George Romero

If I wasnt very good at video games It would bother me but considering camping isnt the only thing I am capable of, I think it was a good addition.

Camping during zombies is a legit strategy which has nothing to do with being good or bad at video games. Regardless of your strategy, having your teammates shoot him all the time won't help you. George is bad, not just because he ruins camping, but because of his dynamic and how he interacts, it changes the game mode too drastically.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I wasnt very good at video games It would bother me but considering camping isnt the only thing I am capable of, I think it was a good addition.

Camping during zombies is a legit strategy which has nothing to do with being good or bad at video games. Regardless of your strategy, having your teammates shoot him all the time won't help you. George is bad, not just because he ruins camping, but because of his dynamic and how he interacts, it changes the game mode too drastically.

Camping during zombies was a legit strategy, and I think they realized the game was too easy so they added George. Im not saying someone is bad at video games if they dislike George, im just saying being good at video games makes it easy to adapt to. Personally I avoid playing with teammates who are going to just shoot George, and have worked out a strategy to deal with him easily and effectively the whole game.

TBH Id be pretty disappointed if they just gave us another circle to run in endlessly. I am glad they are working to add new material and challenges to make sure it isnt the same thing over and over.

My Xbox just red ringed this week, so I didn't purchase the map pack, and traded in black ops to use the money for a while.

So I'll have to buy a used copy of the game, and then I only have 300ms points, so I'll need to buy 1000 points there.

The game is looking fun, and different, but I'm not sure if that will make me pick it back up before picking back up portal 2

I didn't like him until today. Once I killed him and got a dg-2 and double tap, it was all worth it.

This was on top of jugg, flopper, deadshot, and speed cola with a pap'ed HK-21 and Hyena. The waffle got me through rounds 21 and 22. The max ammo I got somewhere in there + newly acquired double tap got me through 23 until I died in 24.

I'm going to be killing him a lot more often, now, too.

The best way I found to kill him is in single player. Once you get a death machine, just keep pounding him with it. I killed him on round 8 with about 3 different death machines. Just make sure you don't get cornered or your screwed. No idea how to kill him in multiplayer, since I think he gets stronger. :?

i really didnt like george and really thought it was a dumb idea to add to the game, UNTIL last night; we had a guy playing with us who was a pro wrangler for george. he was great about shooting him and leading him away from the group. that was his main job, just as we had 'window' people, we had a 'george wrangler' who always kept george far enough away that we never had to worry about him. it made the map a lot easier.

still, i can do without him being in the game, but at least i realized he is totally manageable as long as you have a good player who knows how to use him.

The upgraded VR11 just makes him go away for that round. I used two people with the upgraded scavenger, gernades, and upgraded ray guns and we actually killed him. He gives you a free perk and the death machiene.

And i agree on the host migration BS. Sitting around for a half hour trying to find a game is rediculous

he doesn't even go away for that round he just teleports to a different body ofwater

alright guys. I have been hearing from so many people that they wanted a zombie boss because dogs are getting boring. once we get a boss everyone complains. they put george in the game so people cant just camp/glitch the whole time.

He's not really a boss.

Using that logic the flowers that pop out of the pipes on Super mario bros are bosses too. They are throughout the entire level, if you kill them they come back, they will hurt you unless you stay away from them.

Bosses?

its just an love/hate relation with george in the game, sometimes it awesome that he is there but sometimes i wish he wasnt there at the wrong time at the wrong place.. i just run like hell and turn back plant a mine or grenade and run run run

the only thing i can do against zombies and george

alright guys. I have been hearing from so many people that they wanted a zombie boss because dogs are getting boring. once we get a boss everyone complains. they put george in the game so people cant just camp/glitch the whole time.

He's not really a boss.

Using that logic the flowers that pop out of the pipes on Super mario bros are bosses too. They are throughout the entire level, if you kill them they come back, they will hurt you unless you stay away from them.

Bosses?

Piranha Plants.... they're called piranha plants.

i like him he's not that bad only thing that sucks is he go's after the closeist person to him insted he should go after the guy that shot him and if he downs him he should clam down if some one is allready on the ground and they shoot he should just get mad like you shot him when he is in the water if he was like this it would be great but sadly he's not he's like the new dog's to stop people from gliching but people still did so they made a new anti glich zombie geroge he should drop a max ammo tho if you shoot him with the pap VR-11 or at least if you kill him :(

To answer Viking's question, I've catapulted George. Actually, I didn't mean to. He just stumbled onto it when I was trying to escape. He catapults just like a buddy does. However, when he hits the ground right next to you, he continues to attack as normal.

I actually like the concept of George. I agree with the post above, that he should only attack the person that shot him, but hey, it may or may not get changed. I like the fact that he discourages camping, and I like his general speed and attitude. I don't like the fact that you waste all your ammo on him just to get a perk and a weapon, as this is counter-productive in getting more ammo/points. That's just my opinion, though.

To answer Viking's question, I've catapulted George. Actually, I didn't mean to. He just stumbled onto it when I was trying to escape. He catapults just like a buddy does. However, when he hits the ground right next to you, he continues to attack as normal.

I actually like the concept of George. I agree with the post above, that he should only attack the person that shot him, but hey, it may or may not get changed. I like the fact that he discourages camping, and I like his general speed and attitude. I don't like the fact that you waste all your ammo on him just to get a perk and a weapon, as this is counter-productive in getting more ammo/points. That's just my opinion, though.

I also agree.

xRock Fan ;)

Hi everyone first of all im new to here and have not yet played COTD but the

George Romero constant zombie is stupid the only reason they put him in there is so people cant camp on the map and in my opinion thats one of the most liked things bout zombies like when i play KINO i run stage for a little to group them all than i run to the front lobby and get to the end of the couch and unload an arsenal onto them if u ask me they took one of the great things that couldve been used on the board. (please dont flame me for what ive said)

Hi everyone first of all im new to here and have not yet played COTD but the

George Romero constant zombie is stupid the only reason they put him in there is so people cant camp on the map and in my opinion thats one of the most liked things bout zombies like when i play KINO i run stage for a little to group them all than i run to the front lobby and get to the end of the couch and unload an arsenal onto them if u ask me they took one of the great things that couldve been used on the board. (please dont flame me for what ive said)

Not flaming here. But, i still think George was a good idea. I mean, i loved camping too, but i would rather play on a more challenging map where i can't camp then a giant camping map that is easy. Mixes it up a little you know? Gives us more variety so we don't have to get bored with running and camping every single time we play. But if you like that stuff, you can still play the older maps. And besides, with George in play, like way2g00 said, it will keep the annoying little 9 year old n00b freaks from enjoying this map as much as we do, and that tis W1NN1NG.

I like the George character. He adds a certain tension that I hadn't experienced since NDU. He can most definitely be annoying sometimes, but it gives this map flavor. I played it at a buddy's house on xbox, and I got a Death Machine on round 3, and unloaded the whole thing in him. Imagine my surprise when he didn't even flinch. I was freaking out.

On the other hand, I think he should have fit into a more traditional boss role. Like appearing every so many rounds and increasing his health a little each time he shows up (instead of increasing the number of dogs/creepers/monkeys). He should also drop Max Ammo for sure.

So, basically I like George, but I dislike the way 3arc implemented him.