George Romero

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i want is a harder map. Every map so far has been either very easy or hard. My lowest score is on NDU, mainly because of no perks, no PaP, tiny space and no max ammo from dog rounds

Its bad how there is no dog round in CoTD. So no max ammo. oh well. it will entertain me

I have yet to play it though coz im PS3, but i think after like 2 minutes of him following me around i will get pissed

BTW, is there any way to kill him other than VR11'ing him while he is in the water?

I think maybe all of the "Make it to round 100 and zombie hitler is the new boss" made treyarch finally give us what the fans *seemed* to have wanted, but it was implemented wrongly. I think they should just not do bosses, and no special rounds. Makes it more nostalgic.

Plus you can't play a public match because all they do is shoot George -_-

There was no real need for him IMO.

Just a chance for 3ARC to maybe cash in on some image or publicity rights, same as the other characters.

To get rid, just get a crawler and get someone to keep him entertained at the other side of the map, then, (as long as you all have enough firepower), the other three keep him in the pond and kill him, until he comes back.

I got him flashing yellow playing just by myself using half of a Scavenger's full ammo and a few grenades, but ran out of ammo and money, it was only round 3 IIRC.

The map should be called "ClusterFuc* Of The Dead" Seriously though, George is unnecessary. I understand why he is there for you posting about that, but that doesn't change the fact that his concept is dumb and ruins a HUGE part of zombie strategy..... this concept is about to push to me to the edge of despising this map more than any other. I was under the impression such a large map would allow for different strats, running, camping, etc... but all you can do is run around like an idiot. Not really that fun. There is a fine line between difficulty and fun, and with this map they crossed that line into difficulty and not fun. Sure they tossed a million easter eggs... but the storyline has been diluted with every map that even the best easter egg ever can't redeem this mess.

/rant

I can't stand him. Especially when your team pisses him off then just leaves you. Team did it to me last night. Got him all pisses then ran off. Next thing I know, he has me stuck in a corner then kills me. And I had just gotten the vr11.

But what pisses me off the most is the host migration crap. After trying to get in a game for close to 45 minutes, I got into 1 game

The upgraded VR11 just makes him go away for that round. I used two people with the upgraded scavenger, gernades, and upgraded ray guns and we actually killed him. He gives you a free perk and the death machiene.

And i agree on the host migration BS. Sitting around for a half hour trying to find a game is rediculous

I couldn't care less who the character was. It's much more challenging with him in the map but slows the rounds down way to much and can get you really frustrated. Sucks all the fun out of the game. Like others have said would be better if he appeared every 3 or 4 round for 1 round only. I found a nice spot to circle and I don't mind him there with me but there's always some retard that will run past and throw a grenade and I'm left with shitload of crawlers and a pissed off George. Really annoying!!!!

I'll vote with a "maybe".

On one hand, I think the whole concept of the movie star characters in Call of the Dead kinda cheapens Zombies' overall story and immersion. (I wonder if the whole thing was just for money or if they seriously just thought it was a good concept. I think it would have been better if they were all in character more, and they could have kept it a bit more zombies relevant...) But on the other hand, I sort of view it as just a joke map. If you look at it seriously it seems ridiculous... but it is a fun map. Challenging, but fun.

I love the level design. It felt like Der Riese meets Shi No Numa (my favorite) to me. I'm all for bigger zombies maps. I'm anxious to see what they do next.

Once you've opened the whole map up I don't mind him. At the start he is bloody frustrating, because it only takes a second for him to get to you, but in a way it's nice to have to avoid and run around him. Bit different.

But the main annoying things are-

NO MAX AMMO from dog/monkey/theif round.

GETTING STUCK IN CORNERS - they should have made it so if you are in a corner you can still get around him. annoys the hell outta me.....

Hopefully 3arc, the community supporting awesome company they are, reads this or something like this and nerfs the hell out of him. Make him slower, weaker, and have him come out at maybe like round 5. Not have him at the start. It's a cool cinematic of him coming out of the water, but seriously, and if he likes cold water so much, there's a big boat just about over there. He knows what to do.

I wouldn't mind him too much if he dropped a max ammo instead of the death machine. It's near impossible to kill him without everyone losing all of their ammo. And when you do kill him, he returns within a round or so to annoy you again.