others are basically cruising.

I would prefer to get the 7 perks with the easter-egg so that there would be a point in doing it every game. I wish the easter-eggs would be 10x harder but 10x more rewarding.

My MAIN problem with George is his stupid EARTHQUAKES.. Some guy from across the map shoots him and I have to slow down for enough time to get slapped in the face 4 times leaving me either bloody red or killing me. I think it is ridiculous that I die because some other guy shot George from across the map. This happens so often because I tend to gather them in large groups and as soon as I do I get hit with the earthquake and die.

Not to mention the max ammo not being there every 5 rounds.

Scavenger is overpowered If you use it with vr11 and its fun as hell, but I usually end up dying to George Romero (I still cant believe I am referring to a movie director as a zombie boss) cornering me because somebody else pissed him off and used the rope to get away or shot him and I died to his earthquakes.

I bought the map basically because of the trailer. None of the melee stuff or the Akimbo Rangers were there. I would really like to see some melee gameplay.

Ascension sucked because of monkeys stealing your perks and you cant do anything about it if you are playing with less than 4 people.

Call of the Dead sucked because of Romero. Im getting sick of zombies because of the new maps. If they want us to stop camping, than they have to change the game mechanics. Either keep the zombies weak but increase their numbers every round or let us camp. I would like to make use of regular shotguns in higher levels.

I want derivatives of the old maps nothing more.

If I think I understand what you're saying, I've seen this happen a couple times myself. It's a glitch. What happens is his powerups actually drop, but in another water spot on the map. And chances are you won't be able to run to get them in time either. I don't know what triggers it. I've killed him plenty of times with a sickle or normal wepaons and not had this happen to me. but when this does happen, you're game is screwed up because every time you kill george the drops show up somewhere else. Might as well restart the game at that point.

This happened again to me this weekend. I wrecked George with the Krause Refibulator + Sickle combo by the water area next to Stamina-Up. Then when he died, I heard a Samantha laugh, and the two drops were not there. Having seen this before, I raced to the starting area to see the two drops disappear in the middle of the water, where George originally spawns, before I could reach them.

Next time I killed George was with a different weapon, on land, and the drop appeared as normal.

Then the third time he died (I believe from a flopper splash), the drops relocated the starting area water again.

Then..... I rage quit. :roll:

I hated the concept of someone following (stalking) you around the whole entire game. And, if that wasn't enough... WHY did it have to be a dude nobody has ever heard about??? Oh, and, I hate treyarch. But all maps are GREAT except for: Five, and Shangri-La :P

Whoa Whoa Whoa...I hate George but he is the last person that no one knows about. He made zombie movies famous.

HOWEVER.....I like the idea of no camping. Hell I love running around to an easter egg song. It's when he chases you with his stupid light stick and slows you down.

If you are camping and he approaches you, fine, let him hit you. But when you are moving around DONT SLOW ME DOWN.

I find him an interesting character, makes the game harder.

After several "boring" zombie maps it's refreshing to have one with a challenge.

The strategy my team normally use was a camping one, and we find that camping on this map isn't as easy to do. This required us to make up a new strategy, making us better players.

I actually like the challenge that he brings; it makes my zombie trains a bit more interesting. I think it's a good feature to mix it up a bit. with George, the usual strategies of camping and such don't work well, so you're forced to use different strategies. Plus, getting the wunderwaffe from him (for someone who hasn't played any WaW) is pretty freakin awesome.

to be honest, what is dumb is the fact that the demand for the game means that the maps are getting stupid... like snn, verruckt and der riese, they have to bring in a few new ideas each map, but CoTD was the only oner where it seemed to work so actually it was a sucess in my mind, ascension was the worst as well as five and kino.

Overall,I believe George is a refreshing addition to Zombies,but just an outright pain in the ass sometimes.Trying to get a good Mystery Box gun+taking turns with my teammates on the box+nobody's watching George or the crawler=Somebody's gunna get pissed and kill the crawler with their Python :/

I guess I can't blame my teammates though.I'd piss my pants too if we were at Round 26 and George just owned us all within 1 and a half minutes.We were spread all across the map,all downed.The one that shot the crawler with his Python,right in front of the MB.Me and another guy,lighthouse.The last guy almost made it onto the catapult...The ironic thing though...me and the last guy had Stamin-Up.